Mordhau

Latest server update breaks on CentOS 7

534 286
  • 6 Sep
 Gambit

The latest update for the server files now includes a third party plugin called mod.io which according to their docs is supported on Ubuntu/Debian and Fedora. Since the update, running the mordhau binary gives the error below

/home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've tried rebuilding CURL with gnutls support, symlinking curl to the gnutls path and removing the third party plugin files, all to no avail.
I know curl is a fairly standard linux lib, but the gnutls support that mod.io needs just doesn't seem to be working.

The mordhau server creation dashboard I made relies on CentOS 7, so a lot of people have been messaging about their servers being broken. I went with CentOS because it could handle more players for the same price and it would be a shame if it stopped being supported.

If anyone has any solutions it would be great if you could share them.

I have a signature

Knight 14 7

Can confirm would be great to have CentOS supported.

2 5
  • 10 Sep
 Turupawn

Hello, I'm from the mod.io team.
Right now we're focusing on the other distros you mentioned so official out of the box CentOS is not a priority at the moment.
However I also think it would be great that you guys make it work on CentOS and it would be a good step towards full official support. I managed to make mod.io work on CentOS 7.6 by doing the following:

1. Installing curl-devel: yum install curl-devel
  2. Replacing the libmodio.so with a version I complied specifically for CentOS here: libmodio.so

Basically I recompiled the libmodio.so library with the curl libraries available on CentOS.
This is the full guide of how I did it on a CentOS 7.6 fresh install:
https://github.com/Turupawn/ModioCentos7BuildInstructions

Thanks for letting us know about this issue and will appreciate if you guys keep us posted!

534 286
  • 12 Sep
 Gambit

@Turupawn said:
Hello, I'm from the mod.io team.
Right now we're focusing on the other distros you mentioned so official out of the box CentOS is not a priority at the moment.
However I also think it would be great that you guys make it work on CentOS and it would be a good step towards full official support. I managed to make mod.io work on CentOS 7.6 by doing the following:

1. Installing curl-devel: yum install curl-devel
  2. Replacing the libmodio.so with a version I complied specifically for CentOS here: libmodio.so

Basically I recompiled the libmodio.so library with the curl libraries available on CentOS.
This is the full guide of how I did it on a CentOS 7.6 fresh install:
https://github.com/Turupawn/ModioCentos7BuildInstructions

Thanks for letting us know about this issue and will appreciate if you guys keep us posted!

Thanks for reaching out! I've tried the steps above but still get the error below

MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Symlinking curl to libcurl-gnutls also shows the same errors as before

/home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping: /lib64/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/../../Plugins/modio/Source/ThirdParty/mod.io-sdk-v0.11.3-DEV/lib/linux/x64/libmodio.so)
/home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/../../Plugins/modio/Source/ThirdParty/mod.io-sdk-v0.11.3-DEV/lib/linux/x64/libmodio.so) /home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: versionCXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/../../Plugins/modio/Source/ThirdParty/mod.io-sdk-v0.11.3-DEV/lib/linux/x64/libmodio.so)
/home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/../../Plugins/modio/Source/ThirdParty/mod.io-sdk-v0.11.3-DEV/lib/linux/x64/libmodio.so)

This was on a fresh CentOS 7.6 box, installed curl-devel and placed your libmodio.so into

/home/steam/mordhau/Mordhau/Plugins/modio/Source/ThirdParty/mod.io-sdk-v0.11.3-DEV/lib/linux/x64/libmodio.so

I have a signature