Mordhau

Oh lordy do I feel mortified right now...

58 129
  • 28 Aug '19
 Quadsword

I've spent months bitching out the developers, specifically how bad the servers in the US were, throw ridiculous amounts of shade on them and probably dissuading at least a few people from buying. You know what I just discovered?

The region in my fucking Steam settings was set to a state more than 1,000 miles from my house. I don't know how - maybe it got reset after a Steam client update or something. Changed it to US - Columbus which is less than half the distance... my ping is half of what it was before and I'm no longer losing packets anywhere near as badly as before (it still happens but it doesn't break the game like it did before).

I'm just gonna go bash my head against the wall for a few hours and then throw my computer in the garbage. Clearly I'm too stupid to be messing with this stuff. For god's sake, I'm majoring in computer science right now and yet I couldn't think to do something as basic as check my region settings. All those stupid fucking rants because I was too much of a moron to do the equivalent of checking if my device was on. I'm just gonna delete my forum account while I'm at it. I've made you all listen to my stupidity for too long. Holy fuck am I embarrassed.

Knight 609 2035
  • 28 Aug '19
 LuxCandidus

It is alright. Most people would have lacked the maturity to admit to making such a mistake in the first place. And computer science is all about being able to accomplish mindblowing tasks such as writing neural networks, while simultaneously failing at basic tasks like realising the PC won't turn on because the power supply has not been turned on.

Knight 5259 7070
  • 28 Aug '19
 Humble Staff

Welp, this looks like the happy ending of a kids show episode.
All i can say is massive respect for admiting your mistake and kind of apologizing after all the ranting and like what? Ten threads hating on the devs? Now please redirect your anger to a worthy cause.

1745 1783
  • 28 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

That shouldn't make a difference. That's Diablo 3 auction house kind of shit.

Knight 5259 7070
  • 28 Aug '19
 Humble Staff

What's diablo 3 auction house?

1745 1783
  • 28 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

Diablo 3 had an auction house where you could buy and sell gear. There was a version with in-game currency and a version with real money. The auction house used your local time. So if you changed your local time you could modify the duration of auctions.

Found this video showing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXLQ3vLpDe4

162 62
  • 28 Aug '19
 CarnifeX

@Quadsword said:
I've spent months bitching out the developers, specifically how bad the servers in the US were, throw ridiculous amounts of shade on them and probably dissuading at least a few people from buying. You know what I just discovered?

The region in my fucking Steam settings was set to a state more than 1,000 miles from my house. I don't know how - maybe it got reset after a Steam client update or something. Changed it to US - Columbus which is less than half the distance... my ping is half of what it was before and I'm no longer losing packets anywhere near as badly as before (it still happens but it doesn't break the game like it did before).

I'm just gonna go bash my head against the wall for a few hours and then throw my computer in the garbage. Clearly I'm too stupid to be messing with this stuff. For god's sake, I'm majoring in computer science right now and yet I couldn't think to do something as basic as check my region settings. All those stupid fucking rants because I was too much of a moron to do the equivalent of checking if my device was on. I'm just gonna delete my forum account while I'm at it. I've made you all listen to my stupidity for too long. Holy fuck am I embarrassed.

All i can find is the Shop-Region and the Download-Region in Steam,
and i would say both are not relevant to any Issues with In-Game Ping/Connection?!

So..., could you enlight me where you 'exactly' changed your Region?

1215 885
  • 28 Aug '19
 esturias

Kudos for admitting a possible mistake and all... but does it really make a difference?
(edit: I mean changing those steam settings, not admitting a mistake.)

Knight 7768 14309
  • 28 Aug '19
 ToLazy4Name

if you act stupid but then admit you're acting stupid then you are no longer acting stupid

congratulations on no longer being stupid

312 244
  • 28 Aug '19
 LoPan

Takes a man to admit his mistakes. Hats off to you sir.

However I would recommend using the server browser instead of matchmaking tbh. I do this with all games that allow it. Matchmaking in most pc games seem inherently flawed.

1449 4045
367 341
  • 28 Aug '19
 Peacerer

GG for trolling. And ppl don't even get it.