Mordhau

So sheilds in ranked..

28 16

I never understood the negative hubbub about shields in the first place. While they can be frustrating to deal with at times, it's easily bypassed by morphing/feinting until they make a mistake. Or just being more mobile. Or depleting their stamina if they hide behind it 90% of the time. The only weapon/item in the game I really have any trouble with is the zwei, but that's an entirely different topic.

84 42
  • 5 Sep
 Badass_Ben

@Cracksmith said:
I never understood the negative hubbub about shields in the first place. While they can be frustrating to deal with at times, it's easily bypassed by morphing/feinting until they make a mistake. Or just being more mobile. Or depleting their stamina if they hide behind it 90% of the time. The only weapon/item in the game I really have any trouble with is the zwei, but that's an entirely different topic.

Shields are VERY weak in duels
I have honestly not lost a single match to a shield

They are most vulnerable to NON stop attacks
Combined with aggressive kicks.
Deplete their stamina and watch them melt

Too many players get hesitant
That's why I think shields actually expose the low skill level of a lot of players who 100% rely on accels and drags to beat their opponents, instead of ACTUALLY analyzing strengths and weaknesses.

Knight 1269 3804
 Frise

Shields are mostly used by mediocre players, because most good players find shields boring (as they negate the main aspect of the combat). This creates an interesting effect where mediocre players think shields are bad, because the only shield users they play against, are mediocre players themselves.

As such there's an endless influx of bad players telling veterans that shields are garbage and they don't know how to counter them, completely ignorant of how big the issue with shields is.