Mordhau

Dumbest Duel I have ever had

84 42
  • 2 Sep
 Badass_Ben

And before anyone is "well you are using a shield"
I whip out the bad boy anytime my opponent starts doing some dumbshit

But yeah, ALL this kid did was stab and then immediately run away
Ended up beating him (minus that one round where I would argue my stab was in range, but whatevs)

We need momentum mechanics of some sort to punish such idiotic plays

NOT Turning your back on your opponent is the #1 rule of any fight, and it should be punished respectively

46 72
  • 2 Sep
 Zeratul

You are using a shield. Why are you using a shield?

84 42
  • 2 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@Zeratul said:
You are using a shield. Why are you using a shield?

AS I SAID IN THE DESCRIPTION

I pull out a shield when my opponent starts doing dumbshit

46 72
  • 2 Sep
 Zeratul

@Badass_Ben said:

AS I SAID IN THE DESCRIPTION

I pull out a shield when my opponent starts doing dumbshit

That doesnt really convince me. I think you are a shield peasant. Go in your corner and shame yourself.

35 27
  • 2 Sep
 BossNegro

@Badass_Ben said:
NOT Turning your back on your opponent is the #1 rule of any fight, and it should be punished respectively

Isn't that actually done so by giving you the "Chase Mechanic" instantly?

Knight 934 941
  • 2 Sep
 afiNity

Just had to play against some retard with 1) running away 2) shield 3) emote spam

I got so bored of his shit that I lost because of cba

84 42
  • 2 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@afiNity said:
Just had to play against some retard with 1) running away 2) shield 3) emote spam

I got so bored of his shit that I lost because of cba

That's the point
He wanted to do stupid games

Knight 331 454

Even dumber duel: Here

Knight 1269 3804
  • 2 Sep
 Frise

You were backpedalling even when he was running away from you. You pretty much gave him a formal invitation to run around the map. He wouldn't be able to do that if you pressed Shift + W.

Knight 7671 14082

Why do you keep making threads about how bad you are? I didn't see a single riposte, which would have shut down his poor footwork pretty damn fast.

741 554
  • 2 Sep
 esturias

You won against a worse player and whined about his playstyle while using one of the most lame equipment combinations in the game. Yay,

10 2

Dodge/shield/skinny-stabby-sword guys can be hard to fight, especially in the hands of experienced players. I can understand why "Apatchi" would act like a dork in that fight. Also, you stab quite a lot, which probably frustrated him even more, pushing him to the brink of INSANITY!!! Congratulations, you cancered someone into having mental issues!

GL and Fair fights.

124 42

He won't regen stamina if he runs away. I don't see the issue. Gives you an advantage tbh.

I like how you exclusively used stabs.

Sellsword 697 2195
  • 3 Sep
 Goof

You could have easily countered the running away by sprinting and morphing your attacks for a delayed release.

But that's none of my business.

6 0
  • 3 Sep
 FrazerSan

You're using dodge, you're literally doing the same thing as him but with a perk and a shield?

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@FrazerSan said:
You're using dodge, you're literally doing the same thing as him but with a perk and a shield?

Except I don't have an issue with dodge
AND AS I SAID IN THE DESCRIPTION
My opponent starts doing dumb shit, im whipping out the shield, every time.

Dodge is a specific point investment for an ability, which is LESS trollish than this.
This, is an example of why you NEED momentum based mechanics in a game like this.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 4 Sep
 Frise

@Badass_Ben said:
This, is an example of why you NEED momentum based mechanics in a game like this.

No, you need to press W + shift. You've been told exactly how you allowed him to do this and what you could have done to prevent it. Take it and stop losing to idiotic strategies or keep whining on the forums. Simple choice really.

84 42
  • 4 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@Frise said:

@Badass_Ben said:

No, you need to press W + shift. You've been told exactly how you allowed him to do this and what you could have done to prevent it. Take it and stop losing to idiotic strategies or keep whining on the forums. Simple choice really.

I didn't lose though
And you are right, I should have just chased, WITHOUT trying to attack right away which is what he was baiting.

My point is though, it just looks dumb, and is only allowed because of poor mechanics.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 4 Sep
 Frise

@Badass_Ben said:
My point is though, it just looks dumb, and is only allowed because of poor mechanics.

It's only allowed because you're too dense to press W + Shift. Is this so hard to get? Maybe you should play another game if you're that incapable of learning.

312 241
  • 4 Sep
 LoPan

Well.... you are using a shield...