Mordhau

Vac check timed out.

4 0
  • 14 Sep
 hans

so, as the title says, i get that error when joining a game, i just bought the game, i only have 1 hour in it, verified the game integrity, and it still doesnt work

2 0
  • 15 Sep
 Rapunzel

I have the same problem

3 0
  • 15 Sep
 Gabro2303

i have the same problem

4 0
  • 15 Sep
 hans

@Sofia Lannister said:
You can read some solutions in here
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ilzv-2837

doesnt help at all... still same thing

34 32
  • 15 Sep
 Fred Dawes

Same problem here, except it also happens with Insurgency: Sandstorm. Only started in the last couple days.

4 0
  • 15 Sep
 hans

@Fred Dawes said:
Same problem here, except it also happens with Insurgency: Sandstorm. Only started in the last couple days.

same with csgo.. i made a ticket to steam about it too

35 13

@hans said:

@Fred Dawes said:

@Fred Dawes said:

tried starting steam as admin? unplug any usb except keyboard/mouse
check if steam client service is running in the task manager > services tab

34 32
  • 15 Sep
 Fred Dawes

@Sofia Lannister said:

@hans said:

@Fred Dawes said:

@Fred Dawes said:

tried starting steam as admin? unplug any usb except keyboard/mouse
check if steam client service is running in the task manager > services tab

Starting Steam as admin has no effect for me.

Steam Client Service is not running. Attempting to start it makes it close immediately upon starting.

34 32

Dev's solution from Discord (downloading and placing DLL worked for me):

@geach3d said:
If you are experiencing "VAC check timed out" issues. Please check this folder and make sure that you have this SteamService.dll. This has been missing for a few players with this error. To be clear, make sure that you are looking in the correct location for this file. It will not be in your steam install, but in a folder called "Steam" under a folder called "Common Files" under Program Files (x86). See the attached image. Additionally, if you do have this file, but are still experiencing this error, you can make sure the service is running via task manager under services. Credits to your fellow Discord user Chase, for discovering this!

steamservicedll[1].JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49N-8ddI8X8

Missing DLL:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/622130343734018058/622607816745549843/SteamService.dll

2 0
  • 1 Nov
 Sixx

if u have cc cleaner on ur computer remove it and restart steam, worked for me

1493 1577

I'm so fed up with people calling that program cc cleaner. It's just CCleaner.