Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #10 released!

47 14
  • 3 Sep '19
 Geronimo426

So now shields are a complete waste of points. The things are worthless now. I used them about 30% of time. Guess i wont use them anymore. So shields going extinct in a medieval war game is everyones idea of "skill". What am i missing here?

Baron 47 89
  • 3 Sep '19
 Tatornator

@Geronimo426 said:
So now shields are a complete waste of points. The things are worthless now. I used them about 30% of time. Guess i wont use them anymore. So shields going extinct in a medieval war game is everyones idea of "skill". What am i missing here?

good

23 10
  • 3 Sep '19
 Narkanin

@QuickStabsFastJabs said:
What about SEA and South Africa or South America servers for ranked duels?

We have communities and custom servers in these regions, even official servers but the matchmaking doesnt have the option for us SEA players. We can't play 'east asia' cause its all 120-200 pings, same with oceanic.

bruh.jpg

SE Asia is ok for people who live in singapore otherwise it’s such garbage. Need Thailand server.

17 103
  • 3 Sep '19
 XLINE

Why u bullying shield users...

1 0
  • 3 Sep '19
 Duuyte

I have been getting 'VAC check timed out' everytime I try to join a server since the #9 patch. #10 patch did not fix this, anyone had the same thing? Is there a fix to this?

4 7
  • 3 Sep '19
 Elodain

i just wanted to say that i am happy about the change in communication and patch management. you guys seem to be on a good way now. i cannot wait for the damn invasion mode, but i am happy that there is ranked now. keep up the good work :-)

1697 1292
  • 3 Sep '19
 esturias

@Elodain said:
i just wanted to say that i am happy about the change in communication and patch management. you guys seem to be on a good way now.

Ehm... which "change" are you talking about? We went from "absolutely nothing" to "something". Wait for your praises until we got enough to really judge the progress.
Right now you're calling a lotto jackpot a monthly income after hitting it once...

47 14
  • 3 Sep '19
 Geronimo426

@Tatornator said:

@Geronimo426 said:

good

well enjoy this anime fighting game going into the dumpster fire of history. Now there is one viable fighting style in this game. Grab a 2h sword or pole weapon and swing for the fences. Real deep fighting system there. This game is gonna be just like chivalry. Exploit warfare. Garbage.

34 37

These are a collection of hotfixes, not a patch. Mostly "magic number" changes. But whatever helps you sleep at night...

13 5
  • 3 Sep '19
 Turrican

Autokick should be using the damage dealt, not the kills. With only 5 TKs it's easy to be kicked. Just swing and hit some teammembers with just 0-10hp.... 50dmg dealt and autokick. Yay.

1 1
  • 3 Sep '19
 Rejden

Can you please redo the votekicking system. FIrst of all people put symbols in their names so they cant get votekicked because we have to write out their whole name. Change it to where you can right click on a player and chose votekick. And make them give a reason. I dont want to count how many times ive been kicked by trolls for no good reason and lost alot of gold and xp. thank you

1697 1292
  • 3 Sep '19
 esturias

@Turrican said:
Autokick should be using the damage dealt, not the kills. With only 5 TKs it's easy to be kicked. Just swing and hit some teammembers with just 0-10hp.... 50dmg dealt and autokick. Yay.

Well. Shit happens. But how often does that happen?
Even for me with shitty ping it's hard to teamkill 5 players per match. Not as an archer and even less so when randomly swinging a weapon around. You just need to use your eyes and brain every now and then.

@Rejden said:
Can you please redo the votekicking system. FIrst of all people put symbols in their names so they cant get votekicked because we have to write out their whole name.

Press "#" twice to fully open the console. Type "playerlist" and press ENTER. Find the name in the list and check for the short one- or two-digit number behind the name. Type "votekick [number]" and press ENTER. Tadaa!

Change it to where you can right click on a player and chose votekick. And make them give a reason. I dont want to count how many times ive been kicked by trolls for no good reason and lost alot of gold and xp. thank you

Yes, That would be nice. But first we'd need a working scoreboard, sooo... that might take a little while.

297 144
  • 3 Sep '19
 CarnifeX

@crushed said:

@equine said:
executioner did not have it's release increased by 25ms in this patch. was this a balance choice or an oversight?

Not true, it was increased

Ok
Thx for the Reply, crushed!

