Mordhau

Platinum Rank and higher.. "tactics"

136 178

@Tr0gledyte said:
Wtf guys? It's impossible to win a stamina fight with a peasant that uses a frying pan, even if you use a buckler. This is a meme build but the worst part is it's actually viable(!), moreso with 2-3 frying pans so you can throw them unexpectedly.

Made me lol. If you manage to consistently get outstammed by a frying pan then perhaps it's better to tank your elo down to silver instead of trying to go up the ladder.

18 21
  • 22 Sep
 Breidr

The one thing that dueling has really taught me is that I don't enjoy the combat system is much as I thought. For me it all comes down to feinting and reading and that's just not that fun for me. Players seem to have the ability to just make their weapons "stop" and wait. You think they'd run out of stam, but they don't, and the minute you parry, you get hit. Don't even get me started on dodge users.

It's not fun, and for that reason, I've stopped playing.

124 44

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Imagine thinking that longsword isn't near the top of dueling weapons lmao

You missed the point where, with the same weapon, those players sucked balls. They are not skilled, they make use of blatantly OP weapons.

My point is that the longsword is really fucking good and your inability to deal with battle axe is on you, not on them for being unable to use longsword lmao

Stop pretending all weapons are equal. The Battle Axe is just better, period. Hence why so many high level players use it. How many people use a longsword in Diamond/Elite ranks? I'm guessing close to zero. Because other weapons are significantly better.

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@Tr0gledyte said:
Wtf guys? It's impossible to win a stamina fight with a peasant that uses a frying pan, even if you use a buckler. This is a meme build but the worst part is it's actually viable(!), moreso with 2-3 frying pans so you can throw them unexpectedly.

Made me lol. If you manage to consistently get outstammed by a frying pan then perhaps it's better to tank your elo down to silver instead of trying to go up the ladder.

Frying pan has 18 stamina drain. That's on par with the top weapons. Zweihander has 20 stamina drain, for reference. And that's where things get iffy. Because while a Zweihander has more stamina drain, the frying pan is literally twice as fast, thus draining an opponent's stamina at an alarming rate if he parries your attack spam. It also has 11 PDN for some reason, which is very good for a weapon with this kind of speed, 3 hit kills and stamina drain.

In fact, its stamina stats are almost identical to a Longsword.

The ONLY balancing factor of the frying pan is that it requires the peasant perk. If not, everyone would use a frying pan as a secondary.

I myself have switched to a Peter Pan build sometimes when facing an obviously much more skilled player and it fucking works! Run around like a madman, smack them in the face ocasionally, throw a pan, etc. Unless they use a weapon that 1-hit kills you, then it's quite unforgiving.

@Breidr said:
The one thing that dueling has really taught me is that I don't enjoy the combat system is much as I thought. For me it all comes down to feinting and reading and that's just not that fun for me. Players seem to have the ability to just make their weapons "stop" and wait. You think they'd run out of stam, but they don't, and the minute you parry, you get hit. Don't even get me started on dodge users.

I'm starting to agree with you. Watching some youtubers triple feint while staring at the ground etc.. People sliding backwards faster than Michael Jackson.. is this what Mordhau is?

312 244
  • 22 Sep
 LoPan

You keep repeating that “most high lvl/tier players use baxe.”

They don’t...

Knight 3303 6769
  • 23 Sep
 Bodkin

Longsword and Greatsword are extremely common. Both of them are borderline unreadable in skilled hands. The fact you don't know this yet pretty much makes everything else you wrote irrelevant, not to mention the sword boner.

Not trying to be a complete asshole but seriously man if you don't know whats actually broken at high levels then the balance suggestions are basically as good as piss in the wind. Baxe isn't bad by any means but its pretty much overshadowed by the messer or war axe rn, which both perform similarly at a cheaper price, and is not all that common in higher levels.

124 44

@Bodkin said:
Longsword and Greatsword are extremely common. Both of them are borderline unreadable in skilled hands. The fact you don't know this yet pretty much makes everything else you wrote irrelevant, not to mention the sword boner.

Not trying to be a complete asshole but seriously man if you don't know whats actually broken at high levels then the balance suggestions are basically as good as piss in the wind. Baxe isn't bad by any means but its pretty much overshadowed by the messer or war axe rn, which both perform similarly at a cheaper price, and is not all that common in higher levels.

Unreadable in skilled hands.. meanwhile the Battle Axe and pretty much every polearm is difficult to read even in mediocre hands.

