Mordhau

Am I missing something (update related)

182 110

There's no balance fixes for mountain peak, tigra, camp?

Basically mountain peak is easier for blue.
Tigra easier for blue.
Camp easier for red.

Fl matches tend to be stomps and there's still no auto balance so 32 vs 25 is still a thing. . .

Some basic things I would have expected to have gotten sorted, maybe they are there but I cannot see them.

46 17
  • 30 Aug
 norshin

They allegedly removed movespeed penalty for carrying explosives to the siege towers which, helps blue. I don't think it will change much but we'll see.

By the way, Taiga is not easier for blue.

182 110

I have never seen blue get spawn camped on Tigra, it happens to Reds often.

Bottled necked spawn for reds, only 2 routes which a few firebombs block off.

Also since blue doesn't spawn in the mines anymore, more of them are closer to the middle point so easier to take it when the match starts.

Mercenary 86 109
  • 30 Aug
 VCliff

The chokes on Taigas 1 Red Cap point and on MP Red Base need to go, 100% certain the Devs are aware of that and going to fix it in the next 2 patches. Crossroads was in the focus here because it was unfinished to begin with and just a bloody mess in general. I also feel the Camp on Taiga is a bit too hard to cap from either side, spawn reinforcments come very quickly and dont really split up that much.

At some point we need Autobalance for Team Matches and a better Comback mechanic for FL.

182 110

Without the map fixes the game is still a bit pile of dung. Same old crap of one sided FL stomps.

Mountain bike is still full of places engineers can set up a ballista base and sniper reds in the spawn.

Useless patch for fl it seems.

957 306

ive never seen blue win Taiga i always thought that was the red Mountain peak

181 165
  • 1 Sep
 Unlikely

I've been playing Frontline on various maps since the patch. Haven't seen ANY one-sided stomps.

182 110

@Antoniokontos said:

I think you should see an optician then.

182 110

@Unlikely said:
I've been playing Frontline on various maps since the patch. Haven't seen ANY one-sided stomps.

All off what, 24 hours.
There's not been any structural changes to the map designs (apart from crossroads which I don't play) so why would it be any better?
Red on Tigra and Mountain peak have spawns that are terrible bottlenecks.

Red on camp have better mid defence structures, more useful ballista, easier to use ammo crate and a catapult.

181 165
  • 1 Sep
 Unlikely

I didn't say it was a big data set. :) Just that I've played since the patch, and haven't observed what you are saying is the norm. Either I'm very lucky or the norm has changed. The latter seems more likely.

In particular I played a match on Mountain Peak in which the teams stayed within 20 points of each other the whole game.

And if you haven't played on the new Crossroads you should do yourself a favor and try it, rather than just listening to second hand rumors. It's fundamentally different.

957 306

@bobbydigital said:

@Antoniokontos said:

I think you should see an optician then.

probably im getting close to 70 and havent had my eyes checked sinc 2007

85 98

It's Taiga, not Tigra.

Devs never said anything about map balance being in this patch. Not sure if they will go through the other maps in the following patches, but in the meantime, tell them where's the problem with them.

10 2

Hiya, mate.
The game is still in a relatively early stage in development, however the maps are constantly becoming more balanced. Just take a look at the new crossroads! Even if you feel a map is a complete CF, just fight hard and make those (Insert least favorite team color here) bastards pay for their crimes against the king! The map will definitely be fixed in a quick fashion if it is not up to par. The devs are probably furiously smashing matrix codes into their keyboards as we speak.

GL and Fair Fights

182 110

I have like 2000 hours with SDK, I made and edited loads of maps for Counter Strike, didn't take long to alter things, expected things to be sharpish with this game in that regards but I have little time with UE4 mapping but it actually looks more simple than SDK (Valve Hammer Editor)

Somethings are obvious, like the bottleneck spawns.

This is mountain peak, you spawn with engineers in this location, they are shooting fish in a barrel basically.
Taiga is just the same issue for reds, only 2 routes to get to the point, one is though a small building (bottleneck) and the other down a hill which is another bottleneck. Would like a few hours to fix and could even open a test server with the altered maps before publishing them.

pop.jpg

85 98

@bobbydigital said:
I have like 2000 hours with SDK, I made and edited loads of maps for Counter Strike, didn't take long to alter things, expected things to be sharpish with this game in that regards but I have little time with UE4 mapping but it actually looks more simple than SDK (Valve Hammer Editor)

Out of topic but, as someone that made some maps in TF2, how different UE4 is compared to Hammer ?

Knight 936 950
  • 3 Sep
 afiNity

@Quenquentthebabysitter said:

@bobbydigital said:

Out of topic but, as someone that made some maps in TF2, how different UE4 is compared to Hammer ?

Very. You can look up HammUEr though

Knight 40 34

If people would quit stopping at the first objective to get ez points on red on taiga then it would be more balanced. The distances are about the same from main spawn to main spawn. In short...do what i do and dont go for the easy first cap and run straight to camp and you will see what i mean. I always end up either beating any blue to the point or getting their just as they are getting there so its a lot more simple than you think. Camp and mountain peak is all in your head on another note. I have won countless time as blue on camp with my team and vise versa on mountain peak on red. Its allll in your head.

124 44

@bobbydigital said:
I have never seen blue get spawn camped on Tigra, it happens to Reds often.

Bottled necked spawn for reds, only 2 routes which a few firebombs block off.

Also since blue doesn't spawn in the mines anymore, more of them are closer to the middle point so easier to take it when the match starts.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a Taiga match where blue didn't take the middle point first. It's incredibly imba.

@NightmaretoRemember said:
If people would quit stopping at the first objective to get ez points on red on taiga then it would be more balanced. The distances are about the same from main spawn to main spawn. In short...do what i do and dont go for the easy first cap and run straight to camp and you will see what i mean. I always end up either beating any blue to the point or getting their just as they are getting there so its a lot more simple than you think. Camp and mountain peak is all in your head on another note. I have won countless time as blue on camp with my team and vise versa on mountain peak on red. Its allll in your head.

It's a fact that, when Red gets trapped in their spawn camp, it's almost impossible to break out. If the blue team reaches the red base even once is GG, even if red breaks out it'll be too late to win. Blue has an open spawn and they can beat back the red team easily. Blue also has better spawn points on the rest of the map. They really need to fix this issue. The only way red team can win is if the blue team sucks.

182 110

@Quenquentthebabysitter said:

@bobbydigital said:

For me the biggest difference is you can "play" the map in the editor to see how things are, shadows and lighting are shown in the editor and terrain is much easier to create in ue. Editing something in hammer than having to compile it at 100% cpu for god knows how long just to see how it looks, is what I remember.

I did ZM & ZE maps, optimistation, fixing balance, leaks & some compile times were hours.