Mordhau

Flesh wound, duels

44 31
  • 6 Sep
 'Lock

Can we ban it, please? Like ranged weapons?

It's not fun. Either you run it just in case the cunt your duelling has it or you don't and they get 1 extra hit. Sure you can read someone who is bleeding out but it's so unbearably lame when they bring it.

Knight 3132 7290
  • 7 Sep
 Punzybobo

Fleshwound is a crutch

57 26
  • 7 Sep
 Odd

Its 3 points. Its better than your opponent spending it on 3 cleavers.

942 292

i think all perks should be removed for Duels

74 22
  • 11 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

Flesh wound needs to go. It's basically an extra hit to kill you. Feels ridiculous to "win" a duel but get punched to death by a guy on a Flesh Wound timer. Get rid of it asap.

9 9
  • 11 Sep
 Fleecer

Let’s remove flesh wound shield buckler rapier arming sword zwei bandage long sword eveningstar maul drag accer block duck jump in duel

10 16
  • 12 Sep
 Sarnath

@Fleecer said:
Let’s remove flesh wound shield buckler rapier arming sword zwei bandage long sword eveningstar maul drag accer block duck jump in duel

And remove feint

193 385

if you cant defend yourself for 5 seconds should you really be playing ranked mode in the first place

133 167
  • 12 Sep
 Atlas-D

@SherbershLemel said:
if you cant defend yourself for 5 seconds should you really be playing ranked mode in the first place

Double digit IQ logic. If I'm fighting someone at my skill level, he could easily get 1-2 accels or drags off in 5 seconds, which could be all the time he needs if he happened to damage me enough to 1 hit kill. If I could easily defend everything my opponent does that'll mean I'm a smurf on a smurf account fighting people below my rank. Imbecile.

66 91
  • 13 Sep
 SoRoofless

Flesh wound does seem pretty broken for duels

17 21
  • 13 Sep
 Breidr

Slappers Only!
iXcRjua.jpg

54 63

I think people forgot this cost 3 points.

Let's assume you run 3/3/3, you have 7 points left for weaponry (Greatsword, Longsword + Arming, or whatever you like for 7 points). If you take Flesh Wound, you are reduced to 4 points (Bastard Sword, Mace, 2 Arming, etc...).

Now you could have less armor if you want FW + better weapons, but that's also less hits you can take depending on the armor removed + weapon you face. It's one more hit you can tank for one more hit you can't. Having FW cost 3 points, which is the same cost as +1 armor tier everywhere, seems fair to me.

Now I can understand people find Bastard/Mace/Arming annoying to face (or broken), and even more with FW on top of it, but it sounds like it's more of a weapon problem than a FW problem.

I mean, if you put your opponent in FW state, you can go full defensive for those last 5 seconds (I know it can be hard if you are low on stamina, but they spent point on that skill after all : it must be an advantage for them in some parts). You can also, and I know it's easier said than done, finish him off with a headshot.

193 385

@Atlas-D said:

@SherbershLemel said:

Double digit IQ logic. If I'm fighting someone at my skill level, he could easily get 1-2 accels or drags off in 5 seconds, which could be all the time he needs if he happened to damage me enough to 1 hit kill. If I could easily defend everything my opponent does that'll mean I'm a smurf on a smurf account fighting people below my rank. Imbecile.

its much easier to defend yourself when you dont have to attack. and if youre going to throw insults at me over a shitty perk in a beta gamemode maybe you are the imbecile and need to calm down

66 91
  • 13 Sep
 SoRoofless

I don’t duel so I don’t really know, but I’m guessing that if you kill your opponent while flesh wounding, you “win” the duel. But do you really win if you’re mortally wounded? I’d call it a draw, really.

74 22
  • 13 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

@SoRoofless said:
I don’t duel so I don’t really know, but I’m guessing that if you kill your opponent while flesh wounding, you “win” the duel. But do you really win if you’re mortally wounded? I’d call it a draw, really.

It counts as a win, which is what makes it so stupid.

54 63

@Tr0gledyte said:

@SoRoofless said:

It counts as a win, which is what makes it so stupid.

Well yes and no. They spent 3 points in it, why should it only helps getting a draw at best ?

942 292

i say remove perks

106 124

Yeah this is why I'm not on board either:

• FW costs 3 points, points you could've otherwise spent on better armor or weapons.
  • FW is literally designed to only be useful less than half the time, since losing your right arm or getting hit in the head means you get little to no value out of it respectively.
  • It's only five fucking seconds max. Someone with FW isn't gonna play defensively during those five seconds. You know they're gonna attack - if you consistently die to such a level of predictability then FW isn't the issue here, you are.

It's just a perk that costs points. Are we going to ban T3 chestplates next?

Knight 917 2522
  • 14 Sep
 Pred

@Shitscrubber64 said:
Yeah this is why I'm not on board either:

• FW costs 3 points, points you could've otherwise spent on better armor or weapons.

This would be true if lower cost meant worse weapon, which is not the case, especially in duels.

If you want to play BS you have one of the best weapons and you can easily afford Flesh Wound on top of it. 1/2/1 Mace (8 pts) htk-wise is superior to 3/3/3 LS (14pts).

Knight 644 987
  • 14 Sep
 VampireDuck

imo there shouldn't be any perks in ranked primarily because you don't know what perks your opponent is using when you start the fight, unlike armour and weapons which you can see straight away.