Mordhau

How the fuck?

124 44

Landing a kick is tricky and if you miss a kick you lose like 20 stamina and your opponent gets a free chance to hit you. Shields are a tumor even with kicks.

I myself prefer jumping and stabbing turtles in the face.

I don't understand why they don't just remove held block and simply buff the parrying capacity with all shields.
Alternatively, they can keep held block but it should drain at least 5 stamina per second, on top of the stamina drain when you block. Held block is so ez-mode that it should have serious downsides.

1550 1617

Shields need held blocks against projectiles. They would need to treat melee and ranged attacks differently with shields and decided against it.

124 44
  • 16 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

@SWSeriousMike said:
Shields need held blocks against projectiles. They would need to treat melee and ranged attacks differently with shields and decided against it.

Stamina drain for held block works vs arrows just fine but is tiresome for melee, where parrying should be used.

Sounds good to me.

1154 1807

@SWSeriousMike said:

I completely agree BUT I've pretty much given up hope. We may as well remove held parry altogether, like I could trust Crush to pudding pudding around with held parry shield balance.

The greatest irony though, is that held block, even on kite, is effectively useless against determined archers since the massive parry box only works against melee but requires accuracy when facing projectiles. Imagine a world where shields had a forcefield against projectiles but required accuracy against melee...

50 42
  • 16 Sep
 Kashi

Tbh shields need a bit of an overhaul

IMO I would have shields have more of an active guard when held where you can more freely move the whole shield around your body before your body moves itself (ie kindof like a floating block that let's you angle she shield itself) and buff the block vs projectiles so they can be an effective tool to push archers

Vs melee there should be a two stage block

The first stage acts like a normal parry , you get full stamina drain negation of the shield and are able to riposte after the attack , but if you hold the shield and have a poorly timed block your stamina drain negation is halved and cant riposte (think of it as light block stun and heavy blockstun)

This could help balance shields and also ease new players by encouraging well timed blocks instead of just holding it and only dropping it when they feel a kick coming

312 244
  • 17 Sep
 LoPan

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

I completely agree BUT I've pretty much given up hope. We may as well remove held parry altogether, like I could trust Crush to pudding pudding around with held parry shield balance.

The greatest irony though, is that held block, even on kite, is effectively useless against determined archers since the massive parry box only works against melee but requires accuracy when facing projectiles. Imagine a world where shields had a forcefield against projectiles but required accuracy against melee...

Pudding pudding around?