Mordhau

The truth about Mordhau and Triternion

58 129
  • 20 Aug
 Quadsword

@Goof said:
Imagine being upset about a poor update for 4 months, when there are those who sat through kickstarter and alpha development for over 2 years lmao

Pointing out that the developers have always been terrible at communicating does not suddenly excuse all their current and future behavior.

I would think they'd learn their lesson after having it beat into their heads over 2 years of alpha, but here we are 4 months after release, with 90% player loss and zero signs of life from the developers. I'm sick and fucking tired of being taken for a ride by developers.

58 129
  • 20 Aug
 Quadsword

@VeryNegativeGaymer said:

@Quadsword said:

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

@Quadsword said:

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
i'm pretty new to this genre but anything with a high skill cap i see as a challenge to overcome — but if mordhau is the best this genre can do then that's insanely sad, cause i too can see the potential of these mechanics weighted with actual good game design. i still have hope for the mod support though, it'll be this games second wind when it comes to exploring the actual mechanics to see what game design best suits it

Mod tools aren't coming. The game will be abandoned long before we ever get an SDK.

maybe. i hope not though, i don't actually think the devs lost all their passion for this game once their massive paychecks rolled in. theres still a lot of their personal time sunk into this game project and you never really lose passion for that

Money changes people. Anyone in their position would just sell the company off to the first buyer and enjoy their early retirement.

The fact that you are a selfish c*nt doesn't mean you have reason to believe every other person is. If you have this little faith in anyone or anything why bother, if you had a passion project that suddenly made you money would that sole fact stop you from doing what you love? It's not like this game was some shit that was pushed out of the uterus of some sad dev company belonging to EA that don't give a fuck.

Most developers are selfish c*nts. Considering how many developers I used to love have betrayed their fans in 2019, I just assume they're all future EAs in training unless they prove otherwise.

Yes, I'm extremely jaded, because I've been lied to, ripped off, and screwed over by game developers one too many times.

84 134
  • 20 Aug
 IllOmens

Release Patchie

352.gif

58 129
  • 20 Aug
 Quadsword

@IllOmens said:
Release Patchie

352.gif

g33jodil1oh31

Can Bannerlord just release already?

395 590
  • 21 Aug
 smug

@Budd said:

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Peacerer said:

@DerFurst said:
Is it time for the "what ever happened to... ?" youtube retrospectives on Mordhau yet?

At least game has fights that look like real fights.

But then again it may soon has fights that look like nothing because no one plays it

i barely play the game anymore,i have trouble understanding why chivalry and all of his flaws kept me interested this long while mordhau doesnt

lore,backstory and maps that tied that all together, characters you could connect with not a just a jumbled mess of red vs blue that's just red team but blue...

shit even the classes in mordhau don't have defined roles other than the premade characters that u cant even fkn edit, which leads to such shit show of gameplay on servers, just a bunch of random ass characters running around aimlessly cause their class has no fkn purpose in the battle cause it wasn't ever given a role, shit you don't even get points for repairing walls or spikes.

hate on cmw all u want but their art, maps and structure was way better than the hodge podge of zweicopter bs that's goin on now.

both games are unplayable in their stock form to me and need extensive modding to be fun for more than a cpl weeks.

Adding on to this, what if there was a classed based system? Not like Chiv tho but actually one system to turn this game into a more team based game that its very so lacking, personally I dont believe team based is double teaming.

Now this is all just "what if" Highly doubt anything like this would ever get close to seeing the light of day.

But basically theres this class system where you can select a perk that gives you a set of weapons and armor will be limited but only to what class you're playing but it wont be just a set number like 2 / 2 / 2 but more like if its a lighter build you could have anything but 3 or if its a tanky class, they'd have to me limited to 3 or 2 armor, level 1 armor would make them too fast.

Theres alot that can go into this and honestly I could very well make a topic to discuss this because I would really like to see what you all come up with! :)

There already is a class system.

The point system was made to shoehorn you into "roles" if you wanted to play optimally anyway. The only "customization" that exists is for frontline larpers who make helmet-less builds etc. It's functionally worthless at higher levels of play. There are already meta strats where flankers wear light armor etc.

