Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #11 Released

Knight 15 14
  • 13 Sep '19
 Fëanor

Same my audio is broken after the patch, same problem.

160 90
  • 13 Sep '19

@Fëanor said:
Same my audio is broken after the patch, same problem.

Real men don’t need audio

93 109
  • 15 Sep '19
 DefendinMyBase

Footsteps are still nonexistent. And horse audio is still a mix between 100m away and vaguely 30m away, there's no audio level difference between a horse 30m from you and 10m from you.

46 17
  • 16 Sep '19
 norshin

Where mappie? You said it's coming very soon.

160 90
  • 16 Sep '19

@norshin said:
Where mappie? You said it's coming very soon.

Yeah where’s the twelfth patchie?

124 45
  • 16 Sep '19
 Tr0gledyte

@DefendinMyBase said:
Footsteps are still nonexistent. And horse audio is still a mix between 100m away and vaguely 30m away, there's no audio level difference between a horse 30m from you and 10m from you.

Another problem: by the time you can hear a horse and turn to face it, it's too late to attack the rider, especially with the faster horses. Your only move is to parry/get out of the way. Starting an attack will get you killed. If he knocks you down with a couched spear he has the time to stop and stab you to death.

Horses should be audible from a longer distance imo. Especially since we have these weird scenarios of lone riders with spears riding behind enemy lines, picking off people that can't react in time.

Or maybe it's just me.. but as a horse rider, the only people who are a threat to me are the ones that see me coming and/or deliberately try to hunt me down. Anyone else is an easy target and will parry at best.

1430 2175

@Tr0gledyte said:

@DefendinMyBase said:

Another problem: by the time you can hear a horse and turn to face it, it's too late to attack the rider, especially with the faster horses. Your only move is to parry/get out of the way. Starting an attack will get you killed. If he knocks you down with a couched spear he has the time to stop and stab you to death.

Horses should be audible from a longer distance imo. Especially since we have these weird scenarios of lone riders with spears riding behind enemy lines, picking off people that can't react in time.

Or maybe it's just me.. but as a horse rider, the only people who are a threat to me are the ones that see me coming and/or deliberately try to hunt me down. Anyone else is an easy target and will parry at best.

Don't you find it disturbing though, that people DO now actively hunt down horsemen? And not with billhooks? Yes I agree, horses need to be audible from longer distances. But every day I despise the bonus damage against horsemen more and more.

Yesterday I one shot a passing knight with a warhammer. Dude spent points on T3 and got on a horse thinking it would be a powerup just to get one shot by a two point weapon.

People now actively hunt horse riders with messers, baxe, exec, zwei and any polearm. They actually have the advantage over any horseman. They can dodge and drag out their swing while the horse can only go in a straight line. They can also parry while horses cannot parry reliably. I take pride in using longsword from horseback as opposed to spear, halberd, zwei etc etc. Even if I did use spear/zwei/halberd from horse, they would have the advantage if they knew I was coming and/or had friends who also knew.

Life is miserable now with bonus damage. People who don't even know I'm coming will accidentally one shot me as I pass by.

The worst are spear infantry. Because they will one shot you even after you passed by them and then they'll steal the horse and be very difficult to kill afterwards. No one really uses the horses that often unless they have a spear, only viable horse weapon now. I don't see alot of billhooks anymore either, why dismount a horse when most weapons will one shot them anyways.

93 109
210 348
  • 17 Sep '19
 Shitscrubber64

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@DefendinMyBase said:

Don't you find it disturbing though, that people DO now actively hunt down horsemen? And not with billhooks? Yes I agree, horses need to be audible from longer distances. But every day I despise the bonus damage against horsemen more and more.

Yesterday I one shot a passing knight with a warhammer. Dude spent points on T3 and got on a horse thinking it would be a powerup just to get one shot by a two point weapon.

People now actively hunt horse riders with messers, baxe, exec, zwei and any polearm. They actually have the advantage over any horseman. They can dodge and drag out their swing while the horse can only go in a straight line. They can also parry while horses cannot parry reliably. I take pride in using longsword from horseback as opposed to spear, halberd, zwei etc etc. Even if I did use spear/zwei/halberd from horse, they would have the advantage if they knew I was coming and/or had friends who also knew.

Life is miserable now with bonus damage. People who don't even know I'm coming will accidentally one shot me as I pass by.

The worst are spear infantry. Because they will one shot you even after you passed by them and then they'll steal the horse and be very difficult to kill afterwards. No one really uses the horses that often unless they have a spear, only viable horse weapon now. I don't see alot of billhooks anymore either, why dismount a horse when most weapons will one shot them anyways.

Don't you dare. Don't you even dare suggest those were bad changes.

1430 2175

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@DefendinMyBase said:

Don't you dare. Don't you even dare suggest those were bad changes.

Are horses supposed to be powerups or targets? Horsemen are quite literally getting chased around the map. Before only billhook infantry would be so bold and that was fair but now literally even messer/baxe knights will chase horsemen. CHASE horsemen.

Anyone with 150+ hours could lean back, one shot stab a passing horseman. Armor on a horse often feels pointless except against archery.

Fuck, even cleaver rats will join in. Bonus damage against horsemen simply made most weapons unviable from horseback and made spear the only safe weapon. So spear horsemen still dominate infantry but any other weapon from horse is a meme.

I bet you still whine about getting run down by cavalry despite them now being one shot by even 2 point weapons.

160 90
  • 17 Sep '19

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Where’s my feitoria patchie?

124 45
  • 17 Sep '19
 Tr0gledyte

I love riding a horse with a Cleaver. Feels so dirty to just circle around a group of enemies, chopping off heads.

Ofc it only lasts for 5 seconds but I can get a good 1-3 kills!

