Mordhau

Ping in Ranked

18 21
  • 3 Sep '19
 Breidr

Constantly placed in a match with 80 ping vs. 60 or under. I live in Florida and queue US East. Why the heck is my ping so high and how do others get such good ping?

For the record I also get 88 ping on official frontline servers and have to resort to using the server browser and often times play on community servers. Can't do that for ranked.

Knight 766 3316
  • 4 Sep '19
 Mittsies

You are probably very far away from the closest server because of where you live, unfortunately.

However... it could be a routing issue instead. I don't know enough about this issue to know how to fix it, but I was getting "double ping" to certain official servers in the past. Rather than getting around 36~40 I expected, I was getting about 72 to 80, so exactly double. Some servers were normal, some were double. All of them were official servers of the same location. So here's where it gets real weird... I turned on my VPN (a paid one, not a freebie one), and connected to the servers I was getting double ping on, and I was getting normal ping. Weird, right? If the same is true for you, it might be a hint to why you're getting abnormally high ping.