I don't like how people think points = power, when it's not.

Count 3976 8328

i think we should revamp an entire part of the combat system:
---add a weight system, i understand why the points were adopted but in a game where 60% of the weapons feels the same i dont think that it makes a lot of sense.
---add some kind of armor rating, there is enough customization so i think everyone will find what kind of weight/look/protection they are looking for
---add limb damage, kinda like in fallout, so where you hit will deal about the same damage but for an example you can severe someones limbs:
each broken leg will make you 25% slower (can be applied by bear traps)broken arms will make you deal less damage/hit slower/drain more stamina when blocking
severed head will make stuff blurry (also apply when inside smoke)severed torso will fuck up your stamina
---add some sort of skill tree where rather than total buffs you get free little tweaks like for examples:
overweight: your jump height is halved but you move half as much when kicked and hit by weaponsperfectionist: headshots do 25% more damage but bodyshots do 50% less
executioner: you dont have any health regen but kills fill up your health and stamina entirelyjokey: you are 10% slower when on foot but 20% faster on horseback
*glass bones: you strike and run 20% faster but you take 10% damage and limb damage from attacks you block, also limbs take 20% more damage (fall damage included)

56 22
  • 22 Aug
 DEADSY

^^ if I wanted all of this shit then I would just play a different damn game.

Count 3976 8328
367 341
  • 22 Aug
 Peacerer

@TheDankestMeme said:
---add a weight system...

We already got this. Unfortunately, Marox didn't have enough time to implement it to all weapons but only to archery https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/16679/psa-bows-have-weight-seriously/

Count 3976 8328

@Peacerer said:

@TheDankestMeme said:
---add a weight system...

We already got this. Unfortunately, Marox didn't have enough time to implement it to all weapons but only to archery https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/16679/psa-bows-have-weight-seriously/

this is archer opression

archers rise up

4 2
  • 22 Aug
 necrosoup

I believe you people are asking for too much. The devs are doing the best they can at the time. Mordhau is in a great state currently. The players who abandoned the game most likely moved on to different titles 'cause the hype is over.
I had several issues with how the game handles matchmaking too. Servers can lag out, but when that happens I often go duel or play horde. The future of mordhau is in it's custom servers.
Also I have a lot of hope for the modding scene. Can you imagine custom maps with stories and adventures like the ones in Chivalry? The game is already all about creativity. Making modding support is the next logical step in my opinion.

Count 3976 8328

@SWSeriousMike said:
What do you mean 'you people'?

strawmen

743 556
  • 22 Aug
 esturias

@necrosoup said:
I believe you people are asking for too much.

What exactly are "you people" asking for?

The devs are doing the best they can at the time.

Aaaand you came to that conclusion based on... what?

4 2
  • 22 Aug
 necrosoup

@SWSeriousMike said:
What do you mean 'you people'?

I mean those who create these topics.

4 2
  • 22 Aug
 necrosoup

@esturias said:
Aaaand you came to that conclusion based on... what?

Mordhau was always a slow game to make (otherwise the 11 people thing wouldn't be so apparent)

743 556
  • 22 Aug
 esturias

@necrosoup said:
I mean those who create these topics.

The guy who created this thread is just a whiner with a lack of hobbies. But even being that, he isn't wrong with many things he wrote and he still doesn't ask for much more than a working game. Same with most other threads of this kind, so still no idea what you are talking about.

@necrosoup said:
Mordhau was always a slow game to make (otherwise the 11 people thing wouldn't be so apparent)

And how does that tell us anything about the developement quality

4 2
  • 22 Aug
 necrosoup

@esturias said:
And how does that tell us anything about the developement quality

Dude, you've probably mistaken me for a crystal ball of some kind. I can't possibly know what's going on at Triternion and what their plans are. You probably know more about that than I do.
The game is in a good state and I'm hopeful for it's future. Running away with other people's money just isn't a thing they will do when they still get income from sales and server renting.

4 6

Maybe we need a new community manager and replace the old one. I don't think he should be paid with is a current activity with the community across all platforms.

743 556
  • 22 Aug
 esturias

@necrosoup said:
The game is in a good state

Another interesting statement that you most definitely won't be able to explain...