Mordhau

Have the devs even acknowledged that there's a ping problem affecting many players?

30 42

I, and many people I've talked to, have ping problems that exist only in Mordhau. They began with the latest round of patches, and make the game unplayable. With how close I am to the servers, I should be getting ~25ms, but it's fluctuating wildly between 50-200+. As I said, there are many players who have these issues. Have the devs released any announcement that they acknowledge this problem? Are there any fixes planned?

14 11
  • 9 Sep
 Cracksmith

I'm in Texas, and often struggle to get less than 100 ping on Dallas servers at times. At first I assumed it was an issue with my already abysmal isp-but now that I know it's because of the game itself, I'm a little crestfallen that it isn't just me that has this issue. I wanted to be special. :^(

35 31
  • 10 Sep
 Kashi

You might wanna check your regional settings on Steam, a guy used to rant and rave left and right about the same problem but found the issue with what his stuff was set on steam

310 239
  • 10 Sep
 LoPan

I haven’t had any ping issues since release. Neither has my buddy I’ve always played w. Provided We join servers that aren’t across the country. Maybe it’s your regional setting?

3 1
  • 11 Sep
 Zi-Zi

I am from Russia, the city of Vladivostok (10,000 km from Moscow), and with ping everything is bad with me. On user servers, both local and Japanese or Korean, everything is fine, but if I want to play duel or battle royale, then everything is bad. The nearest Russian server is in Moscow, and there is no less than 124 ping, on official Asian servers in the region of 240.
Why can’t you create a peer-to-peer connection for duels, so that there is a ping selection and you can play normally with local ones with a small ping?

Mercenary 2543 4560
  • 11 Sep
 SIEGE

about a month ago I'd get 140 in Strasbourg and London servers, but now I get 200 in those servers. I also get a consistent 200 ping in Battle Royale/Duel mode. Polish servers suck as well, Frankfurt servers are the only playable ones with ~120 ping

30 42
  • 12 Sep
 MountainMan

@Kashi said:
You might wanna check your regional settings on Steam, a guy used to rant and rave left and right about the same problem but found the issue with what his stuff was set on steam

Thanks for the response, can you be more specific about 'regional setting'? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

35 31
  • 12 Sep
 Kashi

@MountainMan said:

@Kashi said:

Thanks for the response, can you be more specific about 'regional setting'? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

In steam you can set your download region to different servers through the settings and steam also likes putting you through there first for some reason , this can lead to horrific lag