Mordhau

New custom map: Anor Londo

193 385

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nrvynku4sm1y973/AnorLondo.rar/file

extract to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Content\Mordhau\Maps

Run Mordhau, Open Console `, Type 'Open AnorLondo'

• Known issues / Planned improvements * the map version is currently 1.1, i plan to update it to 1.2 with the following:

+varied textures and overall details
+the landscape is white when it should be green*
+the landscape doesnt match properly with the scenery in some places, you can also walk under the level boundary because of this
+currently there are no ammo boxes, ladders or siege engines, this is because im still learning how to implement them
+there is only one spawn point, i plan to add more when i learn how
+the landscape has no detail, but i plan to have procedural grass on it like other maps have
+there may be some wonky collision for some parts of the castle, this is because its constructed of BSP brushes, and blocking volumes are used as rudimentary collision
+the map is too bright overall, im aware of this, but not sure how to fix it as the skylight intensity doesnt seem to affect anything, i plan to change the sky box too for a nicer one
+i also plan to add more forest and tree types to blend the scenery with the walkable landscape, like how they do it on camp, but for now im not sure how to do that
+i would also like some custom music in the game but again, complicated to implement (for me)
+i also intend to support all legacy modes, not just deathmatch

Currently there is no dedicated server for the map (im not good with servers) but if anyone is interested in hosting the map i would be delighted to play it in multiplayer so please contact me about it through discord

Knight 460 888
  • 18 Aug
 wierHL

pretty cool

604 474
  • 18 Aug
 esturias

Textures look all the same, making it look quite bland, but the overall construction of that castle thingy looks nice.
However, no idea how that could serve as a map. Mostly because we just saw a tiny part of it...

193 385

@esturias said:
Textures look all the same, making it look quite bland, but the overall construction of that castle thingy looks nice.
However, no idea how that could serve as a map. Mostly because we just saw a tiny part of it...

i plan to add detail in the future, but for now im taking a break. if you want to see the whole map, you can download it and play it locally, just read the video description

83 51
  • 18 Aug
 Budd

Very cool

2 5
  • 19 Aug
 Viktorioo

Cool, medieval parkour map

Knight 644 987
  • 19 Aug
 VampireDuck

Very nice map. My only concern is the amount of areas you can climb to which will inevitably lead to archers and builders raining cancer from above in difficult to reach places, plus people constantly parkouring away making it infeasible for skirmish. For TDM and especially FFA/duels it could work well.

193 385

@VampireDuck said:
Very nice map. My only concern is the amount of areas you can climb to which will inevitably lead to archers and builders raining cancer from above in difficult to reach places, plus people constantly parkouring away making it infeasible for skirmish. For TDM and especially FFA/duels it could work well.

that is a valid concern, i intend to place a mortar in such a position so that anyone getting cozy on the rooftops can be easily blasted away

Knight 460 888
  • 20 Aug
 wierHL

@SherbershLemel said:

@VampireDuck said:

that is a valid concern, i intend to place a mortar in such a position so that anyone getting cozy on the rooftops can be easily blasted away

put it on another rooftop