Mordhau

Separate Invasion from Frontline

21 20

Hi,

I like the fact that the modding is on its way and that we already have a new way of playing: the Invasion.

However. It is not a good idea to mix INV maps together with FL on a single server.

Game mode is really something that you have in your current mindset when launching the game. Having to constantly switching servers in order to avoid the game mode you don't like is terrible. I launched the game 1h ago and so far I feel like I spend more time waiting to join servers than playing the game. It is frustrating when you have to look for a new server with a low ping every second game, as people vote for the game mode...

For the first time since I bought Mordhau, after 364h online, I fear that I won't be able to enjoy the game anymore. I really hope the game mode will be separated ASAP.

Cheers

101 47
  • 10 Sep
 CarnifeX

@elgcahlxukuth666 said:
Hi,

I like the fact that the modding is on its way and that we already have a new way of playing: the Invasion.

However. It is not a good idea to mix INV maps together with FL on a single server.

Game mode is really something that you have in your current mindset when launching the game. Having to constantly switching servers in order to avoid the game mode you don't like is terrible. I launched the game 1h ago and so far I feel like I spend more time waiting to join servers than playing the game. It is frustrating when you have to look for a new server with a low ping every second game, as people vote for the game mode...

For the first time since I bought Mordhau, after 364h online, I fear that I won't be able to enjoy the game anymore. I really hope the game mode will be separated ASAP.

Cheers

This.

604 475
  • 11 Sep
 esturias

Should be separate, indeed - at least as long as the Invasion matches are that laggy...

106 124

@esturias said:
Should be separate, indeed - at least as long as the Invasion matches are that laggy...

After seeing this same reply in every Invasion thread I do believe we're all 100% aware of your stance, no need to keep bringing it up.

7 1
  • 11 Sep
 AquaArmor

100% Agree, absolutely no reason Frontline and Invasion can't become two separate game modes that can be enjoyed equally.

118 63

I think it will be bad in the long run.

One of the modes(fl & invasion) will die due to lack of players and the players who prefer that mode will leave with its death.

Seems like a good way to whittle down the community further.

Count 21 12
  • 12 Sep
 Jaw

They need to make a poll for the community to vote for what they'd rather, Frontline or Invasion. Once invasion has been worked on more and on all maps including yet to be released ones

21 20

@bobbydigital said:

One of the modes(fl & invasion) will die due to lack of players and the players who prefer that mode will leave with its death.

I see your point.
On the other hand: what if people are already leaving because it is not possible to play few matches at a row in their faviurite game mode?

I believe the number of servers providing one game mode or another will adjust itself to the amount of players who connect...

118 63

@elgcahlxukuth666 said:

@bobbydigital said:

I see your point.
On the other hand: what if people are already leaving because it is not possible to play few matches at a row in their faviurite game mode?

I believe the number of servers providing one game mode or another will adjust itself to the amount of players who connect...

I'm sure a lot of people already left this game due to the state of balance in frontline anyway, adding another mode, well it needs to be different and currently invasion and frontline are pretty much the same experience.

The devs just need to do one mode and do it good.
I guess they are giving up on frontline now though, which I don't mind, as long as they do invasion well.

The issue for me is bad map design, so invasion might be saved by mod support and the community.

Militia 44 48
  • 13 Sep
 Sareth

This needs to happen.
I'm starting to grow really tired of back-to-back invasions.
Let me bloody play some of the OTHER maps, too!

942 292

id love to only play Invasion

21 20

@bobbydigital said:
(...) currently invasion and frontline are pretty much the same experience.

I felt the same at the beginning, but after few days of play I now know, that my play-style is just different in Invasion than in Frontline. Playing different modes feels a bit different.

Also, I noticed something. Previously, when there was only one game mode, the number of people being logged in on given server was constant. I mean I could play like 5-10 matches at row and could see the same people on the scoreboard. Now, I can see relatively lot of people disconnecting when the game mode gets changed due to map vote. This is noticeable, because it takes few moments for the server to gain the full 64 players back.
So I guess it's not only my approach to stick to one game mode in one evening.