Mordhau

Has anyone else noticed that lower rank is better?

32 26
  • 8 Sep '19
 Borschik

I went up from silver to platinum in ranked duels and I feel that with higher ranks fights are becoming more and more annoying. Best experience for me was in lower gold, because duels were fun and fair. In platinum most of the opponents are using some kind of cheesy or annoying to deal with loadouts and strats. Unreadable animation abusers, spinners, half naked guys with dodge and zwei, rapier users, mauls, flesh wounds. All of this is a part of the game and they have right to use it, but it doesn't feel interesting to fight against some of that bullshit all the time.
In lower ranks everything is readable, simple and fun. I wonder if ranks after plat are even worse.

Duke 41 95
  • 8 Sep '19
 Teabag

That's high-level gameplay for you, people seeing who can best cheese the game to get the most kills.

Knight 7768 14321
  • 8 Sep '19
 ToLazy4Name

It turns out, as you increase in rank, so too does the quality of your opponent. Who would have thought?

312 245
  • 8 Sep '19
 LoPan

@ToLazy4Name said:
It turns out, as you increase in rank, so too does the quality of your opponent. Who would have thought?

32 26
  • 8 Sep '19
 Borschik

@ToLazy4Name said:

That's not quality, that is just hard to counter cheesy tactics. It's not that they are better at reading people or better at their strikes or moves. They use weird stuff that catches unaware players because it's not really clear how to counter some of that. Imagine playing starcraft 2 and encountering only cannon rushes and worker rushes at higher ranks.

312 245
  • 8 Sep '19
 LoPan

@Borschik said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

That's not quality, that is just hard to counter cheesy tactics. It's not that they are better at reading people or better at their strikes or moves. They use weird stuff that catches unaware players because it's not really clear how to counter some of that. Imagine playing starcraft 2 and encountering only cannon rushes and worker rushes at higher ranks.

I can’t imagine playing that nerd shit. But out of curiosity. What are these tactics you encounter every match that you consider “cheesy?”

Knight 7768 14321
  • 8 Sep '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Borschik said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

If you're winning, you have no reason to complain. If you're losing, you're bad and are making excuses. This isn't cheese, this is the game.

Knight 936 952
  • 8 Sep '19
 afiNity

tbh

1562 4276
  • 8 Sep '19
 TombstoneJack

a bit of a side tangent but could some one explain to me how people hold their weapon mid swing for a few seconds I know its fainting a lot but I just cant figure out how its done

160 90
  • 8 Sep '19
 NoYou

@TombstoneJack said:
a bit of a side tangent but could some one explain to me how people hold their weapon mid swing for a few seconds I know its fainting a lot but I just cant figure out how its done

Its probably a drag feint wessex reverse-accel riposte chamber morph matrix or something. Us mortals will never be able to get our heads around the ways of pro gamers.

530 282
  • 8 Sep '19
 Christian2222

When people can't admit that cheesy tactics does NOT equal skill.

Oh humanity.... why are you such a piece of shit? :_D

Knight 7768 14321
  • 8 Sep '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Christian2222 said:

oh for fuck's sake I thought you had finally left please for the love of god leave so I don't have to hear your retarded whiny posts ever fucking again holy shit

312 245
  • 9 Sep '19
 LoPan

@Christian2222 said:

Awe man Christians back and he’s still angry at the world cause he dies in a video game 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sellsword 31 28
  • 9 Sep '19
 LemonTroutsky

The cheese are insta-accels with eveningstar or battle axe. that wonky looking upper-right stab that's seemingly acceled.

I was watching giru and someone was saying NA league is full of people who specialize in the worst possible animation glitches and that's all they do whereas the EU top players do different things?

It's quite possible that different regions are developing different metas and the EU high-level meta doesn't see the same wonkiness that the NA high-level meta does. So, we're here complaining that there's a significant portion of animations that are just broken, meanwhile the EU players have no idea what we're talking about. and it's true, when you watch GIRU, he and the people he fights don't really do those really awkward things that I've encountered in NA plat.

117 62
  • 9 Sep '19
 DEADSY

Buncha damned try hards

34 10
  • 9 Sep '19
 Khashius

Those are macro johns. There's always a way to counter, dude. As to ranked, the whole system is whacked Ive ranked up for losing.

1562 4276
  • 9 Sep '19
 TombstoneJack

@Khashius said:
Those are macro johns. There's always a way to counter, dude. As to ranked, the whole system is whacked Ive ranked up for losing.

its not about wins or losses but who seymor favors

312 245
  • 9 Sep '19
 LoPan

@LemonTroutsky said:
The cheese are insta-accels with eveningstar or battle axe. that wonky looking upper-right stab that's seemingly acceled.

I was watching giru and someone was saying NA league is full of people who specialize in the worst possible animation glitches and that's all they do whereas the EU top players do different things?

It's quite possible that different regions are developing different metas and the EU high-level meta doesn't see the same wonkiness that the NA high-level meta does. So, we're here complaining that there's a significant portion of animations that are just broken, meanwhile the EU players have no idea what we're talking about. and it's true, when you watch GIRU, he and the people he fights don't really do those really awkward things that I've encountered in NA plat.

People keep throwing these made up terms like “animation glitches” “animation abuse.” They are drags/accels, mechanics that are working as intended. It’s really just common sense in that not telegraphing your attacks to make them harder to read is a smarter option than being a rigid bot with your strikes.

6 6
  • 9 Sep '19
 asdzxc123

@Borschik said:
Best experience for me was in lower gold, because duels were fun and fair.

It was fun because you were winning a lot.
Now you've got equally skilled opponents and it's not so fun anymore compared to destroying low rank noobs.

5 0
  • 25 Oct '19
 LordBlackdare

Nah nah nah fucking longspear in a duel is bs.