Mordhau

Horde - Last patch killed it

13 11

I've been playing horde for 96 levels, It's just the only mode that makes me and my friends happy because it feels like the old CoD zombies mode (who also was the only good mode in CoD back in times for us)
I think the last patch ruined it completely.
Tbh, we became pretty good at horde. Never using cheats like climbing towers etc (we actually kicked people who did it with us) and we had a 21 waves win ratio of maybe 60-70%. Game become so casual that we used to only play with chests weapons, to add a bit of difficulty and random to the gameplay.
This was before the last patch.
With the release of the Patch #10 none of my friends wants to play anymore. It's litterally impossible to die on melee now. Even with the regen (10hp) nerf. From wave 1 to 15, I play Mordhau while playing another MMORPG at the same time since it became so dull and easy.

j.jpg

There. As I was writing this thread, I played on mountain peak. Full regular way. No cheese, only melee (even with giants and seymour), just look at it. Just. Look. 900 kills, 0 deaths.
All those guys with me are leechers. They die instantly at the beginning of the wave to gain gold easy xXx

The patch did 2 major changes.

* Players receive 50% less damage from projectiles (knifes, arrows, etc...)
So this okay to me. If I had to talk about problems on horde, projectiles would be one of it. The damage from arrows/knifes was really tremendous, and quite unbalanced from time to time. (One arrow in the head would kill you instantly on a 6 stack team with no armor, and they spawn at wave 6 already. Light helmet won't save you from one shots)

Players can no longer be flinched

THIS. is the problem. This...My god, this thing...So to explain a bit further about that, when you used to attack an enemy, your attack would be stopped if the enemy touched you first. This is not the case anymore.

You can spam left click to kill enemies without worrying of being hit because you will recover from the hit when you kill him. This makes wave 1 to like 12-13 nobrain af. You just have to buy a scythe and you become the most powerful mf ever. Even with all the hits you can take, you kill like 3-6 enemies per second with a scythe, it's impossible TO TAKE YOU DOWN. All players who get killed just fail or misclick or get scared but I can 100% tell you this is not balanced. THIS IS TOO EASY NOW.

The challenge starts at wave 15-16 but honesty if you have a full heavy set and a good weapon it's still pretty fucking ez. Just use spikes to go faster on wave, me and my friends were so bored we tried to speedrun it. We made it on mountain peak (most straight forward map) in 32m36sec. 0 Deaths. We were 3 players. 0 Challenges.

Now the new maps were supposed to bring back the interest we had for horde mode but they didn't came out, so rip. But please, consider my request as a real problem for the horde. This mode has no utility now except for the leech.

If someone needs a full one hour video of me going from 1 to 21 now I can try to provide that. Even if I don't think people would really care, and since I tried to do it by the past my setup wouldn't capture it in a good fps so it was kinda shitty looking.

Conscript 682 1501

C-can you make a video of you getting to round 21 and dedicate it to me?

59 17
  • 7 Sep
 lordlemon

i wish horde mode went on longer than 21 waves

Conscript 682 1501

also check out that scrub with 15 deaths

13 11

j.jpg

Step up the difficulty guys, it got boring.

954 302

there we have it 960 enemies and one Helmet face us in the Horde

Knight 7681 14085

not only did you play nothing but horde for 96 levels but you also kicked people who played in a manner you don't like

very bad.jpg

954 302

And people were mad due to my kills in frontline lol

13 11

@ToLazy4Name said:
not only did you play nothing but horde for 96 levels but you also kicked people who played in a manner you don't like

very bad.jpg

I don't see the problem in playing horde I've been doing some frontline and it's full of racists and teamkillers so thank you but I prefer something else. And cheaters are kicked just like idiots are kicked in frontline, so this argument doesn't mean shit, go back to your room you're punished.

Knight 7681 14085

You do realize you've admitted to breaking one of the game's official server rules, right? I didn't mention you kicking that guy because it offended me, I mentioned it because you're an idiot.

This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
Knight 54 52
 Kobilic

@ToLazy4Name said:
You do realize you've admitted to breaking one of the game's official server rules, right? I didn't mention you kicking that guy because it offended me, I mentioned it because you're an idiot.

Now although you are correct about the server rules, the OP did not specify if he was playing on his own server or an official.
So don't assume you know when you don't have that evidence on hand. Furthermore even if it was on an official server, these forums don't need justice warriors. Justice warriors don't help make games better, nor do they ever make a difference in the long run. Testers and players who spend time to give quality feedback like the OP are the ones who improve the game. So please try have some empathy and be more considerate of the fact that your comments were not necessary. Unless you want to talk about changes to horde mode your just filling this thread with negative energy that contributes towards killing this community and making it over-all more toxic. Not a healthy representation of the kind of passionate people that invest in this game and make this forum an awesome place to connect with others.

Knight 54 52
 Kobilic

OP I agree with your comment on flinch. Perhaps triternion have done this to try increase horde numbers as far less players are playing horde. I would personally like to see difficulties to horde like the horde in chivalry had. My idea would be to keep current settings for easy mode, add flinch to players on medium, and add flinch to players while disabling flinch on enemies on hard mode would be ideal. While we are on this topic an extra 10 waves for the new horde maps along with these difficulties would go a long way and would be super easy to implement. I would have already implemented this myself were it possible with the current community made techniques for map making.

Wouldn't be hard for Triternion to add though, so i hope if Marko see's this he can take it into consideration :)

13 11

Okay so the idea of separating difficulties on horde could be nice, the flinch nerf is very casual friendly, which is good for newcomers. Now the problem is that 10 more waves would be awesome, my friends said the same thing for horde, and I casually talk with horde players and they also would appreciate new waves.
But for now, every waves has a specific meaning most of the time, the wave 19 represents fire throwers, 17 is archers and archer boss, wave 10 is usually the big maul. The cool thing about horde is that it adds new enemies with waves, if we add 10 more waves we would need new enemies (more difficult also which is hard to do after Seymour).

The main problem of the horde mode is that lots of players use glitch to win, mainly leechers from Frontline.