Mordhau

kicksystem

2 0
  • 8 Oct
 matte

A lot of ppl will probably disagree with this topic but i dont care the devs need to know the real big problem with this game which is the kick system, and not in the way most ppl may think, ITS TO EASY TO KICK PEOPLE!

Players abuse this mechanic by fucking spamming yes on every votekick, now people are trolling others by starting a vote for the most pathetic shit ever, and 5 seconds later you'll get kicked.

Probably 10 times a day i'll get kicked for no reason at all, i just came off a game where a guy was kicking me off the cata right be4 it reloads so that he could fire the shot and get the kills, i attacked him back to say fuck off, and he kicked me...

Another time i ran into someone on my fucking horse by accident, he started a vote and i got kicked, accidentally hitting someone in mayham on your team gets you kicked, playing the lute gets you kicked, i once got kicked out of 4 games in a row for no fucking reason, and in the fourth game the reason was i typed in chat ''why do ppl kick others for no reason? i just got kicked out of 3 games'' and THAT got me kicked.

This is a bigger problem then the trollers, the bugs, balancing and frankly any other issue with this game, imo, i just hope others share this concern with me.

have a nice day.

1405 1475

You can't say you were kicked for no reason and then present a list of reasons you were kicked for.

2 0
  • 8 Oct
 matte

i never said that the times i brought up were because of no reason, those were some examples of players getting salty over pathetic reasons, and you saying accidentally hitting someone in your team with a horse doing 9 damage, or getting kicked for typing in the chat, is absurd... if you think that's enough to kick someone out of a game then you're part of the problem.

1405 1475

Point is: That's not a problem of the system but of the community.

Most of the decent folks have put the game on hiatus. If I'd still play the game I would just vote "yes" all the time myself, because it's safe to assume that the player is a troll - just like most people still playing at the moment.

I doubt the devs play on official servers at all and they visit the forum rather infrequently. While the situation sucks, you won't change it by posting in the forum. You'd probably have to harass them in Discord for them to acknowledge it. And even then they will most probably just say that they are too busy because the team is so small (or just ban you from the channel).

728 548
  • 9 Oct
 esturias

There is votekick abuse happening in the game and that needs to get fixed, but if you get kicked more than 10 times a day, that means that you either play too much or you do something that deserves it.
Or could it be that you are exaggerating a tiny bit? That rarely helps with a point...

Mercenary 1122 2050

@SWSeriousMike said:
Most of the decent folks have put the game on hiatus. If I'd still play the game I would just vote "yes" all the time myself, because it's safe to assume that the player is a troll - just like most people still playing at the moment.

"I'm not playing the game."
"Most people still playing are trolls."

Yeah, it's obvious you're not playing if you think most of them are trolls.

1405 1475

Even when I was still playing the game it was infested with griefers. The chat was always useless and full of racism and xenophobia. There were engineer trolls and fire bombs and smoke everywhere. Every exploit in the game was abused every match. And of course there were salty flamers crying about feints and people who think that friendly fire is hilarious, too.
I don't expect this to have changed for the better.

So I don't think that the players are mostly trolls because I don't play the game. Instead I don't play the game because most players are trolls (and the game has little to offer in gameplay at the moment).

Mercenary 1122 2050

@SWSeriousMike said:
Even when I was still playing the game it was infested with griefers. The chat was always useless and full of racism and xenophobia. There were engineer trolls and fire bombs and smoke everywhere. Every exploit in the game was abused every match. And of course there were salty flamers crying about feints and people who think that friendly fire is hilarious, too.
I don't expect this to have changed for the better.

So I don't think that the players are mostly trolls because I don't play the game. Instead I don't play the game because most players are trolls (and the game has little to offer in gameplay at the moment).

You're not playing in EU severs I take it? Because the problems you are mentioning are almost non-existent at the moment. Yeah, there's the odd toxic person or ffa'er in duels, but they get kicked fairly quickly. Unless a group of people large enough to negate any votekick comes in, griefers are powerless.

As for the racism and xenophobia, well, I completely agree, this community seems to have more of it than most other games I play, and often they don't get kicked for it.

728 548
  • 9 Oct
 esturias

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
You're not playing in EU severs I take it? Because the problems you are mentioning are almost non-existent at the moment.

What servers are you talking about? Play the normal official Invasion/Frontline servers and you'll quickly notice that it's a mess. There are teamkillers and trolls in every other match.

As for the racism and xenophobia, well, I completely agree, this community seems to have more of it than most other games I play, and often they don't get kicked for it.

Not really surprising when the developer doesn't care at all and only added the votekick feature after a little pressure from outside...

Mercenary 1122 2050

@esturias said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
You're not playing in EU severs I take it? Because the problems you are mentioning are almost non-existent at the moment.

What servers are you talking about? Play the normal official Invasion/Frontline servers and you'll quickly notice that it's a mess. There are teamkillers and trolls in every other match.

Those are the servers I play mostly. I've been playing every night for the past few days and never was bothered by any troll or teamkiller that didn't get immediately votekicked.

1405 1475

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
Those are the servers I play mostly. I've been playing every night for the past few days and never was bothered by any troll or teamkiller that didn't get immediately votekicked.

How do you know that the people who were kicked were the trolls? There is more than one report about trolls utilizing the vote kick system for their harassment.

Also not contributing in a team-based game mode is also a (mild) form of trolling. So lute players and guys camping the loadout selection spots are also trolls in my book. That's already about half of the players. ;) At least it was when I was still playing.

Mercenary 1122 2050

@SWSeriousMike said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
Those are the servers I play mostly. I've been playing every night for the past few days and never was bothered by any troll or teamkiller that didn't get immediately votekicked.

How do you know that the people who were kicked were the trolls? There is more than one report about trolls utilizing the vote kick system for their harassment.

Yes, sometimes people get wrongly votekicked and that is a problem. This usually happens when a troll starts killing someone, they retaliate, and then get kicked with a high team damage percentage. I know that most of the time it's the trolls that get kicked, because I pay attention to who is trolling.

Also not contributing in a team-based game mode is also a (mild) form of trolling. So lute players and guys camping the loadout selection spots are also trolls in my book. That's already about half of the players. ;) At least it was when I was still playing.

Right now, I see at most 1 player per team that is just playing the lute. I haven't seen anyone camping the loadout screen in a very long time.