Mordhau

Ranked players should be allow to refuse playing against 1st or 3rd.

49 44

We all know how the 3rd view gives you a massive advantage in duel and how you can exploit animations, or you can still look at your oppenant blade without facing him once. I'm affraid that the ranked games will be ruined by that and that we will all have to end up using the 3rd in order to perform at maximum level.

Therefore there should be an option that allow players to be able to play in ranked only against people with 1st or 3rd if they want to.

It would be like :

Ranked Matchmaking :

• Optional :
    □ Only 1st view duel
    □ Only 3rd view duel

[ R E A D Y ]

3 1
  • 22 Aug
 Surfaced

Or option C:
□ Manly duels with both views

Seriously, theres no real advantage to 3p in a duel. In front line, sure, you can get a small advantage in certain scenarios. But honestly, 1p is and will be proven superior in duels. You can exploit animations EXACTLY the same in either view, but guess what, those animations are easier to get a read on in 1p. And if you're staring strictly at your opponents weapon and ignoring their hands/feet you deserve to lose regardless of view,.

Knight 44 55
  • 22 Aug
 Josh

Having a high FoV is a way bigger advantage vs a low FoV than being 3rd vs 1st person (frankly the camera angle of 3rd person makes it a disadvantage against enemies directly in front of you). So if we're worried about advantages then we should be able to avoid players using a different FoV or aspect ratio.

I highly doubt they want to split the community by these kinds of things as soon as ranked is released, it'll reduce the pool of players that you can match with, which could be disastrous depending on how many people actually use each option.

1st and 3rd person each have their advantages/disadvantages and I wouldn't say either is strictly better at this stage, having a ranked matchmaking where both is allowed will probably be the best way to find out if one is strictly superior, so it's best to wait and see what happens.

Knight 761 3292
  • 23 Aug
 Mittsies

@Josh said:
Having a high FoV is a way bigger advantage vs a low FoV than being 3rd vs 1st person (frankly the camera angle of 3rd person makes it a disadvantage against enemies directly in front of you). So if we're worried about advantages then we should be able to avoid players using a different FoV or aspect ratio.

I highly doubt they want to split the community by these kinds of things as soon as ranked is released, it'll reduce the pool of players that you can match with, which could be disastrous depending on how many people actually use each option.

1st and 3rd person each have their advantages/disadvantages and I wouldn't say either is strictly better at this stage, having a ranked matchmaking where both is allowed will probably be the best way to find out if one is strictly superior, so it's best to wait and see what happens.

Alright listen up, buster.
Lemme just stop you there, champ: because you've entered LOGICAL FALLACY territory.
That right there, my man, is a FALSE EQUIVALENCE.
Stay hydrated, chief.

49 44

@Surfaced said:
Or option C:

C option already exist, just don't check any of the both boxes, duh.

Seriously, theres no real advantage to 3p in a duel.

Uhm hahahaha.

Being in 3rd allow you to not take swings you would in 1st view. You don't need to follow your oppenant's weapon since it's always in your field of view. You can dodge swings way more easily and you never get blocked by any obstacles because you have eyes in your back.

In chivalry, you didn't had this bug that reduces your hitbox in 3rd view and still, 3rd view messer/sow ground sniffers spinners were definitely one of the biggest threats in the game. (If not the biggest)

3 1
  • 24 Aug
 Surfaced

@TrustyWays said:

@Surfaced said:
Or option C:

C option already exist, just don't check any of the both boxes, duh.

Seriously, theres no real advantage to 3p in a duel.

Uhm hahahaha.

Being in 3rd allow you to not take swings you would in 1st view. You don't need to follow your oppenant's weapon since it's always in your field of view. You can dodge swings way more easily and you never get blocked by any obstacles because you have eyes in your back.

In chivalry, you didn't had this bug that reduces your hitbox in 3rd view and still, 3rd view messer/sow ground sniffers spinners were definitely one of the biggest threats in the game. (If not the biggest)

Obstacles? are you not familiar with the maps yet? Again no advantage to be had over 1p if you you know the map (like played it more than once)
And now we're making up magic bugs about hit boxes? And nevermind 3rd person camera is nowhere near the same as chiv. And it wasn't 3p messer/sow ground sniffers, it was 1p messer/sow ground sniffers with 200+ fov.

Mercenary 178 612
  • 24 Aug
 Stauxie

No notable top players use 3rd-person. The only advantages that come from 3rd person are really not noticeable or worth it in 1v1. In teamfights you can see more of the fight just by being in 3rd person and that's where they would be more of a problem. Even still, most top players don't use 3rd person in teamfights either.

Splitting the community with these camera options would just be unnecessary. In PUBG it makes more sense because you have to approach the entire game differently and overall gameplay changes. In Mordhau that's not so much the case.

394 589
 smug

I think it should be split queues but Mordhau doesn't have the population to have functional queues in the first place, so splitting the community will be fueling the flames of the dumpsterfire that is Mordhau Ranked.

It's debatable whether or not third person is better in duels, but for 3v3 Skirm it's not even an argument that third person is just better because of the situational awareness you need in team modes. The vast majority of players are handicapping themselves by NOT playing third person in team fights, which wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't an option to switch perspectives. Player preference =/= most optimal choice, if this was the case fightsticks would be more optimal than hitboxes which isn't the case. This goes for 240 vs Binds as well, Trit really dropped the ball by making attacks bindable allowing people to circumvent their shitty control scheme implementation, instead of fixing 240 by removing the intermediary angles.

but guess what, those animations are easier to get a read on in 1p.

Probably not true as the most cancerous animations are done by putting the windup as close to your head cam as possible and then dragging etc. With the exception of stabs, I'm pretty sure everything is easier to read in 3p. You could make the argument that a zoomed fov is easier to read feints/animations with, but no top player is going to be playing with 90 horizontal fov in this game for good reason, not even duelers.

People aren't using 3p because it's worse than 1p, it's probably because most top chiv players traditionally played 1p so they are more inclined to use stuff that's familiar to them, and for the casuals first person is a lot more immersive and 3p animations look borderline retarded so it's more effective to larp in 1p. Anytime I play 3P I feel like my character has palsy.

49 44
  • 25 Aug
 TrustyWays

This ^

You couldn't be more right about players preferency.
I haven't thought about 3rd in 3v3 but you're also right. This is borderline op, I totally forget to talk about that. I have been doing referee a lot on server duel of 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4, it smacks everything.

Even if it splits the community, if 3rd outperform everyone in teamfights (or duels) people should be allow to disactivated it. I would hate having to switch to 3rd because it that's the only way to cover your sides in 3v3 or 5v5.

I'm here to play, not tryhard the first view.