210 348
  • 17 Sep '19
 Shitscrubber64

Horsemen are quite literally getting chased around the map. Before only billhook infantry would be so bold and that was fair but now literally even messer/baxe knights will chase horsemen. CHASE horsemen.

And they'll keep on chasing them because horses are faster than men. You keep consciously glaring over this simple fact in your post but I won't. They're fast when they need to be, and when slowing down can still capture most objectives. So bar archery, the horse rider has 100% initiative at any given time. You choose the fights you participate in. Infantry may be able to one-shot you, but you can do the same to them - and you're the one who determines who, where and when to engage.

I bet you still whine about getting run down by cavalry despite them now being one shot by even 2 point weapons.

I don't, no. The only reason I can think of for you to resort to hostility is because you know you're in the vast minority here, you apparently just haven't figured out there's a good reason for that.

Horses are still mobile and deal high damage. They're just no longer an unkillable nuisance for everyone who doesn't play Billhook. I've learnt a long time ago to expect game communities to have a "Grass Is Always Greener" approach to patches, always requesting changes and then looking back with regret when they actually change things.

But to look back and actually suggest that the immortal, flow-breaking, frustrating, skill-less and downright broken horses from a few patches ago were better for the game than what we have now? No, that's not sentimental any more. That's straight up dementia.

1430 2175

@Shitscrubber64 said:

Horsemen are quite literally getting chased around the map. Before only billhook infantry would be so bold and that was fair but now literally even messer/baxe knights will chase horsemen. CHASE horsemen.

And they'll keep on chasing them because horses are faster than men. You keep consciously glaring over this simple fact in your post but I won't. They're fast when they need to be, and when slowing down can still capture most objectives. So bar archery, the horse rider has 100% initiative at any given time. You choose the fights you participate in. Infantry may be able to one-shot you, but you can do the same to them - and you're the one who determines who, where and when to engage.

I don't, no. The only reason I can think of for you to resort to hostility is because you know you're in the vast minority here, you apparently just haven't figured out there's a good reason for that.

Horses are still mobile and deal high damage. They're just no longer an unkillable nuisance for everyone who doesn't play Billhook. I've learnt a long time ago to expect game communities to have a "Grass Is Always Greener" approach to patches, always requesting changes and then looking back with regret when they actually change things.

But to look back and actually suggest that the immortal, flow-breaking, frustrating, skill-less and downright broken horses from a few patches ago were better for the game than what we have now? No, that's not sentimental any more. That's straight up dementia.

Most horse nerfs were welcome. Bonus damage against horsmen, something the devs promised would never be on the table, was added and now playing horse with anything shorter than lance is a meme. On invasion the battles pretty focused... so no you don't really have a choice when and where to engage people. Hell, on Camp, the ballista/catapult are often sealed off by Out of Bounds kill aura, so cavalry can't even engage in the counter-artillery role.

Speed being glared over? Speed is what gets you killed even when you're racing away and a halberd/spear catches your back and one shots you. Oh running away is an advantage? Horses were touted as powerups, not the pussy footing, spear sniping harassment machines they're being tweaked into currently. There's a reason the horses are almost always unused this patch... Killing cavalry takes less skill than cavalry fighting semi-decent and alert infantry. Infantry get to lean back, crouch, drag out their swing while dodging and can parry reliably. Horsemen get to run away if they see someone waiting for them?

This morning my own team mate accidentally one shot me with his maul while I was racing by.

1697 1292
  • 17 Sep '19
 esturias

Are horses supposed to be powerups or targets? Horsemen are quite literally getting chased around the map. Before only billhook infantry would be so bold and that was fair but now literally even messer/baxe knights will chase horsemen. CHASE horsemen.

I have to admit that I don't like the changes too much and only appreciate them because they changed something, but you make it sound as if every stone thrown after a horse makes it explode...

They still dominate the battlefields and riders can still rack up lots of kills. They just can't farm and pad that easily anymore. And that's good.

1430 2175

They still dominate... with a spear. Anything shorter is asking to get cut in half by a gust of wind.

1 1

Alright, I dunno if anyone else is having this problem but all my shit just got wiped, my gold, level, rank, items, classes, and I also can't join servers. I've done the basic things to try fix it like restarting the game, my computer and verifying game cache. If anyone knows a fix to this that'd be highly appreciated as I can't do anything as of now.

1 0
  • 18 Sep '19
 NIOKLEDEON

I and a few of my friends have the same thing

1 0
  • 18 Sep '19
 McWhitey

Game is broke!...plz fix!

298 144
  • 18 Sep '19
 CarnifeX

Ok Guys,
we need a Hotfix, the Game completely broke now since the last Night.

Most if not all Players lose their Progress,
after they get the "Please Wait..." Message (for several Minutes waiting...) at the Start of the Game.

Everything started over Night, when we cant spawn anymore and got kicked after some Seconds with:
Kicked from server "Timed out while waiting for the inventory"

I noticed we had a Steam-Update right in this Situation,
so i would assume, this has something to do with it.

Because the losing of Progress happened after Steam Update,
and the "Timed out while waiting for the inventory" just didnt let us Spawn and kicked us out of Lobbys before.

I would suggest, that everyone who isnt able to play anymore with Inventory Time-Out,
shouldnt start the Game anymore, after they updated the Steam Client,
UNTIL the Devs gives us a Hotfix.
Because otherwise you could lose all of your Progress.

EDIT:

@Void said:
Steam maintenance caused the problem.

There was 2 announcements in discord.

"It appears that the regular steam maintenance is either still in progress or has affected our backend in some way. We apologize for this interruption and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. Thanks."

"During this time, if you encounter the "please wait" inventory screen for more then 30 seconds or so, we advise that you close down the game and try again later. Waiting on it, may incur some inventory conflicts. Thanks"