Mordhau

We’re all just part of some sick joke

274 320
  • 17 Aug
 DrGert

Anyone else low key just kinda feel like we’re all part of some sick social experiment where Jax will continue to promise updates indefinitely knowing very well that they will never come just to see how long he can enslave a community?

This is rather elaborate, I must say. Well played, sir. Well played.

1757 1412
  • 17 Aug
 Rergato

lol what the hell is up with this nonsense

i dealt with DayZ... not in recent times but ‘13 when it first released.. trust me, this is nothing.. this is a god send if anything, because we have a functional, fun game to play

745 556
  • 17 Aug
 esturias

@Rergato said:
[...] , because we have a functional, fun game to play

We have what?

83 51
  • 17 Aug
 Budd

@Rergato said:
have a functional, fun game to play

I wouldn't say F u n c t i o n a l but most definitely fun to dick around and not take the game seriously like what so ever.

46 17
  • 17 Aug
 norshin

I think the devs read the forum and see a bunch of babies that start crying if you leave them for too long.

745 556
  • 17 Aug
 esturias

@norshin said:
I think the devs read the forum and see a bunch of babies that start crying if you leave them for too long.

If they think that, they should take their millions and leave. And they should never touch any project that has some kind of community behind it.
But that's hopefully just what you think...

btw: Those babies would have starved and died of thirst long ago, after desperately trying to eat the stuff oozing out of their bloated diapers...

Knight 469 913
  • 17 Aug
 wierHL

@esturias said:
btw: Those babies would have starved and died of thirst long ago, after desperately trying to eat the stuff oozing out of their bloated diapers...

Everyone inevitably encounters some point where they should stop typing and you just took a long jump over that point.

745 556
  • 17 Aug
 esturias

@wierHL said:
Everyone inevitably encounters some point where they should stop typing and you just took a long jump over that point.

Too much? :(
I'm just trying to adapt a bit...

717 594

i blame ue4. dog shit venus flytrap of an engine that devs get stuck in for eternity. w0w sick color correction tho

Knight 253 682
  • 17 Aug
 Iodine

I only visit the forums anymore just to see intellectual posts like these

80 116

Life is amazing when trivial things like a video game dont send you into psychotic levels of assmad

534 286
  • 17 Aug
 Gambit

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
i blame ue4. dog shit venus flytrap of an engine that devs get stuck in for eternity. w0w sick color correction tho

UE4 might not be perfect, but I don't know any other engines with the capabilities and support it has.

@OP My take on this is that if in about 6 - 8 months we don't have a well balanced game and the devs still are fixing issues rather than focusing on content then it's a problem. Take Rust for example, a pretty decent game that's quite popular at the moment. It had the exact same issue Mordhau is having steamcharts wise at the beginning, but now it's a thriving game. Pubg when it launched mainly just fixed issues and then in the last year they've been releasing some awesome updates.

If in the first year things go wrong for Mordhau, it isn't that abnormal.

Rust steam charts
https://puu.sh/E6hay/fabe993aa1.png

I have a signature

1418 1495

Do you ever wonder why we are here?

717 594

@Gambit said:

UE4 might not be perfect, but I don't know any other engines with the capabilities and support it has.

thats how they get ya. then you realize that pubg has been struggling with netcode and fps issues since release while getting the most "support" possible

i have yet to play a video game that doesn't feel wonky as hell on it. quake based engines have spoiled me....

1757 1412
  • 17 Aug
 Rergato

@Gambit said:

@OP My take on this is that if in about 6 - 8 months we don't have a well balanced game and the devs still are fixing issues rather than focusing on content then it's a problem. Take Rust for example, a pretty decent game that's quite popular at the moment. It had the exact same issue Mordhau is having steamcharts wise at the beginning, but now it's a thriving game. Pubg when it launched mainly just fixed issues and then in the last year they've been releasing some awesome updates.

Rust steam charts

I have a signature

God I fucking hate Rust. You really need to no-life it to win on vanilla

534 286
  • 17 Aug
 Gambit

@Rergato said:

@Gambit said:

Rust steam charts

I have a signature

God I fucking hate Rust. You really need to no-life it to win on vanilla

Yea I never pursued that life but I can appreciate it's a decent game and they still update it a lot.

I have a signature

294 117

I was nolifing rust for a while. Reasons why I quit rust was the XP based and then scrap based crafting system. I liked blueprints and high head damage bows. Guys would get 2shot with Bows. And once you snuck up on a clueless guy with an ak, took his gear you were good to go, just needed to build a small base to put all the shit you just found and a bag.

Now it's all about farming scrap and scrapping useless shit and useful shit like camera for parts and soloing is just a nightmare. But it's still somewhat of a good game, modded servers have builder and weapon kits for a less time consuming experience.

Anyway this used to be about mordhau right? I think devs are exhausted or overworked, might have run into some issues or bugs with the updates they're struggling to fix. Don't forget they probably worked on this game for the past 3 years...
I think we need beta versions of the new patch to help find problems before release.

Count 4205 9815
  • 17 Aug
 DerFurst

torn banner studios is sending out online counter-intelligence trolls to spread doubt and disinformation, what else could it be!

274 320
  • 17 Aug
 DrGert

@Rergato said:
lol what the hell is up with this nonsense

i dealt with DayZ... not in recent times but ‘13 when it first released.. trust me, this is nothing.. this is a god send if anything, because we have a functional, fun game to play

Tbh I took a healthy much needed break from mordhau. It was my main since release. Haven’t been on the forums in a while and some weird disgusting part of my soul started to miss this place so I thought I’d give you something to talk about.

83 51
  • 17 Aug
 Budd

I get why every ones looking at rust as an example but the thing is about that its all time low was 11k players and it never went back to that ever. It is hardly able to be taken as a "dead" era of the game.

Personally I burnt my self out on the game pooring hundreds of hours into a constantly developing world, well worth it but I sometimes give it a re-download, play with friends and dont touch it again for a month.

The difference here is that Rust's all time low took about 11 months, nearly a whole year after launch. Mordhau's decent was being seen in like 2.5 months. Thats what we call a not so pro gamer move.