I'd love to see some youtube videos of Diamon/Elite fights where the opponent uses a longsword or greatsword. I haven't found any. Even the Estoc was more common. If you know one, please link it.

Knight 7759 14276
  • 23 Sep
 ToLazy4Name

Stouty has a full video of him getting to Elite V and he mainly uses bastard sword and eveningstar. Giru streamed himself getting to Elite V a few times and he uses longsword frequently if I remember correctly.

124 44
  • 23 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

@ToLazy4Name said:
Stouty has a full video of him getting to Elite V and he mainly uses bastard sword and eveningstar. Giru streamed himself getting to Elite V a few times and he uses longsword frequently if I remember correctly.

Lol, Stouty actually uses the Battle Axe most of the time, it's his "go-to" weapon when he is behind on points. Bastard sword is a disgusting combination of a Longsword and Rapier, and for some odd reason it has better stamina stats than the Longsword. I agree it's a very good weapon and I know it's often used.

Never seen Giru.

Knight 7759 14276
  • 23 Sep
 ToLazy4Name

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Lol, Stouty actually uses the Battle Axe most of the time, it's his "go-to" weapon when he is behind on points.

motherfucker he literally has a video showing himself getting to the top of the rankings and you still insist on being stupid holy fuck

47 14

Everytime I considered switching from longsword to something like war axe some pro shows me the light and kicks my ass with longsword.

I hit diamond recently with longsword, it can definitely hang.

You might just enjoy Gold fights more because you win those more often. Maybe you've landed around your expected rank level?

50 42
  • 23 Sep
 Kashi

The B axe is good no doubt but it isnt the best , all it really has on other weapons of similar point cost is timing changes

Longsword messer, waraxe great sword and even the poleaxe see more use than the battle axe from my climb to diamond

The B axe is fun for an ungabunga playstyle but its definitely not the best in the game

124 44

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Lol, Stouty actually uses the Battle Axe most of the time, it's his "go-to" weapon when he is behind on points.

motherfucker he literally has a video showing himself getting to the top of the rankings and you still insist on being stupid holy fuck

Not sure if you actually watched the video but he never uses a Longsword, greatsword or whatever, nor do his opponents. Only Eveningstar and Bastard Sword, both extremely strong dueling weapons.

I was confused with another streamer/youtuber, Proxolol. Battle Axe is his go-to weapon, he picks other weapons for entertainment purposes but when he's behind on points he immediately switches back.

"Okay I'm gonna go battle axe" you hear this every few minutes when he gets his ass kicked. He's in Elite ranked.

Knight 7759 14276
  • 23 Sep
 ToLazy4Name

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Not sure if you actually watched the video but he never uses a Longsword, greatsword or whatever, nor do his opponents. Only Eveningstar and Bastard Sword, both extremely strong dueling weapons.

THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT I SAID HE DOES

50 42
  • 23 Sep
 Kashi

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

BIIIIG Think
20190923_143934.jpg

124 44

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

So you post a video of a user using two other extremely powerful dueling weapons and nobody in the entire video using swords other than the OP Bastard Sword, what's your point? Everyone knows the Eveningstar alt mode stabs need a nerf and there is absolutely no reason why the Bastards Sword at 4 points should have better stamina stats than the Longsword. It's better in every way but reach and can be used with a shield! Wasn't the Eveningstar banned from a dueling contest a while back because it was just too OP with 2 quick stabs to kill regardless of armor?

91 94
  • 25 Sep
 The Bird

The Bird is stuck in Plat IV. The Bird does not blame mechanics on this status, rather seeks to improve skills so as to advance.
If one is repeatedly being slaughtered with an axe, one should either practice reading axes, and/or utilize an axe himself. This is sage, Birdular wisdom.

Bird

Pekt

50 42
  • 26 Sep
 Kashi

@The Bird said:
The Bird is stuck in Plat IV. The Bird does not blame mechanics on this status, rather seeks to improve skills so as to advance.
If one is repeatedly being slaughtered with an axe, one should either practice reading axes, and/or utilize an axe himself. This is sage, Birdular wisdom.

Bird

Pekt

The bird has spoken

91 94
  • 26 Sep
 The Bird

@Kashi said:

@The Bird said:

Bird

Pekt

The bird has spoken

BAWK BAWK!

104 86
  • 26 Sep
 Cracksmith

@Breidr said:

If you stopped playing the game, then quit complaining about it on the forum.

46 17
  • 26 Sep
 norshin

But I'm gold rank