Mordhau

How dead is this game?

1756 1814
  • 10 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Cracksmith said:
Why are you people so fatalistic? The game isn’t dying, it just fills a niche that people aren't generally interested in.

It fills a niche I'm generally interested in and I'm not playing it at the moment either.

184 148
  • 10 Oct '19
 Cracksmith

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Cracksmith said:
Why are you people so fatalistic? The game isn’t dying, it just fills a niche that people aren't generally interested in.

It fills a niche I'm generally interested in and I'm not playing it at the moment either.

Well thats just you isn’t it. Whats popular among the proles isnt necessarily whats popular among us. The majority of the people on the forum for a game are the sorts of people that play the game, right? And theres plenty of people on the discord as well. But thats because we fall into the niche the game is in. The thousands of newbies that bought it at launch or came to the game with no prior melee game experience don’t fit into that niche, believe it or not.
That being said, when the people that fill into the niche go on to greener pastures, then the game is dead. Having a dedicated playerbase of veteran players isnt dead. Dead is no players period, by my definition.

93 104
  • 10 Oct '19
 SoRoofless

I still play the game sometimes, but I can tell you I’d play a lot more if frontline were less trash.

182 110
  • 10 Oct '19
 bobbydigital

Dying, no idea, but the players are declining rapidly. 3200 average today and it's just a bug filled game that should still be in early access.

1756 1814
  • 11 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Cracksmith said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Cracksmith said:

Well thats just you isn’t it. Whats popular among the proles isnt necessarily whats popular among us. The majority of the people on the forum for a game are the sorts of people that play the game, right? And theres plenty of people on the discord as well. But thats because we fall into the niche the game is in. The thousands of newbies that bought it at launch or came to the game with no prior melee game experience don’t fit into that niche, believe it or not.
That being said, when the people that fill into the niche go on to greener pastures, then the game is dead. Having a dedicated playerbase of veteran players isnt dead. Dead is no players period, by my definition.

It's not just me. You claimed that players left because it is a niche game. Proof it then.

Apologists are annoying. "Game's too hard" when the game lacks depth. "It's a niche game" when it sold millions on release.

"Negative reviews are unwarranted. The game isn't dead. There are still some people playing on private servers." Recommending the game to anyone in its current state is just wrong. There are regions that can't get a single server full. And if they would, the server would still run like ass.

The game wasn't ready for release. That was common knowledge. But most people assumed that development speed would increase after release considering the amount of money they made. Instead development became even slower.

156 84
  • 11 Oct '19
 NoYou

very

• 14 Oct '19
 freygeist
This comment was deleted.
1250 918
  • 14 Oct '19
 esturias

@freygeist said:
They ruined it! Triternion ruined its own fucking game, by listening to the wrong people, and adding pointless word filters for the leftist crybabies. Thats one important point. And the other on is, they are stupid. Which would be the reason, why they listened to the journalists twats in the first place. So we go full circle again.

They ruined their game because they made a few absolutely minor steps against the massive toxicity in the game?
Wow. You should really fix your delusion.

Mercenary 1163 2110
  • 14 Oct '19
 TheKingInTheNorth

@freygeist said:
They ruined it! Triternion ruined its own fucking game, by listening to the wrong people, and adding pointless word filters for the leftist crybabies. Thats one important point. And the other on is, they are stupid. Which would be the reason, why they listened to the journalists twats in the first place. So we go full circle again.

'Mordhau bad because people will kick or mute me for being a racist.'

• 14 Oct '19
 freygeist
Knight 7768 14310
  • 14 Oct '19
 ToLazy4Name

imagine being upset at individually tailored chat filters and thinking that it ruins a game that focuses almost 100% on the actual gameplay

go away

1 0
  • 14 Oct '19
 Bannana

mordhau error.png . I am having problem logging in, by the time I press "play" button, an error message occurs, saying that mordhau is attempting to launch with the optional parameters shown below "mordhau" , and asks if I want to allow the game launch by pressing OK or Cancel. If i press ok nothing other than the message occuring again happens. If i press cancel, the game closes. Help me please.

Things I have tried: Restart, uninstall, compatibility options, anti-virus settings exclusions and so on, youtube videos and their tactics. No change whatsoever. Help-me-please.

Duke 553 939
  • 15 Oct '19
 Goatie

Well it was a niche I fit into and I still left because the game is BORING. So did multiple clanmates and even a few content creators.

• 15 Oct '19
 freygeist
Knight 3193 4395
  • 15 Oct '19
 MONKEYTOES

should i play mordhau it looks fun

Knight 7768 14310
  • 15 Oct '19
 ToLazy4Name

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
imagine being upset at individually tailored chat filters and thinking that it ruins a game that focuses almost 100% on the actual gameplay

go away

It was funny as hell. And many people said the truth about a certain group of people, but i guess it was too much truth for the leftists jerks too handle. Of course it doesnt ruin the gameplay you smoothbrain, but it made me laugh. Now i dont laugh anymore, thanks to these humorless moron. The chat ingame now is as funny as this boring fucking forum has become, because they banned all the cool people, now look whats left. SadMike and his boring gang of soyboy cucks This is literally hell!

literally nothing has changed about the chat you absolute trog, the only thing they added was a client-side word filter

1250 918
  • 15 Oct '19
 esturias

@freygeist said:
It was funny as hell.

Want to have that fun again? Just place yourself infront of a mirror and keep trolling away. So fun! And no need at all to talk to all those weird normal people. Yay! Go for it!

• 15 Oct '19
 freygeist
Knight 3193 4395
  • 15 Oct '19
 MONKEYTOES

victim blaming smh

Knight 7768 14310
  • 15 Oct '19
 ToLazy4Name

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

literally nothing has changed about the chat you absolute trog, the only thing they added was a client-side word filter

And a ban function after saying bad words, so its more than just a client-side word filter, isnt it? And of course you have the fact, there was already a MUTE funtion ingame for individual players or the whole chat. So there was absolutely no need for anything more then that. Its a game for an ADULT playerbase not for children, so you would think, ADULT people could handle seeing bad words in a chat, but nope. Thats too much to ask.

Banning people for speech has been in since day 1 holy shit how do you continue to be this stupid