Mordhau

Horses after latest update

1059 1697

I find the bonus damage from infantry against horsemen rather... overzealous? Charging a group from horseback in full armor should be dangerous because it will take 3-4 shots to kill you, your opponents may have polearms or a billhook and you will likely only kill one of them while the rest lean back and stab you.

Charging a group of infantry from horseback in full armor should not be dangerous because you now get one or two shotted and who cares if they have a billhook anymore since any polearm will do just as well or even better.

Also, can lance be made the only couched weapon? Couched weapons take little to no skill and take the timing out of cavalry's offense. At least the lance would be a niche cavalry tool that needs to be paired with a shield to defend with and has a limited number on a map.

74 22

Using couched weapons is very dangerous now. Not enough range, even a Longsword can stab you before you hit them. People will kill you with a well-timed stab easily.

Imo the damage bonus to horses should only apply to 2h polearms. Sure you can stab me with a sword while I'm riding at full speed but you'll probably break your arm, fall to the ground and lose your sword.

They have officially made horses not fun for anyone, including people who ride them. And we thought it couldn't get worse :D

Knight 460 890
  • 7 Sep
 wierHL

I propose to make momentum-based dmg not apply to legs. Then you'd need a long weapon to get the bonus.

1059 1697

@wierHL said:
I propose to make momentum-based dmg not apply to legs. Then you'd need a long weapon to get the bonus.

I actually really like this idea ^

90 109

No fuck all of you horses are a terrible addition to this game and the worse they are the better.

1059 1697

@DefendinMyBase said:
No fuck all of you horses are a terrible addition to this game and the worse they are the better.

Ah it was only a matter of time before a civil discussion about horse balance devolved into... well you know.

74 22
  • 9 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

@DefendinMyBase said:

Right now they are terrible for both the riders and the infantry lol. Nobody enjoys horses now. So I disagree with your statement.

Jump on a horse, spear 3 people, get instagibbed by a guy with a Cleaver who hits your foot.

Well, I suppose the guy with the cleaver had fun.

1059 1697

We should all just switch to cleaver, those guys are always having the most fun.