Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #12 Released

1697 1292
  • 5 Oct '19
 esturias

That kind of moaning won't get us anywhere...

198 129
  • 5 Oct '19
 bobbydigital

Posting on the forum doesn't get us anywhere, day one issues are still in the game. It's just a habit to come here.

2 2
  • 5 Oct '19
 W

This is so fucking painfull,that I can't play this game at it's current state.
Just waiting til either devs fix this, either Chivalry 2 come out.
Anyway, I can't help myself, but feel robbed.
I wasted a lot of time training with one very specific weapon and now all my moves that I used to working out is useless.
I also noticed that sometimes weapon comes through me, which makes me kinda of feel sorry for my opponent.
It's just not fair.

While it doesn't necessarily make the game "unplayable", this rare bullshit gets me every time.
Especially, if it happens in the ranked competitive mode, losing/getting unfairly awarded rating really grinds my gears.
It's not just the zwei, either - Greatsword and the Executioner really like to pass through people as well, mostly their heads and/or feet, either in an attempt to accel or during down-up swings.
It all may be an issue with ping, or the way Mordhau handles hits, but the problem of "fighting ghosts" deserves attention.

2 1
  • 7 Oct '19
 Zephyrtron

I did really enjoy the dumb chargefest tbh. I mean, like REALLY enjoy it. It was thrilling in a way that the mode just isn’t anymore.

I understand your point (although the scenario you describe sounds to me like exactly what a siege should feel like) and perhaps 5 seconds is too fast.

But 15 seconds is bobbins.

298 144
  • 11 Oct '19
 CarnifeX

no more fun to play, this perennial waiting for fixes, the lack of content, the lack of interest for suggestions even if they are common sense and the shitty netcode/servers or whatever excuse to insert for this.. has becoming way too much to
outweighs the experience, love for the genre & idea behind that...

the fights doesnt even feel the same since the last two updates/hotfixes,
with 780hrs i now end up in the middle board very often
enemys start their swing and your dead immediatly.. (i mean there is zero time between this)
blocking is impossible... if i look to the fps it doesnt even show a framedrop or anything, same with ping, everything looks normal
oh and without this magical matrix timejump, i'm still happy if the blocks even trigger,
because sometimes also nothing happens..

and these strange things comes and go, with every new update or hotfix
one breaks it, the other fix it, the next breaks it again
but the last one or two just changed the fighting completely for me

i was tryin now for weeks, but nah i dont really find back into the game(-fights)

but whatever, what could i say more, thx for the time it lasted...

5 9
  • 12 Oct '19
 KZF50E

Am I the only one having fun with the game??

1697 1292
  • 12 Oct '19
 esturias

@KZF50E said:
Am I the only one having fun with the game??

There are people who can have fun with the most stupid and broken game you can think of. And even in those games you'll have people who'll claim that everything is fine, against all kinds of sensible and objective input saying otherwise.
Doesn't mean that this game is THAT bad, but... yeah.

Anyway. If you have fun with the game, keep having fun.

1430 2175

I have a hard time playing the game :/ I'm always getting cheesed by something and my Florida ping makes a third of my swings phase through people doing no damage and gives me tons of red parries and failed chambers.

This same ping played out just fine in Chivalry. Using a gamepad wasn't stunted by absurdly low max sensitivity in Chivalry. I never once felt gamepad was inferior to keyboard in the Chivalry duel yards. Game is so much faster than Chivalry, fighting a group of people and I don't even see the windups of some of the weapons, just too many and too fast. First hit to flinch sounded great and I hated Chiv's trades... but now I just get spammed whenever I hit a bunch of enemies and I'm in combo and should still have initiative. Allies who aren't even in my screen jump in front of my attacks when I use 2h. And when I use one hander I'm just getting spammed in the back by allies and spammed from the front by enemies.

