Mordhau

Special mercenaries in Invasion/Frontline for losing teams

4 4

If a team is losing heavily they get reinforced by special mercenaries (a few players selected randomly) that have unique attributes, they would have more health/stamina, damage resistance.. etc, and some of them would have an aura that gives buffs to nearby teammates.

The buff special mercenaries could have a special item to distinguish them such as flags strapped to their back/shoulder area, while the non-buff special mercenaries would have a unique armor tint like gold or maybe a bigger size like the Commander in Grad.

A war horn would signal the arrival of the special mercenaries, similar to the one that signals Trebuchet attacks in Camp.

(The current idea is to let the developers design the loadouts for them, but this can be changed if necessary)

Mercenary 84 107
  • 10 Sep
 VCliff

Honestly there should be an enforced / voluntary Autobalance with some compensation / incentive to stay in the match, say +200 Gold for getting Autobalanced and +400 if you pull your new team trough.

I like you idea though, it would add some flair to the otherwise sometimes pretty stale matches.

Some Invasion Maps also still need tweaks from my limited experience (Camp), but otherwise the new Mode is shaping up to be really good.

71 49
  • 11 Sep
  Seymour

If autobalance is fast to respond to any balance issues, and actually works, I would be down for it. As for the special mercenaries idea, I think the best way to balance the Invasion maps is to adjust the amount of time the attackers get to capture each objective. Instead of just guessing, why not use statistics gathered over a few weeks to find the average time.