Mordhau

So is this the infamous CFTP?

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

In any sort of hand to hand combat, with our without weapons, one of the TEXTBOOK openings that basically guarantees a free hit is an opponents completely missed attack
Not having anything for your fists/weapon to strike, you must exert energy to STOP the weapon/fist momentum, and in the meantime, you are left entirely out of position to defend or block adequately.

It blows my mind that this is allowed in this sort of game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB7wCrid95E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRU9cQ4tKCQ

Like, in what world does this mechanic make sense?
People complain that you cant "attack efficiently enough" between high skill players, and a lot of that has to do with a way to forgiving defense aspect of the game. In both clips, the opponent made a MASSIVE blunder, and should be punished for it. Instead, they can magically parry the incoming attack with their weapon NOWHERE in position to do so.

Also, Turn Cap?
Parry Bot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNhTP9I0R_c

Knight 7667 14070

you are melting my brain with how many awful threads you are capable of making in a row, I can literally feel you draining my already limited IQ

25 10
  • 4 Sep
 Moesenfurz

Why are you still playing with shields? You lied to the whole forum, claiming, you only fight with shields when your opponent does "dumb" shit, whatever that means. Now we have 3 videos of you playing with shield.... you are not only a shield peasant, but also a liar. Thats very bad.

954 302

ben...... don't be me

Knight 934 941
  • 4 Sep
 afiNity

That last clip looks pretty cool

Count 790 3012

Liked and subscribed.

CFTP was so infamous I uninstalled.

56 22
  • 4 Sep
 DEADSY

If your opponent can pull off a combo on you without you interceding in some fashion then your slow ass gets parried. This formalizes the attack via the attacker. The devs did nothing wrong.

32 30
  • 4 Sep
 Fred Dawes

Using CFTP costs hella stam. Follow up your whiff punish with pressure and you'll win a disarm.

312 241
  • 4 Sep
 LoPan

@Badass_Ben said:
In any sort of hand to hand combat, with our without weapons, one of the TEXTBOOK openings that basically guarantees a free hit is an opponents completely missed attack
Not having anything for your fists/weapon to strike, you must exert energy to STOP the weapon/fist momentum, and in the meantime, you are left entirely out of position to defend or block adequately.

People complain that you cant "attack efficiently enough" between high skill players, and a lot of that has to do with a way to forgiving defense aspect of the game. In both clips, the opponent made a MASSIVE blunder, and should be punished for it. Instead, they can magically parry the incoming attack with their weapon NOWHERE in position to do so.

Also, Turn Cap?
Parry Bot?

It’s not feint to parry. He is simply comboing. You can block when comboing. You can’t block at the end of a single attack. Learn mechanics.

Also nice held block crutch guy.

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@DEADSY said:
If your opponent can pull off a combo on you without you interceding in some fashion then your slow ass gets parried. This formalizes the attack via the attacker. The devs did nothing wrong.

What do you mean? I attacked at the MOST vulnerable point, when his weapon was the farthest out of position

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@Fred Dawes said:
Using CFTP costs hella stam. Follow up your whiff punish with pressure and you'll win a disarm.

Sure, and I did win the fight
My point is how the fundamental mechanic is flawed
Not even arguing the balancing of it, it shouldn't be in the game in the first place.

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@LoPan said:

@Badass_Ben said:

Also, Turn Cap?
Parry Bot?

It’s not feint to parry. He is simply comboing. You can block when comboing. You can’t block at the end of a single attack. Learn mechanics.

Also nice held block crutch guy.

Fair enough, im not good with the technical terms.

All I KNOW as a fact is that I attacked at what ANY swordsman would say is the ideal point of attack, my opponent was most vulnerable, yet he wasn't?

Basically, this game is WAYY to forgiving with parries.
With a weapon way out of position, it is physically impossible for him to use the weapon to defend himself
His BEST bet, at that point would be to combo, and use the ATTACK to deflect mine (clash) but I attacked at the right moment where that really isn't an option for him

Knight 3295 6739
  • 4 Sep
 Bodkin

You can feint people when they miss to bait it out tbh. I do it all the time.

19 12

Removing combo feint to parry will have a few effects:

1. People will choose the longest weapon and poke

2. 1vX situations will become nearly impossible

I don't see why combo feint to parry is so hard to understand, it's a natural extension of the game mechanics. And don't bring in the "it looks unrealistic argument", there are countless animations and things in this game that look unrealistic, you don't balance a game around realism.

I have no issues with adjusting / nerfing CFTP, but flat out removing it is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Baroness 19 87
84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@ASeriousSalamander said:

I don't see why combo feint to parry is so hard to understand, it's a natural extension of the game mechanics. And don't bring in the "it looks unrealistic argument", there are countless animations and things in this game that look unrealistic, you don't balance a game around realism.

I have no issues with adjusting / nerfing CFTP, but flat out removing it is a terrible idea in my opinion.

You absolutely can balance around realism
Infact, in a way realism IS balanced since every weapon is designed as a counter or as a tactic to something else

But anyways
The thing about 2 handers is they need to be nerfed in VERY close combat. If I get in PAST a spear tip, for example, you shouldn't be able to stab

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@ASeriousSalamander said:

ALSO, the whole point of shields is 1vx

I think its 100% BS that a parry can block two strikes at once from opposite directions, but that is talking about another mechanic

13 42

last clip is most likely a parry bot, the turn speed is too unnatural.

133 167
  • 4 Sep
 Atlas-D

Bruh. It costs them a load of stamina. Not just that, but you can feint and then deal damage. Also talking about forgiving defense, look at that shield.

Knight 47 55
  • 4 Sep
 Josh

If you combo feint to parry in 1v1 then you are already being punished.

Take longsword vs longsword for example; a miss costs 8 stamina, a feint costs 10 stamina and parrying the other longsword costs 6 stamina. It's costing them 24 stamina each time they combo feint to parry, so they're gonna lose very quickly if they keep doing it.

In addition to the stamina cost, you have a lot of initiative against someone who has started comboing because they can't rely on a chamber to counter your feints.

If you predict someone's going to miss early enough, then you can also start an attack to hit them during their release and they'll have no chance of parrying, but this is usually more risk than it's worth if you don't have excellent timing and forcing them CFTP is already a big advantage for no risk.