I despised weapon balance in Chivalry but Mordhau makes me miss Chivalry's weapons. Messer is still an obnoxious weapon. Rapier is far more disruptive than norse. Shields are shit yet super disruptive. Estoc is practically invisible. One handed weapons snag on walls on the opposite side of your attack side... which kind of defeats the purpose of using one handed weapons in close quarters... you were better served with spamming stabs... and spamming two hander stabs is better than spamming one hander stabs. One hander's niche isn't close quarter combat... it's niche is simply being unreadable but dramatically inferior to a 2hander in every aspect. If mace is so heavy and so slow with such unresponsive swings... why does it get a rapier stab? Why does messer get an accelerated stab? Shouldn't weapons with high damage swings and low damage stabs simply have shitty stabs instead of accelerated stabs? A monkey who spams morphs with messer, bardiche and baxe is clearly behind weapon balance.

Don't get me started on cleaver and the very cancerous load outs bloodlust perk invites.

QoL is just very low. Alot of things feel very clunky and poorly thought out. I complain on these forums but I know devs rarely read and certainly don't care. It's just habit at this point to give feed back on these forums. Afterall, alpha players have been pointing issues out since 2017 that still haven't been addressed.

198 129
  • 13 Oct '19
 bobbydigital

When the invasion maps are released, if they are crap I will uninstall.

The game just doesn't have enough maps, the ones it does have have balance issues they never get fixed.

Taiga, Mines on invasion, that last point is the most tedious thing I have played in a while. People hated that location in frontline mode yet they made it a feature for invasion mode.

Camp is just red spamming catapult from unreachable location, loads of the blue team leave so it ends up red has 5/10 more players.

Grad, same as mines really, tedious bottleneckfest with toolbox structures. Should be away to destroy the main gates rather than have them locked.

25 5
  • 14 Oct '19
 420friendly

unreliable devs

25 5
  • 14 Oct '19
 420friendly

@LuxCandidus said:
I really appreciate the new model of smaller, more frequent updates. Keep up the good work.

it's a once a month update and we get small ass changes i can't even notice

46 17
  • 15 Oct '19
 norshin

Can't wait to try out Feitoria during the Christmas holidays!

1430 2175

Feitoria 2020!

5 9
  • 16 Oct '19
 KZF50E

Hungry for mappies

5 9
  • 18 Oct '19
 KZF50E

seriously where is the new map??

298 144
  • 19 Oct '19
 CarnifeX

@KZF50E said:
seriously where is the new map??

i would be happier if they reroll the last update, game is running shit on my machine since then
or we could atleast get a f*reakin hotfix since weeks of waiting
enemys start a swing or whatever, then your dead, nothing between this, you dont even see the weapon hitting you
ping is fine, no packet loss or whatever, fps also dont change when this happens

irony in this, everytime a update fucks the game up for me, there is no patch for weeks
couldnt be happier..

2 0
  • 19 Oct '19
 SirHal

@esturias said:

@NoYou said:
They've exceeded september deadline for maps :(

Even if there was something like an official deadline - why would anyone care or be surprised?
When I, as a "new" player know by now that this developer is one of that "It's ready when it's done - maybe."-kind, you should know that, too.

And again, for the optimistic part in all of us:
When it takes longer, it probably means that we get a finished and maybe even balanced map. A good map.
Who knows?! So just wait and be patient. I mean... even more than we already are.

That's not true at all. Time does not equate to quality.

25 5
  • 20 Oct '19
 420friendly

patch... 13...., haha

198 129
  • 20 Oct '19
 bobbydigital

So we get 2 new maps, so then the total of Invasion specific maps will be. . . .2 Why even do this mode. They could have spend the time fixing the balance in frontline whilst adding new content.

New maps won't save this mess but it might prolong it.
Without toolbox spam fix a lot of the maps play the same way.
Need to have better spawn locations in current frontline maps that are used for invasion. Spawning in direct sight of a huge ballista for example is not good.
Better ways to deal with catapults due to them being in the kill zone for the ones trying to destroy it.

5 1
  • 21 Oct '19
 Aliwonym

@LuxCandidus said:
I really appreciate the new model of smaller, more frequent updates. Keep up the good work.

Me too! Great job! I feel it's more convinient to use