Mordhau

Another arbitrary nerf: 3 points for flesh wound? ,_,

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

Here devs go again with another arbitrary nerf. Literally NO ONE was complaining about this being OP, some people even find it useless in place of armor, or a usable, or a better weapon. You already waste 2 points that could have been used on better armor or something valuable.
It was a meme perk at best, WHY nerf flesh wound by making it even more expensive?

Edit: Tolazy4name is probably going to come in here with some stupid ass excuse why it was a good idea to nerf flesh wound, and tell me I'm wrong, with some backwards logic.

Knight 7768 14309
  • 30 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

"meme perk"

it increased your HTK by 1 (unless brought to 0 by a headshot), that's not a meme perk lmao

also nice 6 edits and being mad enough to mention me before I even get here

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

Do you even use the damn perk seriously, not on a troll character? in frontline? A lot of things offer 1 more HTK, shields, smoke grenades, better armor, items or perks that heal. etc.
Thanks for being predictable, mate, thanks for proving my point, and making my prediction come true.

Mercenary 179 612
  • 30 Aug '19
 Stauxie

Fleshwound literally made the game worse and didn't bring anything positive to the game except for le funni black knight roleplay. Anti-clutch, anti-fun, etc.

"Nobody was complaining" is anecdotal and doesn't actually address any problems.

2 pts is absolutely nothing when fleshwound is the only perk that can literally decide games and have done so in multiple tourneys and scrims. If it were up to me I would directly nerf the perk even more by adding speed debuff of like 80% when your leg gets cut off, making blunt weapons and stabs be able to dismember, and if no body parts are dismembered reduce the time of fleshwound to 3 seconds, because 5 seconds of full damage potential is just stupid.

It's literally a perk the rewards the worse player. That is poor game design and doesn't deserve to be in competitive at all.

None of these points apply for casual, thats probably why you think it was arbitrary.

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

@Stauxie said:
Fleshwound literally made the game worse and didn't bring anything positive to the game except for le funni black knight roleplay. Anti-clutch, anti-fun, etc.

"Nobody was complaining" is anecdotal and doesn't actually address any problems.

2 pts is absolutely nothing when fleshwound is the only perk that can literally decide games and have done so in multiple tourneys and scrims. If it were up to me I would directly nerf the perk even more by adding speed debuff of like 80% when your leg gets cut off, making blunt weapons and stabs be able to dismember, and if no body parts are dismembered reduce the time of fleshwound to 3 seconds, because 5 seconds of full damage potential is just stupid.

It's literally a perk the rewards the worse player. That is poor game design and doesn't deserve to be in competitive at all.

None of these points apply for casual, thats probably why you think it was arbitrary.

Be 100% honest, do you even use the perk in frontline? WILL you use the perk at a cost of 3 points? this is THREE points that could have been used better elsewhere. If you don't use it, then it is obviously not OP. and IF it was OP in duel, is it so hard to just parry the guy for 5 seconds while he dies?

Do you, and would you use it at 3 points in skirmish when you could use something better?

People are whining to nerf shit that wasn't OP in the first place.

Knight 7768 14309
  • 30 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Christian2222 said:
Do you even use the damn perk seriously, not on a troll character? in frontline? A lot of things offer 1 more HTK, shields, smoke grenades, better armor, items or perks that heal. etc.
Thanks for being predictable, mate, thanks for proving my point, and making my prediction come true.

Yeah, and those things can be used in conjunction with flesh wound, it's not a choice that you have to make lmao even with this change to make it 3 points it's still obnoxious

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

Yeah, and those things can be used in conjunction with flesh wound, it's not a choice that you have to make lmao even with this change to make it 3 points it's still obnoxious

"obnoxious" to play against but do YOU use it? and WILL you use it at 3 points?

Knight 7768 14309
  • 30 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

yes you weirdo why the hell are you so insistent on this question the perk is retarded useful

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

yes you weirdo why the hell are you so insistent on this question the perk is retarded useful

Lots of things are 'retarded useful' you don't see them increasing the point value of everything by 1!

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

Lots of things are 'retarded useful' you don't see them increasing the point value of everything by 1!

Let me rephrase the question, would you have a tier 3 helmet, or no helmet and flesh wound?

1749 1793
  • 30 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Christian2222 said:

Quality shitpost.

Knight 7768 14309
  • 30 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

Yeah, probably because those things don't need to be changed and have point costs relative to their usefulness lmao why are you so angry about this change

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

Well I agree, flesh wound had a point cost relative to it's usefulness too, and did not need this arbitrary increase!

Answer the helmet questions, sir!

530 281
  • 30 Aug '19
 Christian2222

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Christian2222 said:

Quality shitpost.

You again, do you EVER say anything relevant? at least my shitposts make a point, yours are pure non-contributing shitposts.
You, same questions, helmet or flesh wound?

Knight 7768 14309
  • 30 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Christian2222 said:

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Christian2222 said:

Let me rephrase the question, would you have a tier 3 helmet, or no helmet and flesh wound?

I'd use a tier 3 helmet, but I don't run setups where that's a choice I have to make in the first place. I'd run t2 helmet and flesh wound, or i'd actually just run t3 and flesh wound. You can sacrifice things elsewhere.

1749 1793
  • 30 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Christian2222 said:
You again, do you EVER say anything relevant? at least my shitposts make a point, yours are pure non-contributing shitposts.
You, same questions, helmet or flesh wound?

Yes.
I don't like Flesh Wound. I usually take a T2 helmet. Flesh Wound is annoying and loud. Wouldn't use it even if it was free. I'm not tryhard who takes this game seriously - especially not on Frontline. All that doesn't mean it's weak though.

Knight 78 97
  • 30 Aug '19
 Josh

Imagine Flesh Wound as a piece of armour that always adds 1 HTK in these circumstances:

• Hit in the legs
  • Hit in the torso, but not the arms
  • Hit in the left arm while using a 1 handed weapon

A lot of armour pieces don't add more HTK against a lot of weapons when you upgrade them in these circumstances, but Flesh Wound does. You are still a threat during the 5 second timer and can do a lot of damage in that time, if you get down to zero stamina during this time (as long as you're not purely wasting it) then you've reached the point where you would most certainly have been killed anyway if you weren't using Flesh Wound.

You also get the speed boost from lower armour if you're using it to replace armour pieces. There's a good reason so many players use it in competitive matches.

It's true that it's less useful in frontline, this nerf is probably a result of trying to balance it for competitive game modes, but frankly I think it would be better if competitive events just banned the perk from being used.

Duke 553 939
  • 31 Aug '19
 Goatie

If you can't see why fleshwound was an issue then I suggest you stick to your Frontline safe zone. It was actively ruining competitive.

154 226
  • 31 Aug '19
 Shitscrubber64

It's no longer a perk you slap on any good build. It's actually situational now as all perks should be.

To answer your "Helmet or Flesh Wound???" question:

• Helmet for heavy armor builds
  • Flesh Wound for light armor builds

Flesh Wound doesn't slow you down and since half the weapons normally one-shot you at very light armor you effectively doubled your HTK with just 3 points.

33 72
  • 31 Aug '19
 Six_Blasters

@Shitscrubber64 said:
It's no longer a perk you slap on any good build. It's actually situational now as all perks should be.

Except, of course, in ranked. In ranked its a must have for any build.