Mordhau

Firebombs completely useless?

2 2

So I understand firebombs were trollish and OP. You shouldn't be taking 12 damage per tick just by sticking your foot in the fire, but is there really a point to them now? With the current rate, you need to stand still in the fire for 7 seconds (out of the 12 seconds it's active) for it to kill you. If you sprint through them you get no more than 20 damage. I always thought the point was to entry deny, but I really don't see it doing that anymore. Thoughts?

1084 6143
  • 31 Aug
 crushed — Art

Will be adjusted soon

721 545
  • 31 Aug
 esturias

@crushed said:
Will be adjusted soon

No need to. It's fine for now. Better adjust (REDESIGN!!!) all the other AoE features of the game first...

84 134
  • 31 Aug
 IllOmens

@crushed said:
Will be adjusted soon

Can you just leave them useless please, the game is better for it.

Thanks

2 2

@esturias said:
No need to. It's fine for now. Better adjust (REDESIGN!!!) all the other AoE features of the game first...

What other AOE features are there besides catapults/trebuchets?

717 594

i think it's good the way it is — cause to use it effectively, your team just stands on the other side of the fire to "trap" their enemies in it. u actually need to make a play to use it properly now

Knight 5103 6844

@littledoge115 said:

@esturias said:

I don't even know why there are still RNG trebuchets in camp, i have yet to see people say "hey it's so cool to have trebuchets fire randomly on the battlefield, being even a danger to their own team, arguably more because usually the red team is facing towards blue side of the map so they don't see them coming unless they drop everything when they hear the horn and turn around to see where the fuckfest is going to land, man, what a blast"

721 545
  • 31 Aug
 esturias

@littledoge115 said:

Mostly catapult and mortar, the firebomb was one of them, too. Their balancing idea around all those "map usables" (including horses and balistas) is just beyond stupid. Whatever it is, it's all about instakills. That might be ok for balistas, because you can't even properly see where your arrow is going, but a stone-throwing catapult with massive AoE damage? Please...

165 98

Having smaller hit box for the firebomb projectile would be nice.

Knight 7660 14051
  • 31 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@crushed said:
Will be adjusted soon

STOP CRUSH YOU GIANT POLAK RETARD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1405 1475

@Humble Staff said:
I don't even know why there are still RNG trebuchets in camp, i have yet to see people say "hey it's so cool to have trebuchets fire randomly on the battlefield, being even a danger to their own team, arguably more because usually the red team is facing towards blue side of the map so they don't see them coming unless they drop everything when they hear the horn and turn around to see where the fuckfest is going to land, man, what a blast"

Well, it is quite atmospheric. Camp is the only map that feels like a battlefield.
Of course it's bad in a competitive setting, but Frontline in general doesn't appear to be intended as a competitive game mode.

Knight 5103 6844

Just because it's not competitive doesn't mean we should leave pointless unfun and uncontrolable stuff in there.
Anyway, while i don't like them, if i'm somehow wrong and the comunity does like it, by all means leave it there. Just saying i have seen a lot of people complain about it and i agree.