Mordhau

Duel servers SA

4 26
 AYE

Hello there, this post is to propose the idea of changing some of the horde servers in SA into duel servers. Most of ppl who play this game are chiv vets or some hardcore guys who learned the game in the past few months. With that said, the remaining players left in the game are most interested in duels rather than a pve experience with bots. I would like to ask Triternion to switch some servers and give us the chance to play that thing we've waited for so long. I understand that you don't want to pay for extra servers in this region, I don't share this thought but i accept it. A fair solution would be to switch from horde servers to duel servers, even one frontline server that it's always empty could do the trick. Why your most loyal playerbase (the ones who likes to duel) doesn't have servers in SA but horde it's still active? Is this some kind of sick joke to us?

I really enjoy this game and I would like to play duels with ppl who enjoy and play it as I do. I'm not asking you to invest more money, just to make some changes. I believe it's the least you can do, since we paid for this game and we aren't getting the full content.

6 25

same goes with SEA :(

2 17
  • 2 Sep
 Jimmy

As a fellow South American player, I totally agree. There is approximately 150 players (or so) active players left in the region and most of us, like OP said, are "hardcore" players. Most of us would rather have dedicated duel servers rather than horde servers. This change would imply very little , or none, cost for the developers, and it would make the whole region happy. :)

3 16

why u do this crush esse sou eu.png

2 9

WE WANT RankedSAServers!!!

Knight 4 19
  • 3 Sep
 Sandrui

RANKED SERVERSSSS
plllllsssssssss

Knight 4 19
  • 3 Sep
 Sandrui

RANKED SERVERSSSS
plllllsssssssss

4 33
  • 3 Sep
 Nōir._Lx

Ranked servers for SA

23 10
  • 3 Sep
 Narkanin

@QuickStabsFastJabs said:
same goes with SEA :(

Please. The server selection from Thailand is terrible.

985 6954
  • 3 Sep
 marox — Project Lead

@AYE said:
I would like to ask Triternion to switch some servers and give us the chance to play that thing we've waited for so long. I understand that you don't want to pay for extra servers in this region, I don't share this thought but i accept it.

This has nothing to do with cost, but rather that the mode simply would not work with the low number of players in the region. MMR/rank spread would accumulate and very soon you'd be looking at rather ridiculous queue times, where only people in the 'average' rank would find any matches at all. For these low population regions, dedicated FFA duel servers work much, much better, as the entire region's population can fit into 1 or 2 servers.

6 25

@marox said:

@AYE said:
I would like to ask Triternion to switch some servers and give us the chance to play that thing we've waited for so long. I understand that you don't want to pay for extra servers in this region, I don't share this thought but i accept it.

This has nothing to do with cost, but rather that the mode simply would not work with the low number of players in the region. MMR/rank spread would accumulate and very soon you'd be looking at rather ridiculous queue times, where only people in the 'average' rank would find any matches at all. For these low population regions, dedicated FFA duel servers work much, much better, as the entire region's population can fit into 1 or 2 servers.

its unfair if you look at the player base solely from where they are located especially for SEA.
the internet infrastructure in the entire continent of asia is not as strong as our western counter parts, certain countries although far from the epicenter of SEA do get better ping connecting to Singapore servers due to routing.

Example would be pakistan, india, bangladesh, hong kong, vietnam, philippines getting anything between 40-80 ping to SG servers and 80-150 to Taiwan/JP/KR servers despite being geographically nearer.

We even have Oceanic players from West Australia, mainly perth players who regularly play in SEA servers because routing gives them 60-80 ping while the eastern side of australia gets 250 ping to our servers.

this is why the SEA duel servers are usually alot more populated as compared to the ones located in JP/TW/CN. Its a melting pot filled with many different players from our neighboring regions who are given a '2nd choice' if they dont like to play at their home regions or if the routing is bad.

By restricting the duels to just TW servers, many of them are forced to play with 150 ping instead of 40-80.

1 3

@marox said:

@AYE said:

But FFA duel servers don't give us ranks. As a Singaporean player, the current East Asia servers in taiwan are literally unplayable at 200 ping. I'd rather get longer queue times than being unable to play ranked at all.

Why not shut down some of the official DM servers to use for ranked? They're always empty anyway, everyone's on the community servers.

6 25

@Icymountain said:

@marox said:

@AYE said:

But FFA duel servers don't give us ranks. As a Singaporean player, the current East Asia servers in taiwan are literally unplayable at 200 ping. I'd rather get longer queue times than being unable to play ranked at all.

Why not shut down some of the official DM servers to use for ranked? They're always empty anyway, everyone's on the community servers.

I would rather they use Hong Kong servers for Asia, that way atleast its better. Literally everyone except taiwanese people get bad ping in TW servers.

Knight 5 7
 .Ƹx._P.

@marox said:

@AYE said:

So, the plan is not adding ranked for SA and other regions without at least giving it a try...at ALL? Wow
Sure, having dedicated duel servers would be cool but the already small community will slowly fade due a complete lack of purpose to play the game.
From my perspective, most SA players are hanging on the game waiting for ranked servers. I'm sorry, but this is Chivalry all over again.

Edit: mispell

7 30
  • 3 Sep
 Stark

Marox just please add it, if it doesn't work that's fine its not like theres a leaderboard(if you add one just make sure to do it by region as a global rank would be pointless) atm, and its in BETA right? All this game need is MORE content, just having it would already bring more people back to try it out and maybe end up trying the new things you guys add like maps and modes.

Its really not a good thing to block regions from certain features even if justified(some people even negative the game on steam because of this, making it impossible for the region to get more players), its best to work around it and atm you cant offer us anything other than "open your own servers if you wanna play anything resembling competitive".

If in the future you allow us to open private servers with ranked modes that work, we will do it.Some of you devs came from chiv so you know how it feels getting neglected by the game(company) you love to play so much.

Knight 1269 3804
 Frise

Let us be the ones to judge whether the queue times are too long. It's better than nothing.

394 589
 smug

@marox said:

@AYE said:

He's absolutely right.

If you really want MMR, just get someone who can code to make a mmr plugin for servers. This isn't a novel idea either, and would probably work better than Trit's current implementation of ranked anyway. You already see people at the polar extremes of the MMR spectrum in the most populated regions either get queue times that suck, or they match the same pool of people over and over.

In such small communities matchmaking isn't even really needed or optimal. Matchmaking was invented for large populations of players, and quite frankly if you want to know who the best in SA is you should start holding community events.

Conscript 150 273
  • 3 Sep
 Kaiowa

@marox said:

marox.jpg

Indeed this is Chivalry all over again. Ethics aside, you'd expect even the most short-sighted devs to realize that ranked modes would be a good investment when that low-populated region gets a player boost from new content and game discounts. But screw it they already made millions.

394 589
 smug

Ethics aside, you'd expect even the most short-sighted devs to realize that ranked modes would be a good investment when that low-populated region gets a player boost from new content and game discounts. B

That literally wont happen.