7 5
  • 3 Sep '19
 noodlePancake

I'm still getting the issue where I get VAC timed out and kicked every time I try to join a match. Is this something that the devs intend to fix anytime soon? In fact, is it something the devs even intend to acknowledge? Alot of people have this problem, but I don't see any sign that its being addressed. Its a real shame because this game is amazing, I would love to keep playing.

7 5
  • 3 Sep '19
 noodlePancake

yep... massive issue for me. Makes the game unplayable and completely broken. I've tried every fix I can find including reinstalling steam and Mordhau. I'm about to try completely removing steam and ALL of my games to see if that fixes it. The devs seem particularly silent on this issue but its affecting alot of people.

93 109
  • 4 Sep '19
 DefendinMyBase

Feelings on the patch.

Netcode is fucked again. Randomly jumping between 60 and 300 ping. Was stable before. Also, I think the game lies about the ping anyways. Either that or it doesn't register my parries, but there's no way I only have 50-60 ping OR sometimes parries/ripostes/general attacks just don't get registered by the game. One of the two.

Horses shouldn't be able to cap points while moving. They can driveby neutralize a point, not even capture it, but rather just to keep people from spawning. Most noticeable on Grad and Mountain due to spawns not particularly close to the point with little incentive for red to be on their point unless they're forced onto the defense.

Horse receiving damage just doesn't work sometimes. I can hit a horseman at full gallop and they take normal damage.

Shields are so bad now it's hilarious. Just remove them if you can't balance them this "hotfix" makes them worse than just wielding a Bastard Sword in one hand.

Crossroads is a lot better now but it still feels red biased due to spawn locations for the mortar, which is ridiculously hard for blue to retake because of said mortar. But in general the two middle point system is MASSIVELY superior to the other maps in flow and fairness.

Mountain and Taiga are still imbalanced lmao why even bother maps the outcome is decided 90% of the time in both cases by the color you pick. The 10% of the time a bunch of good people decide they wanna try to carry but just end up steamrolling in the opposite direction.

Grad is still the most blue biased map that Red still wins regularly in the game. Everything about the map is Blue favored except the last point, which is still harder for Red to take out than it is for Blue to take out theirs. Blue gets two ballistae, high ground, endless chokepoints, actually usable defensive walls that block traffic unlike reds that do absolutely nothing to even slow Blue down, but the catapult is both easier for Blue to use and because they ALWAYS capture the Stables first, due to massively closer spawn distance, they even have easier access to the catapult. The Catapult is only useful for Red on taking the stables, it has no good firing angles for the castle or smithery. And yet Red still wins regularly. Funny that.

53 68
  • 4 Sep '19
 ButcherGER

I have to agree that the shield nerfs seem too much. It was a nice option to make one handed weapons viable in frontline mode. That no longer seems to be the case.

Also I dont get the hate for shields. It was a nice counter to the absolutely skillless feint meta. Now I can face players spamming the feint button again. That is absolutely lame. Guess I have to return to two handed stabbing meta. In the end this means skilless spamming of feints is rewarded and less options are available. What a shame.

47 14
  • 4 Sep '19
 Geronimo426

@ButcherGER said:
I have to agree that the shield nerfs seem too much. It was a nice option to make one handed weapons viable in frontline mode. That no longer seems to be the case.

Also I dont get the hate for shields. It was a nice counter to the absolutely skillless feint meta. Now I can face players spamming the feint button again. That is absolutely lame. Guess I have to return to two handed stabbing meta. In the end this means skilless spamming of feints is rewarded and less options are available. What a shame.

Excellent comment. People always try and spin the debate that if u are in favor of sword & board being a viable fighting style that ur a noob Relying on a crutch. EVERYONE uses 2h now as its the only viable & logical choice!
Now its fient spam & morphs. So much for having a deep fighting system. What a shame indeed. Keep the shield nerfs for the people in the duel arena. They were perfect for frontlines & made for a diverse arsenal on battlefield.

13 5
  • 4 Sep '19
 Turrican

@esturias said:
Not as an archer and even less so when randomly swinging a weapon around. You just need to use your eyes and brain every now and then.

As an archer, i use friendly, so there's no problem. ;) But with the slow long-range weapons like halberd i often hit even players behind me, just because of the wide swinging...

1697 1292
  • 4 Sep '19
 esturias

@Turrican said:
As an archer, i use friendly, so there's no problem. ;) But with the slow long-range weapons like halberd i often hit even players behind me, just because of the wide swinging...

Then use friendly on those builds, too. Simples.