Mordhau

Remove passive regen NOW

Knight 26 21
  • 8 Sep
 ExecuDoge

Guys seriously, we need to remove passive health regeneration altogether.

Biggest issue with morhau is that it is very focused on a two handed wep play style which essentially means alternative play styles are weak in comparison. (balance is very skewed in this direction)
My simple solution to making mordhau more fun is to increase the stakes and remove passive health regen.

(This perspective is gained from playing mostly FL)
Mordhau lacks roles to fill, everyone gets funneled into playing two handed wep with armour because everything else is weak and nonviable/meme.
Removing passive health regeneration:
-Medic classes are now important to keeping a team pushing; rather than just a bonus.
-Archers matter because their shit dmg actually means something if it sticks and makes people find health before re-engaging.
-Stepping back from a fight doesn't guarantee you health, you need to find a medpack, can't just bail out cause you are losing a fight. Can't just hide for 4 sec to be full health again, pussy.
-This makes teamwork actually matter, players relying on each other; FL needs this really badly otherwise it gets boring and very samey.

Giving people more defined roles to fill is better game design, please consider my proposal. Variation/variety is king in Morhau, so let play style mimic that as well please.

I really want this game to be great, please devs.
P.S hire someone for sound design as well.

Let me know what you think. I welcome criticism.

312 244
Knight 26 21
  • 8 Sep
 ExecuDoge

@LoPan said:
Nah

well thought out criticism LoPan, obviously high IQ, thanks man

312 244
 LoPan

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:
Nah

Thanks for acknowledging my impressive IQ. I figured it might be hard to gauge based on my one word answer.

You’re welcome for that btw.

But just for shits, it would really annoy the dueling/skrimming community. Frontline is the casual draw in.

312 244
  • 8 Sep
 LoPan

@LoPan said:

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:
Nah

Thanks for acknowledging my impressive IQ. I figured it might be hard to gauge based on my one word answer.

But just for shits, it would really annoy the dueling/skrimming community. Frontline is the casual draw in.

How many hours do you have in game?

529 280

@LoPan said:

@LoPan said:

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:
Nah

So just have it for frontline, and tdm? I don't get why frontline is the casual draw, frontline is ACTUAL FUCKING BATTLES, and it's probably harder, I don't understand duel elitists, want to prove to me you are good at the game? form a 20 man fucking clan and dominate every frontline game, now you are talking real skill, strategy, leadership, etc.

113 80

@Christian2222 said:

So just have it for frontline, and tdm? I don't get why frontline is the casual draw, frontline is ACTUAL FUCKING BATTLES, and it's probably harder, I don't understand duel elitists, want to prove to me you are good at the game? form a 20 man fucking clan and dominate every frontline game, now you are talking real skill, strategy, leadership, etc.

I really don't think Frontline should be taken into any judgment of skill, unless everyone on both teams is a good player. In the regular FL match you have all sorts of RPers and generally bad players, and elements such as horses and Siege that I think amplify these factors.
I think that's why most Comp matches I see are Skirmishes.

312 244
 LoPan

@Christian2222 said:

@LoPan said:

@LoPan said:

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:
Nah

I don’t need 20 of my clan buddies. We dominated 4 games two nights ago for shits w just 5 of us. All top score. Carried. What else you got? Frontline is ez. Bunches horse lancers killing rando ppl all over the map not helping their team and scrubs hitting people in the back getting 5v1. Now 1vs2/3 ppl solo after your mates die in a scrim and I’ll tell you your not casual.

Although a 25vs25 frontline w two full clan teams sounds like a good time.

3 1
  • 9 Sep
 nico-vega

Clearly hasn't seen a man use a rapier and a sheild to destroy the enemy team

Sellsword 31 28

@ExecuDoge said:

Biggest issue with morhau is that it is very focused on a two handed wep play style which essentially means alternative play styles are weak in comparison. (balance is very skewed in this direction)

one-handers are really strong in duels...

Knight 26 21
  • 9 Sep
 ExecuDoge

@LoPan said:

@LoPan said:

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:
Nah

200 or so, plus 1000 in chiv. definitely not a hardcore player and don't really have any interest in ranked duels etc. my perspective is very much from playing FL and looking towards invasion mode. I get that no regen in dueling would be annoying but I'm trying to think of ways to make different play styles more interesting for the main mode. They all feel rather neglected tbh.

Knight 26 21
  • 9 Sep
 ExecuDoge

@nico-vega said:
Clearly hasn't seen a man use a rapier and a sheild to destroy the enemy team

I'll concede that, I suppose I'm more talking about the roles around combat -> engineer, archer, medic, anti-structure

I wouldn't exactly call shields good atm though

Knight 26 21
  • 9 Sep
 ExecuDoge

@LoPan said:

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:
Nah

so the game should only cater to that small group of people? why not try make the main game mode more interesting? even if it is just for the lowly 'casual' players.

at the very least they should make regen much worse

Sellsword 31 28

Regen in ranked duels is cancer

957 306

Frontline is pretty Casual thats why i like it

45 26
  • 9 Sep
 Wilkham

So you want to make the already frustrating and difficult combat system even more hardcore by adding a stupid mechanic ?
This game have already less than 4000 Players !
I literally encounter the same people everyday, this has been like 3 days since I ever saw someone I never met before.
And you want to make the game even more difficult ? You guys really want all the casuals players to leave...

I'm not a casual and I've five hundred of hours into this game. Don't need that.

Knight 2266 4081
  • 9 Sep
 Runagate

I think regen has no place in ranked duels but it's completely okay for frontline.

312 244
  • 9 Sep
 LoPan

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:

@LoPan said:

@ExecuDoge said:

@LoPan said:
Nah

200 or so, plus 1000 in chiv. definitely not a hardcore player and don't really have any interest in ranked duels etc. my perspective is very much from playing FL and looking towards invasion mode. I get that no regen in dueling would be annoying but I'm trying to think of ways to make different play styles more interesting for the main mode. They all feel rather neglected tbh.

If they could remove passive regen in just frontline or certain modes and buff medics to a degree I could see how that could make teamplay a little more critical.

201 402
  • 9 Sep
 serbish

a fair comprimise might be to allow a gradual max health damage which only bandages or first aid can restore. always up for more emphasis on teamwork and roles.

but also considering how quickly people die in this game, would it really change anything? i dunno.

there is also the discussion on debuffs in exchange for certain abilities like faster stamina regen or more loadout points. I think they should definitely explore these options.