Mordhau

Dissapointment with invasion mode, it was overhyped and a letdown

154 98

I was expecting more in the way of seiges, weapon purchases on a table similar to horde but centralised in one area like a barracks, a player king at the end of each map defending players had to defend, in Invasion.

I don't mean to sound entitled, but Invasion is not very different to frontline or deathmatch, it was a bit overhyped for such a let down (nothing really new in terms of new interesting gameplay). Is a seige mode still planned with seige towers, destructable castles with catapults from the new UE 4.23 update, and player kings on the defending side on the last objective (glad to have that on grad but what about mountain peak, taiga and camp?)

32 34

Maps have to be designed with Invasion in mind, otherwise it's just Frontline with one side attacking and the other defending. Maybe it's gonna be better in the new maps, when they release them in 2050.

93 109

Well, I agree Invasion isn't the most fantastical thing.
But why would you expect any of that? There was no information from the team that it would have any such mechanics.

697 530
  • 15 Sep
 esturias

That happens when you force those gamemodes on maps that don't fit the purpose. But many of those invasion missions are just badly designed.

Anyway, that gamemode is a complete disappointment so far and boring as hell. And as long as it's not separated from frontline, I won't bother playing the game again...

Duke 545 903
  • 15 Sep
 Goatie

They need bigger epic, better designed maps and an atmospheric sound overhaul. Only that will make a big player mode fun and engaging.

1 1
  • 15 Sep
 greendream

Blue spawn on camp is like starting with the river already taken. Just bad all around.

154 98

@DefendinMyBase said:
But why would you expect any of that? There was no information from the team that it would have any such mechanics.

Actually that's wrong. Eastern Invasion was one of the stretch goals, and it specified castle seiges with trebuchets (not ballista) which have a 300m range.

Devs were talking about seige mode, and castle seiges, after players requested seige mode for ages.

Then invasion mode was released instead without those features.

35 27
  • 15 Sep
 BossNegro

My biggest disappointed with it is that there's no "warm up" when there should be.

Either it starts up too early or too late, defenders or attackers already got an unfair advantage.

Way to go, Triternion. I can see you guys never learned sports, else you'd know what sportsmanship is, which should apply to games, hence we got rules for games like UT2004.

124 42
  • 15 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

Objectives are too easy for the attackers. Matches are over quickly with lots of time to spare. It also feels dumb to be forcefully respawned along with 10 of your teammates just because the other team rescued the last hostage or something.

I haven't seen many matches where the defenders won.

Sellsword 694 2185
  • 16 Sep
 Goof

"Invasion" is not a new game mode as they claim it to be. It's literally just frontline but one team is specifically defend and the other attack.

Sure there may be some new objectives, but there's really nothing in invasion that sets it apart from frontline.

This is yet another bland and empty update. The only good thing that comes with it is the addition of SDK/Modding support which is HUGE.

What Triternion needs to do which will really help them in the future is to take some of those $$$'s they earned through sales and invest in a larger development team. Get some new ideas in there or something. From the outside, it only seems like the devteam is getting stagnant and running out of steam.

18 21
  • 16 Sep
 Breidr

This is most of what frustrates me about the game. I feel like I bought into falsely advertised "early access," The game could be great... eventually. Meanwhile it's been released and a lot of people have dipped out. They had one chance to make a good impression and they kind of squandered it.

But they made millions already, so who cares, right? That's just how the game industry seems to work nowadays. I just held out hope since this isn't a AAA studio.

18 21
  • 16 Sep
 Breidr

@Tr0gledyte said:
Objectives are too easy for the attackers. Matches are over quickly with lots of time to spare. It also feels dumb to be forcefully respawned along with 10 of your teammates just because the other team rescued the last hostage or something.

I haven't seen many matches where the defenders won.

I agree on most maps. Camp seems way too easy for attackers. On the flip side I've found a couple down right frustrating for the attackers. Filling the mine cart on Taiga is a nightmare experience. Depending on the players, killing the warden and king on Grad can also be frustrating.

This has just been my experience, YMMV. Either way, having frustrating gameplay for one side is never good, no matter who it is.

Knight 466 909
  • 16 Sep
 wierHL

@LetsFightíngLöve said:

@DefendinMyBase said:

Actually that's wrong. Eastern Invasion was one of the stretch goals, and it specified castle seiges with trebuchets (not ballista) which have a 300m range.

Devs were talking about seige mode, and castle seiges, after players requested seige mode for ages.

that stretch goal wasn't even reached

154 98

@wierHL said:

@LetsFightíngLöve said:

@DefendinMyBase said:

that stretch goal wasn't even reached

Doesn't matter. Triternion made millions of dollars from this game. If they don't see it through that those features are implemented eventually I'd consider their effort to be pretty bare bones and minimal considering all the recognition and money they got from game sales.

Not implementing these features is a sure fire way to ensure the death of the game when people get bored of playing the same mode with slight differences, I'm already getting bored and I will say this. Triternion, I am dissapoint.

Knight 254 691

The problem with invasion is that there is no map specifically designed for that mode. All of the other maps were either designed with frontline or free for all prior to its expansion to accommodate frontline like grad or duel camp.

154 98

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:
The problem with invasion is that there is no map specifically designed for that mode. All of the other maps were either designed with frontline or free for all prior to its expansion to accommodate frontline like grad or duel camp.

its just not on.

146 69
  • 19 Sep
 NoYou

Add a csgo style mode where you have to buy weapons as you go, like some other guy suggested before. Or a less clusterfucky frontline/invasion.

54 21
  • 19 Sep
 DEADSY

I like the fast respawning time though

75 80

@NoYou said:
Add a csgo style mode where you have to buy weapons as you go, like some other guy suggested before.

So loadouts can get fucked ?

Why add this to Invasion only ? Actually, what does this have to do with Invasion ?

Mercenary 1117 2037

30 dollar indie game by glorified mod team that is more polished than many AAA games and has no invasive microtransactions or p2w bullshit that has kept me playing for hundreds of hours despite some minor flaws - inhales -

BAD.