Mordhau

How dead is this game?

7 4

Everyday I log in to play at different hours, and the population seems to be dwindling at an astonishing rate. Has anyone else noticed this? I love the game but where is everyone? How many people quitting a month? Anyone know?

130 53
  • 7 Oct
 CarnifeX

some of those who doesnt play it actually, will comeback if they just release their new maps etc.,
but most of them wont, the hope and the trust in the devs is problably way too damaged..
and the time you have to wait for content, or even for fixes is a pain in the ass
so i dont think this population problem is in any way repairable, this would need a 180 degree change

the modding n mapping scene is indeed very small but also very dedicated,
so they managed to bring out an unoffical sdk these days..
means its absolutely not dead, but this community will not grow any more in my opinion,
i think it will stay in the numbers we have now

you can call this dead or not, its very controversial

24 7
  • 7 Oct
 Khashius

Not as dead as square enix's batallion fps. Shame really. People are so close minded these days. Never willing to learn anything new.

165 98

I am struggling to find servers with more than 30 players to night, invasion/frontline.

Logged on 30 minutes ago, logging off.

The last match was on grad, it said defeat after the reds finished the first point. . .

Even when there is players, it's very repetitive.

Mercenary 1122 2050

@bobbydigital said:
The last match was on grad, it said defeat after the reds finished the first point. . .

I might have been in that match, cause the same thing happened to me tonight. There is supposedly some kind of exploit that instantly kills the king and warden as soon as they spawn, I've seen that mentioned before. No idea how it works though.

728 547
  • 8 Oct
 esturias

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/19993/is-the-game-truly-deaddying/?page=3#c59

I insisted on the game not being dead, but when I tested it again last week and barely found a server to play on when playing slightly off the rush hour, I started to question my standpoint.

And yes, I got that weird defeat on Grad, too. In my match, someone was blaming it on a player. I already wanted to ask, but then again, it wouldn't be that intelligent to share that kind of possible exploit on the forums with a community like this one...

1405 1475

The game isn't dead. It's just that all players are tilted. Next patch will probably reduce projectile speed and increase the effectiveness of 2h weapons and everything will be perfect forever.

165 98

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@bobbydigital said:

I might have been in that match, cause the same thing happened to me tonight. There is supposedly some kind of exploit that instantly kills the king and warden as soon as they spawn, I've seen that mentioned before. No idea how it works though.

Yeah you was, you killed me a few times.

@SWSeriousMike said:
The game isn't dead. It's just that all players are tilted. Next patch will probably reduce projectile speed and increase the effectiveness of 2h weapons and everything will be perfect forever.

I don't think the stats lie, the game is declining at a rather rapid pace, losing 10% of it's population a month.
Obviously with less players, losing 10% seems less noticeable as the number is smaller, currently it's about 10 people a day leaving the game.
A patch will bump those figures up briefly and then it will decline further after a week or 2 when people realise little has changed.
2020, probably going to have an average of 2500 players.
Once it gets to a point where it feels empty and difficult to find a full match, you will only have super hardcore players left.

94 217

the daily peak has been very consistent for the past month or two, each day the game peaks at 4.5k - 5k players, it's plateaued.

130 53
  • 8 Oct
 CarnifeX

@ParalyzedTortoise said:
the daily peak has been very consistent for the past month or two, each day the game peaks at 4.5k - 5k players, it's plateaued.

Because we still have new Players, but this wont last forever.
So, i also think this will end with 2.5k or 3k in the end.

1405 1475

@bobbydigital said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

I don't think the stats lie, the game is declining at a rather rapid pace, losing 10% of it's population a month.
Obviously with less players, losing 10% seems less noticeable as the number is smaller, currently it's about 10 people a day leaving the game.
A patch will bump those figures up briefly and then it will decline further after a week or 2 when people realise little has changed.
2020, probably going to have an average of 2500 players.
Once it gets to a point where it feels empty and difficult to find a full match, you will only have super hardcore players left.

It was a meme and not a serious reply. I fully agree that the game is losing players fast. But since the remaining community seems to be totally fine with it and blames the former players instead of the ridiculous slow progress and ludicrous balancing decisions memes are the most adequate response.

165 98

italicised text@SWSeriousMike

I expected with a name like that, that it was a serious reply, I was a bit slow I guess.👴

@ParalyzedTortoise said:

The peak has dropped by 1k in the passed 30 days. 6.8k now vs 7.8k last month, so if the peaks are now consistent at 4.5k/5k then it seems like quite a drop. Not sure what is the best stat to use, average players across the day or peak players, I think weekends see a rise.

Peak concurrent players yesterday: 4,651
Playtime total: 30:38 (average) 15:29 (median)

I am hoping the 30:38 is hours and not minutes.

Knight 7664 14059

There are currently almost 4k players active, the game isn't anywhere near dead.

1405 1475

I doubt players in SEA and SA see it that way.

Knight 7664 14059

okay I meant for humans

394 589
  • 9 Oct
 smug

big yikes for this board ^

3 0
  • 10 Oct
 BenJackson

The number of people playing is decreasing, but it is not going to die. Trust me.
76-763433_self-confidence-icon-clipart-png-download-self-confidence.png
source

30 19
  • 10 Oct
 Cracksmith

Why are you people so fatalistic? The game isn’t dying, it just fills a niche that people aren't generally interested in.

728 547
  • 10 Oct
 esturias

@Cracksmith said:
Why are you people so fatalistic? The game isn’t dying, it just fills a niche that people aren't generally interested in.

Countering fatalism with ignorance and delusion won't help anyone, either...