Mordhau

Patch #09 Changelog 30/08/2019

5 6

@Shitscrubber64 said:
Undo the horse respawn buff and then it's perfect. I can understand being worried about horses becoming useless after so many nerfs in one patch that you felt you had to compensate but Frontline is now an even bigger horsefest than before.

Just take a spear, is it really that hard?

394 589
  • 30 Aug
 smug

Eveningstar strike combo 25ms faster

April Fools?

Added new dynamic feint lockout distribution based on feint time - this will make early feints slightly more punishable while making late feint followup attacks more reliable to hit and less prone to get double parried. Currently has only a very small effect, adds

You probably just killed the game for casuals

All armory weapons strike and stab releases reduced 25ms - this will make attack releases slightly faster and more grounded/less floaty looking

You want to encourage an even more accel meta in a game that sucks if you have over 70 ping? Why? Did you just accept that drags will always look retarded as fuck? Is this the animation fix you talked about? Seriously PRIOR to this patch I reckon 70% of the hits people got on eachother were literally fucked up accels due to latency issues.

Knight 925 2541
  • 30 Aug
 Pred

@Straton said:
Is this nerf really justified?

Poleaxe stab headshot damage vs plate helmet reduced to 45 (from 50)

Poleaxe - 3 HTK on T3 head
Dagger, Cleaver - 3 HTK on T3 torso

14 25
  • 30 Aug
 Khakedais

Most of these balance changes are extremely questionable. Decreasing the parry window I can understand, but a global decrease in release time? The battleaxe is so broken now. It already was faster than Sonic, and now it's lightning quickj. And the poleaxe - the added reach was needed but 3htk on head is an absolute joke.

Seriously worried about the development of this game now.

1 0
  • 30 Aug
 волк

Some of these are pretty dumb ngl.

47 25
  • 30 Aug
 Digganob

@Punzybobo said:
What the fuck is this fucking dogshit.

All armory weapons strike and stab releases reduced 25ms - this will make attack releases slightly faster and more grounded/less floaty looking
Parry window reduced 25ms (this is mainly compensation for the new releases)
Chamber window for strike and stab reduced 50ms
Stab early release increased slightly (0.325 -> 0.35) - this will make stabs hit slightly slower out of the early release animation, making them slightly easier to read
Stabs now have 25ms smaller feint and morph windows than strikes
Combo feint window increased 100ms
Hitstop recovery is now 50ms faster (hitstop followup attacks can be started 50ms faster)
Added new dynamic feint lockout distribution based on feint time - this will make early feints slightly more punishable while making late feint followup attacks more reliable to hit and less prone to get double parried. Currently has only a very small effect, adds 25ms at the earliest feint and shaves off 25ms at the latest.
Morph to kick is now 25ms faster

They're experiencing with balance so they can improve their game ya little bitch. You can argue if it's bad or not but this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for -

47 25
  • 30 Aug
 Digganob

@Punzybobo said:
What the fuck is this fucking dogshit.

Chamber window for strike and stab reduced 50ms
Stab early release increased slightly (0.325 -> 0.35) - this will make stabs hit slightly slower out of the early release animation, making them slightly easier to read
Stabs now have 25ms smaller feint and morph windows than strikes
Combo feint window increased 100ms
Hitstop recovery is now 50ms faster (hitstop followup attacks can be started 50ms faster)
Added new dynamic feint lockout distribution based on feint time - this will make early feints slightly more punishable while making late feint followup attacks more reliable to hit and less prone to get double parried. Currently has only a very small effect, adds 25ms at the earliest feint and shaves off 25ms at the latest.
Morph to kick is now 25ms faster

They're experiencing with balance so they can improve their game ya little bitch. You can argue if it's bad or not but this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for - actual changes. If they don't make big changes the game will fall into the same state as chivalry.

1 0
  • 31 Aug
 clawshi

I didn't see if this was fixed. Does anyone know if the glitch where people can walk above the map and shoot down ballistas fixed?

edit: There was a ton of updates made and I really appreciate all the hardwork the devs are doing for this game. I enjoy playing very much so thank you! I am grateful for the changes you guys have made and look forward to adapting to whats new in this game. Keep up the great work guys. Thank you again <3

-Clawshi

3 0
  • 31 Aug
 Measxe

epic fucking shit 10/10

1 0

Nice Update 7/10

6 2
  • 31 Aug
 tukuai

Asia cannot rank mode

1 0
  • 31 Aug
 StodOne

You should add flourish count for votekick that we can use on duel servers lol

Mercenary 1119 2040

thanks i hate it

9 4
  • 31 Aug
 gReMLiN1804

greetings,

i think a few numbers got scrambled.
OR just the correct numbers were not put into the advanced weapon tab ingame.
Is the data on the advanced tab ingame actually the correct value or is that just "display"?

No release reduction:
Dagger strike
Short Sword strike
Quarterstaff alt-strike

Incorrect release reduction:
Shortspear strike: 50 instead of 25
Shortspear stab: 50 instead of 25
Spear strike: 50 instead of 25

for glooooorrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Knight 1 0

@gReMLiN1804 said:
greetings,

i think a few numbers got scrambled.
OR just the correct numbers were not put into the advanced weapon tab ingame.
Is the data on the advanced tab ingame actually the correct value or is that just "display"?

No release reduction:
Dagger strike
Short Sword strike
Quarterstaff alt-strike

Incorrect release reduction:
Shortspear strike: 50 instead of 25
Shortspear stab: 50 instead of 25
Spear strike: 50 instead of 25

for glooooorrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

There is also the Mace slash release that went from 525ms to 450ms, that -75ms ! that's a vey big change to that weapon, and it wasn't mentioned in the notes :/
I wonder if that was intended.

9 4
  • 31 Aug
 gReMLiN1804

havent played a single ranked duel yet, but just from watching i suggest to go from BO9 to BO5...
BO9 already feels tedious by just looking at it.
BO5 should be enough to "iron out" the flukes and make it skillbased.

37 49
  • 31 Aug
 Deckard112

still no Cloth Animation not working Fix :(

Come one guys...

1 0
  • 1 Sep
 Fyasko

@Jax said:

Combat
Fixed crouch hitbox “iframe” bug
> Chamber window for strike and stab reduced 50ms

Woah can we seriously talk about this? Chambering was already extremely difficult from having to judge which over/side/under/stab ATOP the user dragging or accelerating it, speeding up all the weapons and making the chamber window 50ms shorter seems extremely harsh, it was already incredibly risky to chamber and most people i've encountered rely on parries because of it, yet it's been made harder?

94 217

@Fyasko said:

@Jax said:

Combat
Fixed crouch hitbox “iframe” bug
> Chamber window for strike and stab reduced 50ms

Woah can we seriously talk about this? Chambering was already extremely difficult from having to judge which over/side/under/stab ATOP the user dragging or accelerating it, speeding up all the weapons and making the chamber window 50ms shorter seems extremely harsh, it was already incredibly risky to chamber and most people i've encountered rely on parries because of it, yet it's been made harder?

Nope. Once you play the game for about 100 or so hours, you learn to chamber pretty effectively, and that ability granted you a pretty solid defence. Going for a chamber meant you could still have the safety of an FTP. The increased difficulty of chambers is well wrought.