Mordhau

Make Heater Shield Parry

1258 1937

So the main purpose of held block (holding to block all arrows) is moot on heater shield since arrows always seem to hit the legs or face. Also, kick stun, forced speed reduction and turncap renders heater shield a noob crutch as opposed to 1hander upgrade... the best looking, middle of the road shield should be practical in all situations regardless of skill level and not feel like a set of training wheels or a hindrance.

Buckler should be the mackdaddy of shields for dueling but Heater should be the go-to pair with any one hander in Frontline.

I propose giving heater a timed parry like targe/buckler. What would set it apart from buckler is that it gives less stam negation BUT some other kind of buff for one hander to fight better in 1vX and Frontline.

Said buff could be slightly longer active parry on riposte, since people always spam and trade hit one handers on FL. That would go a long way in 1vX fighting.

124 44
  • 15 Sep '19
 Tr0gledyte

Make all shields parry by default and make held block an "alt mode" for the Heater Shield and Kite Shield. Held block drains 5 stamina per second. This way it can be used reliably for protection from arrows, while at the same time being very stamina consuming for melee fights.

The Targe and Buckler should enable a shield bash. Shield bash replaces the regular kick and functions the same, but with 1 advantage, like more damage/stamina/hit area/whatever.

93 100
  • 16 Sep '19
 Xanith

I agree only bc I like parry shields gameplay wise but want a more "knightly" shield for aesthetics.

Targe is too primitive, cuckler is too modern and fancy, I need something medieval.

63 55
  • 16 Sep '19
 Kashi

@Xanith said:
I agree only bc I like parry shields gameplay wise but want a more "knightly" shield for aesthetics.

Targe is too primitive, cuckler is too modern and fancy, I need something medieval.

whats funny is the buckler has been around since the 1300s soooo it still medieval

93 100
  • 16 Sep '19
 Xanith

@Kashi said:

@Xanith said:

whats funny is the buckler has been around since the 1300s soooo it still medieval

it's still a puny civilized nobleman duelist shield

Knight 7768 14310
  • 16 Sep '19
 ToLazy4Name

REMOVE HELD BLOCK

63 55
  • 16 Sep '19
 Kashi

@ToLazy4Name said:
REMOVE HELD BLOCK
agree

if they dont wanna remove it how about have a hybrid system

a timed block that acts like a normal parry and if the block is held you take chip damage through your shield for badly timed blocks

the only way i can really thing held block being somewhat balanced