Mordhau

Did some testing, and found out weapon hitboxes dont match their models

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

So after having several encounters where a weapon was what I thought, 100% in range, only to miss, I did a little testing

And maybe there is errors with this, BUT

So I took a series of weapon and stabbed against a wall, being a fixed point

I found a LOT of weapons had to clip INTO the wall in order to "strike" said wall
Regardless of where on the wall I was striking, or which wall

This seems to me to explain a lot of range issues with weapons where you are obviously in range, but it just doesn't count

Knight 766 3312
  • 4 Sep
 Mittsies

Very nice video you've provided to illustrate that weapon hitboxes don't match their models.

Thanks, great post!

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@Mittsies said:
Very nice video you've provided to illustrate that weapon hitboxes don't match their models.

Thanks, great post!

Sorry my Nvidia recording tool was updating at them time and was too curious too wait

161 62
  • 4 Sep
 CarnifeX

@Mittsies said:

Thanks, great post!

do you even play the game?
for me, theres no proof needed, because i play the game often enough to know this

Knight 601 2021

@Badass_Ben said:
So after having several encounters where a weapon was what I thought, 100% in range, only to miss, I did a little testing

And maybe there is errors with this, BUT

So I took a series of weapon and stabbed against a wall, being a fixed point

I found a LOT of weapons had to clip INTO the wall in order to "strike" said wall
Regardless of where on the wall I was striking, or which wall

This seems to me to explain a lot of range issues with weapons where you are obviously in range, but it just doesn't count

Weapons use different tracers for non-destructible objects. This is so that your weapon does not keep hitting a wall when you are fighting in close quarters. A weapon may not reach a wall from a certain distance, but reach a character from that same distance.