Mordhau

Small fps drops / stutters when in combat

3 0
  • 31 Aug
 Bilson94

Ever since upgrading my CPU from a Ryzen 1600 to a 3800x i have been getting this issue

I inconsistently get fps drops / stutters when I’m in combat , could be when I land a parry , take a hit or hit them , anything really , it probably happens about 5-15% of the time

I did get a considerable fps increase when I upgraded but I only notice in frontline because my fps is capped , but even in duel servers and now ranked duel I still get this issue

My rig is more than capable of running this game at 144hz whilst dueling (can run at 200+) but no matter what i cap my fps to it will still stutter and lose a couple fps , neither my cpu or gpu is being stressed and my old cpu would handle it fine

I’ve been trying to fix this issue for weeks and tried a lot of stuff like a fresh install of windows , updating drivers and bios , resetting nvidia settings and bios to default , overclocking CPU ,GPU and RAM

I’ve always had mordhau on SSD and I’ve tried different settings in and out of game , turning on cloth physics makes the stutters worse and my game is unplayable at high fps (180+) from constant frame skipping , windowed borderless mode is also pretty much unplayable from frequent stutters

My game runs smoothest when I use g sync + v sync in full screen (I am using a free sync monitor with g-sync compatible enabled)

So does anybody have any idea what might be going on ?

Any suggestions are appreciated , Cheers

My spec are
Ryzen 7 3800x
ROG strix 1070
Corsair vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mhz c15
ROG strix b350-f (on latest bios and have latest chipset drivers)
Seasonic g550 550w 80+ gold certified PSU
Crucial MX500 500gb internal SSD m.2 (mordhau and OS installed on)

Knight 644 987

Maybe the problem is that you are running mordhau in your browser

3 0
 Bilson94

I'm not sure what you mean by that , is that supposed to be a joke ? lol

Knight 644 987

yes because u posted in "Website & Forum Feedback"

34 26
  • 6 Sep
 BossNegro

Have you tried changing anything in your Nvidia Control Panel?

Try this "Low Latency Mode" option, set from off to Ultra. It will make it so GPU gets the frame on time in comparison to CPU.
Will put a heavier load on your GPU, which is beneficial anyway.

Also, I don't have G-Sync but I recommend you disable any kind of V-Sync and use frame limiting instead, set it to your refresh rate + 1, if you have 120hz set it to 121 or 122.

3 0
  • 6 Sep
 Bilson94

Yeh i have messed around with all kinds of settings , Low Latency Mode is really good and i use it on Ultra.

I have not tried capping fps to +1/2 of my refresh rate and will give it a go so thanks for that , i am pretty sure somethings up with my rig to be honest.

I have noticed fps drops in other games and it seems to be tied to spikes in disk usage , at least that's what i am seeing with resource monitor

102 42
  • 6 Sep
 NoYou

Disk usage prob means something is running in background, most likely windows update. Try setting background windows update bandwidth to minimum in settings. Worked for me :)