Mordhau

1st or 3rd

49 20
 DEADSY

1st Person or 3rd Person

I'm having extreme difficulty committing to either view in establishing my gameplay.
It's driving me insane.

1st = I can read opponent animations better, especially stabs, and react appropriately. Better sense of weapon range.

3rd = maybe I can see a little more around me...and subsequently, I can be a spaz and run circles around my opponents in duels more.

Since launch I was terrible, then switched to 3rd person and got better instantly. Now, I'm struggling and I switched to 1st person and got better instantly.

Arrrrg!

310 239
  • 8 Sep
 LoPan

1st. Again :)

49 20
  • 8 Sep
 DEADSY

Wish I could delete this thread.

And start one about the "HELP ME!!" guy on FL last nite screaming that for 2 hours.
I shit you not...dude ran around with come at me emote and HELP ME and that's all he did.

THUS, where in THE FUCK is our universal mute button. I want one

49 20
  • 8 Sep
 DEADSY

Lopan, I command you to start a Universal Mute Button thread.
You can do it.

It's all in the reflexes.

310 239
  • 8 Sep
 LoPan

@DEADSY said:
Lopan, I command you to start a Universal Mute Button thread.
You can do it.

It's all in the reflexes.

You know, I would. But I fully support what that guy was doing 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

102 42
  • 8 Sep
 NoYou

I find it much easier to manipulate attacks in third because in first person I usually over-drag and end up missing the attack completely. First person is just a lot more fun though.

529 278

I play mostly in 3rd, but man does it fuck up my range reading, and animation reads =/. plus it's harder to tell when your animations reset for a parry, and harder to aim parry, etc.

1rst person players don't know the struggles, and just assume 3rd is OP but don't use it XD

Take one of these elitists who have like 400+ hours in 1rst person and watch them struggle with 3rd person.

310 239
  • 9 Sep
 LoPan

@Christian2222 said:
I play mostly in 3rd, but man does it fuck up my range reading, and animation reads =/. plus it's harder to tell when your animations reset for a parry, and harder to aim parry, etc.

1rst person players don't know the struggles, and just assume 3rd is OP but don't use it XD

Take one of these elitists who have like 400+ hours in 1rst person and watch them struggle with 3rd person.

Lol I played only 3rd person for my first 2-300 hours simply for the wotr nostalgia.

I play first now because it’s simply the better option. Although 3rd is still superior for fists 👌🏽

57 26
  • 9 Sep
 Odd

@LoPan said:

@Christian2222 said:

Lol I played only 3rd person for my first 2-300 hours simply for the wotr nostalgia.

I play first now because it’s simply the better option. Although 3rd is still superior for fists 👌🏽

only beta fist players use 3rd

49 20
  • 9 Sep
 DEADSY

I played around with FOV settings. I'm at 3rd person with about ~50 FOV.
Also, what does that Settings->Controls option "Angle Attack After Press" mean?

942 292

1st person because who needs to drag around themselves

102 42
  • 9 Sep
 NoYou

@DEADSY said:
I played around with FOV settings. I'm at 3rd person with about ~50 FOV.
Also, what does that Settings->Controls option "Angle Attack After Press" mean?

It means that in 240 moving mouse while holding click will initiate the attack rather than just clicking.

310 239
  • 9 Sep
 LoPan

@Odd said:

@LoPan said:

@Christian2222 said:

only beta fist players use 3rd

Only delta players think that.

9 9
  • 9 Sep
 Fleecer

1st is generally better but I am so used to playing ARPGs in 3rd so still practising in 3rd

62 29
  • 9 Sep
 Crumly

1st fucking sucks. You can't see your character and the cool shit you equipped on him. You can't see your animation spams or taunts. You can't see people coming up on you. You don't get to see the decaps, in fact, you don't get to see almost anything you do, you don't get to see your weapon windups.

Anyone disagreeing with me is just being stubborn.

Honestly I wonder sometimes why people advise others to use 1st, they think after you put in 500 hours you are better off in 1st than if you had done it in 3rd, WHO CARES, TELL PEOPLE TO USE WHAT ACTUALLY MAKES THE GAME MORE FUN

Reading stabs better in 1st? Omfg what a lie, only someone who has only ever used 1st would say that.

I've got 4k hours in chiv and mordhau and since october 2012 I've used 3rd, and can beat 8/10 players consistently. There are loads of guys who can say they beat 10/10 players or 9.9/10 players, WHO CARES - YOU AINT GONNA BE ONE OF THEM UNLESS YOU PUT IN 2-5K HOURS

Why even listen to someone with 4k hours in unless you're going to do the same as them? Just fucking play what is easier.

310 239
  • 9 Sep
 LoPan

@Crumly said:
1st fucking sucks. You can't see your character and the cool shit you equipped on him. You can't see your animation spams or taunts. You can't see people coming up on you. You don't get to see the decaps, in fact, you don't get to see almost anything you do, you don't get to see your weapon windups.

Anyone disagreeing with me is just being stubborn.

Honestly I wonder sometimes why people advise others to use 1st, they think after you put in 500 hours you are better off in 1st than if you had done it in 3rd, WHO CARES, TELL PEOPLE TO USE WHAT ACTUALLY MAKES THE GAME MORE FUN

Reading stabs better in 1st? Omfg what a lie, only someone who has only ever used 1st would say that.

I've got 4k hours in chiv and mordhau and since october 2012 I've used 3rd, and can beat 8/10 players consistently. There are loads of guys who can say they beat 10/10 players or 9.9/10 players, WHO CARES - YOU AINT GONNA BE ONE OF THEM UNLESS YOU PUT IN 2-5K HOURS

Why even listen to someone with 4k hours in unless you're going to do the same as them? Just fucking play what is easier.

Don’t listen to this guy. There’s no way he’s playing anyone top tier despite what he’s saying.

Yes, play whatever is more fun to you. But if you are trying to be competitive to be able to effectively read animations from a defensive standpoint, 1st is the better option. And what 90% of comp players use.

942 292

i dont even play Mordhau weekly anymore

Conscript 651 1456
  • 10 Sep
 ohshitsorry

i dont even own a computer

49 20
  • 10 Sep
 DEADSY

I've decided to go 3rd primarily.
Reading animations and range is still easier in 1st...but I've adopted looking slightly down while in 3rd and this gets my noggin out of the way so I can see more opponents animations...range is still a slight issue as to be expected.
TBH 1st person makes me dizzy and is over stimulating.

If I could ask one thing for my Halloween present this year from the Great Pumpkin it would be to be able to play effectively in 1st person. Yes, 1st person is best...