Mordhau

[Youtube] Helpful tips - input / control / keybind setup

8 4
  • 25 Aug
 gReMLiN1804

Greetings!

I think the learning curve and skill-/experiance-gap for newer players is the biggest issue currently for Mordhau. This is my attempt to help newer players to close this gap as best as possible.

This will be a series of videos about specific topics. This first one is about the input/control setup. Timing and reaction times are very crucial at Mordhau, so I dedicated a quite longer video on it. The following topics will most probably be a lot shorter and better "digestable".

If this helped you out, then I appreciate a like.
If not, then I appreciate constructive feedback. =)

CU on the Battlefield!
ALL TOGETHER... FOR GLOOOOOOORYYYYYY!!!

2 5
  • 25 Aug
 Yomohofo

Heya :) I watched your vid, it was good for a beginner, well done!

I noticed you talked about "Q" for feint, and wanting it on your mouse really... Well! You can do that!

There is an option in the keybinds, you have to unbind parry and unbind feint first... then you bind your right mouse button to "Feint or parry" and there you go, right mouse button will now parry unless you are making an attack...in which case it will feint!

8 4

thank you for the feedback. =)
yup, true. and i tested the feint+parry. Klean seemed to love it.
for me it just goes against the hectic nature of mordhau combat. at least i accidently parry with it regularly. hence i suggest against it, but leave it to the viewer discretion. =)

102 42
  • 26 Aug
 NoYou

What in-game sensitivity and dpi do you use? I use 0.5 in-game with 1500 dpi and a lot of the time i miss my stabs because I either turn too much or turn too little.

8 4
  • 26 Aug
 gReMLiN1804

ingame sens is 0.5ish as well. the ratio for the y-axis is not the same as for the x-axis, so i have it on different values.
dpi is 1000.

though that does not mean anything really. your possible turnrate gets capped during your swing (windup and release).

so your sensitivity is really just about what is comfy for you, when you do not swing your weapon.

102 42
  • 26 Aug
 NoYou

@gReMLiN1804 said:
ingame sens is 0.5ish as well. the ratio for the y-axis is not the same as for the x-axis, so i have it on different values.
dpi is 1000.

though that does not mean anything really. your possible turnrate gets capped during your swing (windup and release).

so your sensitivity is really just about what is comfy for you, when you do not swing your weapon.

Thx, I’ll give your sensitivity a try. Shouldn’t be hard since 1000dpi is the next lowest setting on my mouse anyway.