Mordhau

Would like explanataion on a few encounters

84 42
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhWfehE7gRo
    I notice the attack coming over the top right (my screen, so I track the tip of the weapon appropriately)
    Die instantly from full health

There is no physical way his weapon could have made contact with my head in any way

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tlVQCx4E-A

How does he KEEP the weapon on his shoulder, in a constant ready to swing state.
How tf am I supposed to read that

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kPKFS9Nek

No words
We both had good pings

(I labeled them 1, 2, 3 but for some reason it defaults all posts to "1's")

Knight 934 941
 afiNity
  1. Does indeed look bs, no idea whats going on
  2. You parried way too early and also could have chambered that
  3. Not sure but the first swing was maybe too late in the anim to connect and the second one might have been a miss
    (but probably it's ghosting)
Knight 466 909
  • 2 Sep
 wierHL

1 I got nothing
2 looks like multiple feints in very quick succession to throw you off, shitty but attacking (maybe with accel) after his 1st feint should work
3 bunch of drags, misses and mistimed parries idk

Duke 545 903
  • 2 Sep
 Goatie

Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.
Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).
Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 2 Sep
 Frise

1) Clearly a foot hit. Just watch it in slow motion.
2) He was feinting.
3) A leg hit. You were parrying while looking at the sky and he simply hit you in the legs.

76 81

Best theories I have for 1 are :

• Parry Shields have a smaller block radius. Might have went through it and a normal parry could have worked here.
  • He actually aimed at the legs and you had low armor. But, even with shields having a smaller block radius, there was no death scream.
  • Ping
Knight 7636 14013
  1. Parried too early.

2. He feinted.

3. idk, you keep jerking the camera around so much that I can't even see what he was doing, but if he dragged then you parried too early

534 286
  • 2 Sep
 Gambit
  1. Idfk

2. He turned to his right when it starts the swing so it looks like it's floating, then when you parried he feinted and acceled. He's also doing a circular motion when acceling to throw you off with the jittery swing.

3. Idk. Low framerate, I'm on my phone, and you looked a bit jittery.

38 23
 Wilkham
  1. He hitted your leg at the end of his strike. (You parried too early and looked too high).

2. Micro feinting in quick succession paired with "body feinting". (You should have chamber or kick).

3. You encounter a dude that like mobility over armor. He dragged his attack at the same time he was running to your left side, you didn't turn your camera to parry and you also parried too early, resulting him to hit you off screen while running to your left.

Sumary :

I see the panic in your gameplay too much, you often parry panic when in fact you should have gone for a more aggressive playstyle (especially on the low armor guy at the end that you could have hit like 3 times rather than trying to parry an attack you can't understand).

It's okay dude, no one was born for playing this difficult game, try to improve on yourself and play in duel server.
Personally I bought the game one week after it release, I remember being a shield newb but then I learned by myself in duel servers that shield have a low skill ceiling and that others weapons could be much more beneficial to me.

I really liked the Longsword but I prefered the Pole Axe and then I hard mained the Billhook for having a better range.
Try to find a weapon that you like or feel comfortable with, and then learn the mechanic of the game on this weapon.

I don't say you should stop play shield, when I was level 0 to 20 they helped me a lot. But now that I'm level 86 I think you should just play, have fun and be happy.

63 29
 Crumly

@Badass_Ben said:

I notice the attack coming over the top right (my screen, so I track the tip of the weapon appropriately)

There is no physical way his weapon could have made contact with my head in any way

How does he KEEP the weapon on his shoulder, in a constant ready to swing state.

No words
We both had good pings

edit, just noticed the OP was someone other than who i thought it was originally

so in #1, you did a poor job "tracking" the weapon tip, it wasn't even on your scree, it was off the right hand edge somewhere. you were aiming at his forearms. it was not coming from the top right, it was coming from below, under your sheild, it hit you in the legs, you had weak/no armor on legs.

you weren't aiming anywhere near where you needed to.

63 29
 Crumly

@Badass_Ben said:

No words
We both had good pings

unreal.

i watched the 2nd clip now, the guy chained two feints together then swung at your legs

edit

watch the third one. two of his slashes went right through you, and your stab either legit missed, he was running away from you, and your aim was a bit to the right, idk

2 direct hits went right through and 1 stab looks like it should have hit as well.

the internet screwed you guys

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@Wilkham said:

1. He hitted your leg at the end of his strike. (You parried too early and looked too high).

2. Micro feinting in quick succession paired with "body feinting". (You should have chamber or kick).

3. You encounter a dude that like mobility over armor. He dragged his attack at the same time he was running to your left side, you didn't turn your camera to parry and you also parried too early, resulting him to hit you off screen while running to your left.

Sumary :

I see the panic in your gameplay too much, you often parry panic when in fact you should have gone for a more aggressive playstyle (especially on the low armor guy at the end that you could have hit like 3 times rather than trying to parry an attack you can't understand).

It's okay dude, no one was born for playing this difficult game, try to improve on yourself and play in duel server.
Personally I bought the game one week after it release, I remember being a shield newb but then I learned by myself in duel servers that shield have a low skill ceiling and that others weapons could be much more beneficial to me.

I really liked the Longsword but I prefered the Pole Axe and then I hard mained the Billhook for having a better range.
Try to find a weapon that you like or feel comfortable with, and then learn the mechanic of the game on this weapon.

I don't say you should stop play shield, when I was level 0 to 20 they helped me a lot. But now that I'm level 86 I think you should just play, have fun and be happy.

I get panicky against opponents where basic mechanics don't seem to work
Like clip 3, that guy I was LITERALLY unable to parry ANYTHING of his, even basic stabs (I had a buddy who had a cheat in this game back when it was huge where you could NOT parry any of his attacks. Just ran through FL using a Battle Axe to lop everyone's heads off)

2nd clip, guy was doing the "hovering sword" drag technique which I will forever view as BS

Knight 1269 3804
  • 4 Sep
 Frise

@Badass_Ben said:
2nd clip, guy was doing the "hovering sword" drag technique which I will forever view as BS

that wasn't a drag tho

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@Frise said:

@Badass_Ben said:

that wasn't a drag tho

OOPS, you are right
I was thinking of another video

DERP

954 302

1st vid: Leg hit
2nd vid: Feint
3rd vid: i think that ones one of those false attacks and feigns at last seconds (i only have 200 hours so im unure)

312 241
  • 4 Sep
 LoPan

Ppl answered 2-3 already but 1 you got your leg taken off.

312 241
  • 4 Sep
 LoPan

@Antoniokontos said:
2nd vid: Feign
3rd vid: i think that ones one of those false attacks and feigns at last seconds (i only have 200 hours so im unure)

Feint not feign.

954 302

@LoPan said:

@Antoniokontos said:
2nd vid: Feign

Feint not feign.

thank you fixed =)

Knight 3135 7293
  • 7 Sep
 Punzybobo

The first one was just the game fucking you, everyone else explained the other two pretty well.