Mordhau

This game is NOT skill based

86 42
  • 5 Sep '19
 Badass_Ben

Im sure some of you are glad to hear, im uninstalling this poorly made and disappointing game.

Way back when this game was announced, it was described by the devs as trying to go for a "realistic sword fighting game". The same interview which talked about the dynamic of armor (plate being vulnerable to blunt weapons but strong vs slash), wanting to relay "realistic movement", and wanting to give the player the sense that they were "Actually fighting with real weapons".

I wanted something that was ACTUALLY gonna reward real life swordsmanship, out thinking your opponent, but this game doesn't, at all

In fact, MOST players I encounter don't know a damn thing, but get away simply by playing to the (broken) mechanics of the game

-Hitting in the first frame of a swing (yeah, that doesn't work IRL, try again)
-Getting RIGHT up on a spearman, and still being stabbed by a spearpoint THAT SHOULD be behind me, and therefore useless
-Weapons that appear to be floating, still doing max damage of a swing (again, if your weapon, relative to me is barely moving, you will NOT hit hard)
-Completely whiffing an attack, but still parrying the incoming strike (that's just outright physically impossible)

So thanks devs for lying, this is basically Chivalry 2 already. I even encountered a reverse overhead, like jesus, its not THAT hard to figure out how to prevent that. But again, relying on an overly simplistic "swing arc" as your only measure of attack, yeah, well, that's gonna happen.

Maybe one day they will add a hardcore mode that is actually realistic, but for now

Yall enjoy your arcade casual game. It is fake as shit

Knight 7768 14322
  • 6 Sep '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Badass_Ben said:
Im sure some of you are glad to hear, im uninstalling this poorly made and disappointing game.

great, cya later and congrats on finally making a good thread

34 22
  • 6 Sep '19
 Fleecer

It’s just a game dude, don’t be too hypercritical on it

Knight 694 1060
  • 6 Sep '19
 VampireDuck

How does your complaints about realism make any connection to the skill of the game?

18 13
  • 6 Sep '19
 ETucc

@Fleecer said:
It’s just a game dude, don’t be too hypercritical on it

You should see the Steam forums... Everybody has to announce their exit as they trash the game.

You can find most of them still playing despite their "hate" for the game.

290 268
  • 6 Sep '19
 Atlas-D

Realism =/= Skill based

113 80

You can't fool us, Botas

46 17
  • 6 Sep '19
 norshin

Mad cause bad

Knight 3311 6797
  • 6 Sep '19
 Bodkin

Ok.

1613 1197
  • 6 Sep '19
 esturias

Good news. No more dumb spamthreads. Bye.
Now you finally have enough time to learn the difference between a game and RL.

2 2
  • 6 Sep '19
 pthumerian

hoes mad

Mercenary 83 73

i mean he's kinda right. the animations in this game are horribly broken.

Edit: I mean if u have to move as spastic as possble in combination with spamming "Q" as long as the key breaks, something is kinda wrong

Knight 936 952
  • 6 Sep '19
 afiNity

Realism has nothing to do with skill
The game is skill based obviously but i would agree that the meta is pretty one-dimensional

Knight 1269 3811
  • 6 Sep '19
 Frise

All of this coming from the dude that is too braindead to press W when their opponent runs away from them, then complains that running is overpowered or some other dumb shit.

Count 884 3292
  • 6 Sep '19
 EatAtRedLobster

Disliked and Unsubscribed.

Reinstalling.

Mercenary 1893 7063
  • 6 Sep '19
 ThunderDuck

LITERALLY NEVER AT ANY POINT IN TIME DID THE DEVS STATE THEY WERE MAKING A "REALISTIC SWORD FIGHTING GAME" YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING BUFFOON

160 90
  • 6 Sep '19
 NoYou

Omfg stop spamming threads on how much you hate the game and complaining about mechanics that there is absolutely nothing wrong with. If you hate the game so fucking much then we’re happy to see you go since this game obviously isn’t for you.

137 157
  • 6 Sep '19
 The Bird

Lol I #pekt this dude in ranked around the time he posted this. He started flaming at the end. I claim the credit for this buffoon's departure.

GETPEKT

BIRD

242 217
  • 6 Sep '19
 Cracksmith

"this game isn't skill based"

• goes on to complain about issues with realism, which has absolutely nothing to do with skill

lol nerd

58 69
  • 6 Sep '19
 PartyClass

If you say something isn't skill based, but cannot replicate it yourself, then you're likely wrong