Mordhau

Stuck at "Preparing to download mods"

Knight 6 13
  • 12 Sep '19
 .Ƹx._P.

After this last update, I've subscribed my server to some mods on mod.io, the problem is some people, including me have been having this problem when connecting to the server we get stuck at the "Preparing to download mods" screen.
I've tried to connect to the server via "open ip" command and tried to wait for some time but nothing happens.

1 1

mord.png this is a infinite downloading screen and idk how 2 fix it. help pls(((

61 19
  • 13 Sep '19
 SofiaLannister

From soccermom in discord:
**For all the people with problems downloading mods you can try a couple different things. (Maybe an official dev can chime in and tell me how wrong I am but this is my own troubleshooting that I got to work, i'm not a dev just a community admin, so its at your own risk! Reinstall or validate Mordhau if you break it. It also might just be your internet and that you have to wait, but the files themselves arent very big)

A. You can try deleting the mods using the UI in mordhau by clicking on the gear icon and going to 'Manage Mods' - uninstall mods there by clicking on the mod and selecting uninstall
B. Do the advanced stuff below:

TL:DR w/ lots of bandwidth: Delete your .modio folder found in your Mordhau installation, it will recreate when relaunching Mordhau and will redownload all maps

Your custom maps are downloaded to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Content.modio\mods
The individual map folders are stored in the mods folder. You can see the mapname by looking at the name of the PAK files

Each time you try something you should relaunch Mordhau and see if you can connect:

1. Delete the AUTHENTICATION.json file (this worked the best for me)
    -It looks like Mordhau is creating a modio authentication each time it goes out and grabs maps and I thought that maybe the key was expiring so I killed it first and it worked.
  2. Delete the cache and the cache.json (i dont think this actually does anything)
  3. Delete the entire .modio folder (this requires you to redownload all maps. (fast to do but gotta redownload all maps)
  4. Delete the one "bad" map file out of the mods folder (this didnt work for me)

If you accidentally delete something, pull it out of your trashcan OR just re-validate your installation on Steam for Mordhau**

1 2

Just fixed the issue for myself, steam>steamapps>common>mordhau>mordhau>content>.modio>mods. Find which folder contains the map you're trying to connect to, delete it and it will re download immediately and work.

All the best

6 3
  • 14 Sep '19
 NightmareBlade10

To anyone having this issue I think I fixed it by changing the .modio and mods folder from read-only. (Where it's located:(D:\Install Locations\Steam\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Content.modio\mods) Now my only issue is that it's taking way too long to download anything.

34 25
  • 15 Sep '19
 Fleecer

@Sofia Lannister said:
From soccermom in discord:
**For all the people with problems downloading mods you can try a couple different things. (Maybe an official dev can chime in and tell me how wrong I am but this is my own troubleshooting that I got to work, i'm not a dev just a community admin, so its at your own risk! Reinstall or validate Mordhau if you break it. It also might just be your internet and that you have to wait, but the files themselves arent very big)

A. You can try deleting the mods using the UI in mordhau by clicking on the gear icon and going to 'Manage Mods' - uninstall mods there by clicking on the mod and selecting uninstall
B. Do the advanced stuff below:

TL:DR w/ lots of bandwidth: Delete your .modio folder found in your Mordhau installation, it will recreate when relaunching Mordhau and will redownload all maps

Your custom maps are downloaded to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Content.modio\mods
The individual map folders are stored in the mods folder. You can see the mapname by looking at the name of the PAK files

Each time you try something you should relaunch Mordhau and see if you can connect:

1. Delete the AUTHENTICATION.json file (this worked the best for me)
    -It looks like Mordhau is creating a modio authentication each time it goes out and grabs maps and I thought that maybe the key was expiring so I killed it first and it worked.
  2. Delete the cache and the cache.json (i dont think this actually does anything)
  3. Delete the entire .modio folder (this requires you to redownload all maps. (fast to do but gotta redownload all maps)
  4. Delete the one "bad" map file out of the mods folder (this didnt work for me)

If you accidentally delete something, pull it out of your trashcan OR just re-validate your installation on Steam for Mordhau**

Thx, getting rid of that AUTHENTICATION.json worked for me

34 25
  • 15 Sep '19
 Fleecer

Also under the setting menu there’s a mod manager which allows us to uninstall the mod.

Sellsword 792 2352
  • 16 Sep '19
 Goof

How about Triternion adds Steam Workshop support instead of this pathetic third-party crap lmao

1 2
  • 23 Nov '19
 Rex

Hey, im currently having massive issues when trying to join custom maps.
There is just an infinite screen stating "preparing for download".
I have absolutely no clue what the problem is since everything worked just fine until out of nowhere this stuff appeared.
Its really annyoing not being able to play on custom maps and i have already tried every single solution posted above.

2 1
  • 22 Dec '19
 HimynameisMarcus

tried
-deleting AUTHENTICATION.json
-cache(both)
-deleted mods ingame
-verifying files

none worked for me

1 0
  • 23 Apr
 Suncrow

This worked for me :

• close the game
  • check the files inside the cache folder
  • find the name of the mod(s) in these files
  • go to the mod.io site and unsubscribe from the mod(s) in the cache
  • open the game again, and try connecting to the server
  • the game should redownload the faulty mod(s)
3 2
  • 8 May
 Chili

Yeah.. im having same issue. none of the above mentioned "fix" my issue o.O

4 2
  • 17 Jun
 Voxula

If your stuck with "Preparing to download mods" or "Installing mods" This is how you fix it.

Uninstall all mods in "manage mods", delete the Modio folder. ( Steamapps/common/Mordhau/Mordhau/Content/modio)
Then follow up with this one, "Clear download cache

Make sure you set "Always allow background downlods" in Steam.
Library > right click on Mordhau > Properties > Updates > Background downloads, set it to: "Always allow background downloads".

Cheers
Voxula

2 0
  • 25 Jun
 headies

@Voxula said:
If your stuck with "Preparing to download mods" or "Installing mods" This is how you fix it.

Uninstall all mods in "manage mods", delete the Modio folder. ( Steamapps/common/Mordhau/Mordhau/Content/modio)
Then follow up with this one, "Clear download cache

Make sure you set "Always allow background downlods" in Steam.
Library > right click on Mordhau > Properties > Updates > Background downloads, set it to: "Always allow background downloads".

Cheers
Voxula

This worked!!!

Everyone listen to this person ^^^^^