Mordhau

Buckler in duels

25 18
  • 7 Sep
 Krtex

i've been getting some hate in duels due to using buckler (with warhammer, but that never got mentioned). I thought it's just a stamina boost with some tighter parry location, but is buckler cheap in duels? I'd rather not use a crutch in duels, but i thought that this is a relatively wholesome choice for dooling, and i really enjoy the a e s t h e t h i c c.

125 101

It is not a crutch. It can only parry. I don't see how that's a crutch as you have to use your weapon like everyone else

Dad Sizzle

1059 1697

It does require tighter aim last I checked, so it would seem to me that people should not complain that you spend an extra 3 points to have to aim tighter but have more stamina.

49 20
  • 7 Sep
 DEADSY

Whenever I see a buckler user I have nothing but respect.

35 31
  • 7 Sep
 Kashi

I still see people confused that the targe and buckler are held block

But nah buckler is EXTREMELY good 14 stamina drain negation is massive buff to any 1h weapon

The targe has also been buffed to 13 so it basically let's ant 1h weapon compete much better vs 2h weapons

Honestly I think they are fine as is , you use a slot for it require good aim on blocks and costs 3 points so if bumps weapons effective point cost up

Knight 7577 13875

If you win who fucking cares

Knight 53 52

@ToLazy4Name said:

More and more players each year play video games for social interactions. So I'm not surprised to hear that so many people seek validation from complete strangers. Me on the other-hand: I like to immerse myself in a video game. I also like to be in control of my own life. I would sooner kill myself than allow a stranger to dictate the choices I have a right to make myself. When I'm standing on the battlefield and my enemy stands before me, the only thing on my mind is how I will set upon the task of dispatching him and sending his sorry ass to the afterlife. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that matters in the sands of an arena is victory.

Knight 3284 6718
  • 8 Sep
 Bodkin

@Milosh_Obilic said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

More and more players each year play video games for social interactions. So I'm not surprised to hear that so many people seek validation from complete strangers. Me on the other-hand: I like to immerse myself in a video game. I also like to be in control of my own life. I would sooner kill myself than allow a stranger to dictate the choices I have a right to make myself. When I'm standing on the battlefield and my enemy stands before me, the only thing on my mind is how I will set upon the task of dispatching him and sending his sorry ass to the afterlife. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that matters in the sands of an arena is victory.

ngl that was cringe af

113 79

@Milosh_Obilic said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

honk honk

1083 6138
  • 10 Sep
 crushed — Art

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
It does require tighter aim

This is incorrect, the blocking angles in the armory UI aren't used anymore since alpha and will be removed next patch. Shields, held and timed aswell as parry all have the same block/parry difficulty in terms of aiming

43 51
  • 10 Sep
 PartyClass

Buckler is fine. Full shields are lame in duels, not unfair, just not fun.

I had a ranked match with an alpha player. He won. We got matched up again, he went full brawler class on me. With grace he'd dance around my blade. Faking me out and stunning me before a hit could land. He won.

Despite how humiliating it was, I'd rather get slaughtered by him, than win or lose against a full shield opponent.

3 8
  • 11 Sep
 CARMY

The buckler is like an extra parry, and it can only be used together with a one-handed weapon.
That means you always have the andvantage in swiftness both in attack and defense.
Always. - Always means that experienced players can easily know just how to counter it.

In conclusion, it's a crutch in the lower ranks but a hinderance in the higher ones.
As a filthy casual gold player, I fear it but I don't hate it. - It's fair game in my book.

31 22
  • 11 Sep
 Borschik

@crushed said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
It does require tighter aim

This is incorrect, the blocking angles in the armory UI aren't used anymore since alpha and will be removed next patch. Shields, held and timed aswell as parry all have the same block/parry difficulty in terms of aiming

Hmm what is the difference between Heater and Kite shield now? Only 1 point cost, and 1 extra stamina negation? Bigger hitbox only works againgst projectiles?