Mordhau

First General Discussion Thread! Anything goes!

7 8
  • 25 Oct '15
 sesstreets

Mordhau!

7 5
  • 25 Oct '15
 Mr.Z

I like the new name.

28 136
  • 25 Oct '15
 Spook — UI

I'm happy I can finally call it Mordhau when talking about the game, came close to blurting it out a few times.

713 685
  • 25 Oct '15
 LordColonelAxeman

Ayy, fuck yeah. Good name.

5 3
  • 25 Oct '15
 ℬExiletheWolf

Screenshots lookin' goooooooooooood.

137 122
  • 25 Oct '15
 Waterboy

Okay, first off, how to pronounce Mordhau?

553 2184
  • 25 Oct '15
 crushed — Art

holy shit

1 0
  • 25 Oct '15
 stael

looking good

4 1
  • 25 Oct '15
 Naleaus

I was afraid they wouldn't be able to come up with a decent name, but Mordhau fits pretty well.

24 48
  • 25 Oct '15
 GIRUGIRU

pronounciation = Mord-how?

either way it everything looks real gudddd

1 0
  • 25 Oct '15
 lebensraum1488

The new site! here we are, all!

583 2230
  • 25 Oct '15
 marox — Project Lead

@GIRUGIRU said:
pronounciation = Mord-how?

That's pretty much it, fairly straightforward in this case

2 3
  • 25 Oct '15
 eqReithur

Looks awesome and I'm glad to see an update!

Edit: Did porting the Unity graphics assets to UE4 require any kind of modification or update, or was it just a direct port?

1 0
  • 25 Oct '15
 Ƥxcorly

Mordhow?

114 762
  • 25 Oct '15
 elwebbaro — Art

@eqReithur said:
Looks awesome and I'm glad to see an update!

Edit: Did porting the Unity graphics assets to UE4 require any kind of modification or update, or was it just a direct port?

We went from the Specular PBR workflow to the Metallic PBR Worklfow, which means it's not any different technology wise, just that it actually works and is consistent with texturing software, unlike Unity.

In short: Porting the assets requires a little work, however I'm also improving them along the way.

12 20
  • 25 Oct '15
 Yaakov

Hype!!!!!

4 1
  • 25 Oct '15
 Naleaus

What does the transition from unity to UE4 mean in terms of optimization? I've only seen the amazing screenshots UE4 is capable of, but didn't read about how it scales down.

503 699
  • 25 Oct '15
 BobSapp

This game looked out of unity's capability, I guess it was! it's time to mordhau all!

1 0
  • 25 Oct '15
 guru

looks awesome

114 762
  • 25 Oct '15
 elwebbaro — Art

@Naleaus said:
What does the transition from unity to UE4 mean in terms of optimization? I've only seen the amazing screenshots UE4 is capable of, but didn't read about how it scales down.

Good question! We were surprised ourselves about how well it scales, given the big leap in fidelity it offers. It's mostly due to the fact that everything we need is provided by the Engine itself, and we're no longer dependant on third party assets to make the game look "okay". Those assets really slowed down the Unity builds. There's still a lot of optimization to be done on our part, but we can safely say that it runs a lot smoother than the Unity counterpart, no matter the settings.