Mordhau

Can this guy please be banned.

3 0
  • 26 Aug
 neigh

20190826183210_1.jpg

20190826183224_1.jpg

20190826183251_1.jpg

Can this guy please be banned, I have seen him in multiple games, all he does is run around naked with an executioners sword and TK. If you complain about him in chat he initiates a votekick against you to try to get you kicked.

I in no way mean to imply I am not toxic or stupid online, but I definitely don't run around tk'ing. I actually think this is his day job considering how many times i've run into him. I get in arguments and stuff like everyone else but this is stupid.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198970347460/

That is his steam profile. Hopefully he can be prevented from connecting to dev servers.

Conscript 651 1456
  • 27 Aug
 ohshitsorry

Just gonna go report you on forums

Conscript 651 1456
  • 27 Aug
 ohshitsorry

absolute loser

604 475
  • 27 Aug
 esturias

And you think that posting this openly on the forums will help?

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 27 Aug
 Sir Zombie

Bloody love these posts, complain about a game breaking rules while breaking the rules

3 0
  • 27 Aug
 neigh

Sir Zombie, half right. Some rules completely are not on the same level. For example, someone toxic vs a hacker. Like if someone was hacking and a tker reported them, then the hacker is worse because thats more egregious. As if to report someone you must be pure. Both are problems, I think name calling is one of the smallest problems in the games, considering you can mute people. You can't prevent someone from tking you other than by not playing the game, which is counter intuitive.

To Esturias. I actually didn't know what to do, I have no clue if it will help or not. I'm still new to the game and I don't know what measures the devs have in place for griefers. For example, in Dota 2, they make you go into low priority, or they ban you.

Count 34 43
  • 27 Aug
 Random428

@neigh said:
Sir Zombie, half right. Some rules completely are not on the same level. For example, someone toxic vs a hacker. Like if someone was hacking and a tker reported them, then the hacker is worse because thats more egregious. As if to report someone you must be pure. Both are problems, I think name calling is one of the smallest problems in the games, considering you can mute people. You can't prevent someone from tking you other than by not playing the game, which is counter intuitive.

To Esturias. I actually didn't know what to do, I have no clue if it will help or not. I'm still new to the game and I don't know what measures the devs have in place for griefers. For example, in Dota 2, they make you go into low priority, or they ban you.

If people are spawn blocking or griefing in other ways, the best thing to do is record some video of them while they're breaking the rules and before the video ends, open up the scoreboard to show that it's on an official server and then open up the console with two key-presses so it's full size and type "playerlist". Then you can end the video.

The playerlist command shows all the Steam IDs of the players in the game so the mods can match the griefer to their Steam account. (Screenshots could be faked or it could be another player with the same name, etc, so a mod couldn't take action just with images.)

Then you can give the video to the mods in private chat over the official discord and a well made video with all the evidence should be enough for a ban.

3 0
  • 28 Aug
 neigh

@Random428 said:

@neigh said:

If people are spawn blocking or griefing in other ways, the best thing to do is record some video of them while they're breaking the rules and before the video ends, open up the scoreboard to show that it's on an official server and then open up the console with two key-presses so it's full size and type "playerlist". Then you can end the video.

The playerlist command shows all the Steam IDs of the players in the game so the mods can match the griefer to their Steam account. (Screenshots could be faked or it could be another player with the same name, etc, so a mod couldn't take action just with images.)

Then you can give the video to the mods in private chat over the official discord and a well made video with all the evidence should be enough for a ban.

Thank you for your help, I really don't know how to video record, I think windows 10 has some settings though... Thanks again.

1339 1396

@neigh said:

Unfortunately that's all just speculation because we still have no guidelines or commented precedents.

Count 34 43
  • 28 Aug
 Random428

@neigh said:

@Random428 said:

@neigh said:

Thank you for your help, I really don't know how to video record, I think windows 10 has some settings though... Thanks again.

Don't use anything from Windows 10. Your graphics card will have free software to record videos and will also have a DVR function where it records continuously in the background and you can hit a hot-key to record the last 2 minutes (or whatever time you want) so you don't miss anything. It's free and doesn't use much of the computer's resources compared to 3rd party recorder software.

If you have nVidia, get their free software ShadowPlay and enable the Instant Replay mode:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay/

If you have an AMD card, use ReLive:
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-relive

If you're running on integrated graphics... yikes.

If you have a video which is too long, I use this free program to trim the video without losing quality:
https://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/avi-trimmer-mkv/

(Edit: in the past I've tried other 3rd party recorders like Action and they halved my framerate. I have an AMD card and ReLive barely changes my framerate by comparison.)

178 165
  • 29 Aug
 Unlikely

This shouldn't be a burden on the player who was TK'd, but it is because basic information like "X team killed Y" is not logged on the server side. That's a designed-in problem.

Most of the information you currently need to collect, should be in server logs. I should be able to press a button in game and say, please open a ticket on player X for this reason. Admins should be able to investigate your complaint with just the name of the server and the time.

31 13

We have reports on him, will be banned soon

57 17
  • 3 Sep
 lordlemon

@esturias said:
And you think that posting this openly on the forums will help?

it did