Mordhau

Complete loss of Audio behind the player

11 5
  • 1 Sep
 Ruthal

I'm not sure if it was an intended change or just a personal issue, but there is no audio at all if anything is behind me, even if it is very close. Friendly or enemy horses cannot be heard until they pass me, as well as friendly players warcries or enemy player grunts.

11 5
  • 1 Sep
 Ruthal

Here is a video of my issue:

Knight 52 63
  • 2 Sep
 Josh

I don't seem to get this issue at all, sounds seem to be pretty similar in volume if in front or behind me. I tried a lute in the test level and I definitely didn't experience what you've captured in your video, I could also hear grunts and footsteps etc behind me fine.

Could there be an issue with your audio settings in Windows (maybe it's set to surround sound but needs to be set to stereo?) If messing with Windows audio settings doesn't help then try and verify the game files/reinstall if you can, in case something's messed up with your files.

11 5
  • 2 Sep
 Ruthal

@Josh said:
I don't seem to get this issue at all, sounds seem to be pretty similar in volume if in front or behind me. I tried a lute in the test level and I definitely didn't experience what you've captured in your video, I could also hear grunts and footsteps etc behind me fine.

Could there be an issue with your audio settings in Windows (maybe it's set to surround sound but needs to be set to stereo?) If messing with Windows audio settings doesn't help then try and verify the game files/reinstall if you can, in case something's messed up with your files.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply.

I've checked my audio settings, and I appear to be running in stereo speaker settings. I remember verifying my game yesterday for a separate issue, but I will try a reinstallation and let you know if that has resolved the issue.

11 5
  • 2 Sep
 Ruthal

Fascinating. Reinstallation worked. I am surprised it resolved my issue. Thanks for the help!

11 5
  • 2 Sep
 Ruthal

@Ruthal said:
Fascinating. Reinstallation worked. I am surprised it resolved my issue. Thanks for the help!

Strangely enough the issue recurred, as well as being noticeable on every single game that I have installed on my computer. Every game I play has this issue where I cannot hear audio behind my view camera.

11 5
 Ruthal

I've resolved the issue. I had Spacial Sound turned off by mistake in the Windows context menu for audio. I'll post it here just in case anyone else seems to be struggling with the same thing.
Capture.PNG

---EDIT---

Turns out it's just a patch for my issue rather than a solution. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

9 7

I have the exact same issue starting after the recent hotfix: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/19858/positional-audio-bug-cant-hear-behind-me-after-rec/#c3

Reinstallation of the game didn't fix the problem for me either. I haven't tested any other fps games to see if they also have the issue.

179 106

I have this issue and wonder if something with the windows 10 update has done it? Win10 updated today and only had this issue today.

Knight 52 63
  • 15 Sep
 Josh

Does uninstalling this Windows update help? https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/09/12/windows-10-kb4515384-audio-issues/

Though I'm not sure if this would help for anyone who had this issue before last week.

9 7

I hate to say it but my issue just... stopped? After reinstalling drivers and the entire game did nothing I took a break for a couple days. Figured I'd play some duels where the audio bug isn't that much of a hassle and.... it was gone like it had never happened.

14 15
  • 17 Sep
 Bluhman

I've been getting this too, makes it feel like I'm dying to ghost latency instead of a legitimate zweihander blow to the back of my head.

179 106

This is so annoying, needs to be fixed asap.

Tried reinstalling the game.
Doesn't happen on other games either.

Die constantly by horses charging but can't hear them.

1119 1759

I have this issue too and I have seen a few others complain about it in the game chats.

6 2
  • 24 Sep
 Derek

fix your game mordhau devs

2 2
  • 25 Sep
 Dmo

I hate this so much.

Mercenary 1134 2082

Just chiming in to say I also have this issue. No fun dying without sound and having to look in the top right what killed me.

2 1

have the same issue, makes team fights in invasion a real pain as you can't hear behind you.

14 15
  • 28 Sep
 Bluhman

It absolutely does not occur when I'm wearing actual headphones. I'm thinking it is because it's recognizing my main speaker sound-system as some surround configuration on my Win10:
siderearspieakwhat.png
AFAIK these settings/etc still remain even if I try and set this sound system to stereo. The speakers I'm using are very old (from 2006) and are a stereo model that have a subwoofer, so because they're all analog it doesn't surprise me that Windows/Morhau doesn't necessarily recognize what kind of speakers they actually are.
Solution for Mordhau Devs would be to just add an option in the sound menu for Mono/Stereo/Surround so that it stops trying to play noise on speakers that don't exist.

6 2
  • 17 Oct
 Derek

Guys, i managed to fix t his by deleting EVERY sound driver, and reinstalling them. That should work.