Mordhau

Instantly votekick's abused.

165 98

The new system that shows damage %.

A player on my team started to attack me, they killed me.
I respawn and they kill me again. . .
I want to play the game not go in to console and find player ID's etc doing vote kicks etc. (7 teamkills you need to do for the automated system to work)
3rd time I retaliate, kick them off of a wall, they die.

They then vote kick me, it shows I did 63% damage to them and I am kicked from the server.

clap great system.

Should just have a less lenient automated system where 3/4 tk in a match and you are kicked.

Knight 762 3295
  • 30 Aug
 Mittsies

Unfair vote-kicks happen to everyone once in awhile, but you just have to accept that's a small price to pay for having the ability to deal with blatant trolls, griefers, and cheaters. You also made a mistake by attacking him back, to be fair.

Just realize it's not a big deal, and go play on a different server.

Knight 44 55
  • 30 Aug
 Josh

There's no point retaliating to team damage now, just votekick them after they've had a few hits. It should be a lot easier in your situation since he'll be at an extremely high damage %

Of course I agree that it would be nice if there was a quicker way than the console to kick someone, like looking at them and pressing a button similar to how the mute function works.

84 134
  • 30 Aug
 IllOmens

You already get auto kicked if you accumulate 7 tk's in a match. Should be more like 5 but it's something.

14 25
  • 30 Aug
 Khakedais

TK should matter based on how frequent they happen, and how rapid your accumulation of team damage was. If you've dealt a good load of team damage in a short while, you should be automatically kicked.

165 98

@Mittsies said:
Unfair vote-kicks happen to everyone once in awhile, but you just have to accept that's a small price to pay for having the ability to deal with blatant trolls, griefers, and cheaters. You also made a mistake by attacking him back, to be fair.

Just realize it's not a big deal, and go play on a different server.

If trolls, griefers and cheaters are not doing team damage I don't see how the system makes it that much easier to remove them, I was only aware of team damage % being displayed and a 10% reduction in votes needed to pass, no other displayed stats. Engineer troll building in spawn seems to be in a safe place still.

165 98

@Josh said:
There's no point retaliating to team damage now, just votekick them after they've had a few hits. It should be a lot easier in your situation since he'll be at an extremely high damage %

Of course I agree that it would be nice if there was a quicker way than the console to kick someone, like looking at them and pressing a button similar to how the mute function works.

Yeah that's the issue, they had not spoken for me to just right click their name in chat vote kick.

It's then a case of console, console(has to be pressed twice to go full screen), playerlist, look though 64 players, find player, votekick player 23, quite a pain in the backside.

I don't know what happens with fall damage.
If you kicked someone and they then choose to walk off a cliff and die, I think you still are the one that game says caused the damage, so on the vote kick the percentage would be high even though you only did 20 dmg from a kick.

165 98

@IllOmens said:
You already get auto kicked if you accumulate 7 tk's in a match. Should be more like 5 but it's something.

7 to me says, we the devs do not play this game at all and are clueless.

Knight 762 3295
  • 31 Aug
 Mittsies

Honestly stuff like this occurs so infrequently it's not really a big deal. I understand you're salty that you got trolled hard and wrongfully votekicked, but shit happens. Just move on, find a new server. Griefers win by pissing you off, so don't let yourself get mad over it, just laugh it off and move on.

Knight 7655 14047
  • 31 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

You acted like an idiot and got punished. Next time, try taking the 5 seconds it takes to find his ID and votekicking him instead of making it look like you're the one TKing.

45 17
  • 31 Aug
 norshin

Oldest trick in the book

715 543
  • 31 Aug
 esturias

@Mittsies said:
Honestly stuff like this occurs so infrequently it's not really a big deal.

I wouldn't call every other match "infrequently".
You still have as many teamkillers and trolls as before, just the blatant ones, who join a server and start teamkilling as many players as possible, will get autobanned earlier. And votekick abuse still happens. Trolls even start votekicks at the start of a match when someone writes "damn sorry" in the chat and shows up with 40% teamdamage.

Long story short: Those are some really lazy changes which aren't helping much.

165 98

@ToLazy4Name said:
You acted like an idiot and got punished. Next time, try taking the 5 seconds it takes to find his ID and votekicking him instead of making it look like you're the one TKing.

Not everyone knows how to open the console, do player list etc a better automated system would be more useful.

One tk with catapult, vote kick, bye.
Archers does a bad shot and kills you, votekick, bye.

The system is up for easy abuse.

Knight 7655 14047
  • 31 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@bobbydigital said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Not everyone knows how to open the console, do player list etc a better automated system would be more useful.

Yes? I wasn't commenting on the implementation of the vote kick system, I was commenting on how you handled the situation.

165 98

@ToLazy4Name said:

@bobbydigital said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Yes? I wasn't commenting on the implementation of the vote kick system, I was commenting on how you handled the situation.

My original point and the point of this topic was the abuse of the system, it wasn't talking about how I reacted, which wasn't the best way I agree, even if I acted in a more mature way it doesn't fix the system at play generally.

Knight 7655 14047
  • 31 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@bobbydigital said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@bobbydigital said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

My original point and the point of this topic was the abuse of the system, it wasn't talking about how I reacted, which wasn't the best way I agree, even if I acted in a more mature way it doesn't fix the system at play generally.

literally the only objection you have in the OP is that you had to look for their ID in the console lmao