Mordhau

The truth about Mordhau and Triternion

Knight 7577 13875
  • 18 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@Budd said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
das you continue to astound me by never making a single bad post, which is saying something because you just explained business and taxes to a retard in a manner that an ancap finds acceptable

Dude you're like the Anton Ego from Ratatouille of the forums my guy.

what ancient power have you unlocked in your psyche that you can make Ratatouille references

I truly have no idea what this means or how i'm supposed to respond to it

367 340
  • 18 Aug
 Peacerer

@das
As far as i know there's only ONE employee at Triternion. You can easily guess who's that.

To the rest. Why jump on Jax so harsh? The guy is probably getting peanuts... and not even allowed to reveal things.

310 239
  • 18 Aug
 LoPan

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Budd said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
das you continue to astound me by never making a single bad post, which is saying something because you just explained business and taxes to a retard in a manner that an ancap finds acceptable

what ancient power have you unlocked in your psyche that you can make Ratatouille references

Hold up.... Ratatouille is ancient? Well damn...

Knight 7577 13875
  • 18 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@LoPan said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Budd said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

that is not what I said

310 239
  • 18 Aug
 LoPan

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LoPan said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Budd said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

that is not what I said

Don’t make me think past what I presume...

1339 1396

The funny things is that they admitted to be bad with predictions and deadlines. Instead they just present what they want to implement and release eventually. But they could just talk about the past. There is little chance of making wrong predictions about the past. Art team could present early drafts they worked on recently, etc. Just some life signs.

Knight 933 941
  • 18 Aug
 afiNity

Most people can accept that it takes a couple of months for a new, big content update.
But at the same time people want to see development news and they want small fixes or small content updates in a more frequent manner. It's not even about the updates itself (even though I would like a lot of things to be changed, the game is not fundamentally broken), people just want to be assured that the devs still care about the game and actually have an idea for the future or even a roadmap. It's a psychological matter. You don't want to leave your playerbase completely alone and unknowing of the things to come. Better make a lot of small updates than one big update with months of silence in-between. Other games, like The Forest or Scum are/were having a much better patch policy.

34 37

@LoPan said:
IMHO:

The population has settled and the skill level has somewhat evened across the remaining players. The players who don’t have the patience to learn and/or the skill/hand eye coordination to overcome and adapt to play styles and mechanics quit.

It’s been that way with most good games of this genre, (m&b/wotr/chiv come to mind.). The group of players remaining dominate any new players and discourage them from taking the time to learn how to play effectively. So they just chalk it up to the games broken instead of themselves. It’s sad but true.

TL:DR - skill cap is high and pushes impatient/mediocre players away. Maybe add a mode that’s only available to players of lower ranks, I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's why you implement ranked matchmaking before you release your game. And not just for duels...

The devs started this project based on improving the flaws of Chivalry but completely ignored this issue. Now they have a 4-5k daily playerbase.

Conscript 150 273
  • 19 Aug
 Kaiowa

@Jax said:
Well SDK is a long term thing, and it's implied as being something that won't be in the next update in that post itself. Maps are taking a little longer than expected, but progress is going well - we're not going to hold an entire update to wait for that content, might as well just release that separately at a slightly later date.

We funded the mod tools Kickstarter goal and now you tell us it's a long term thing, is this a joke? That stuff should've been ready for release, we didn't fund your game to see the Kickstarter goals being delayed until the game is dead.

Knight 2229 4004
  • 19 Aug
 Runagate

Get scammed noob

Count 4202 9802
  • 19 Aug
 DerFurst

Is it time for the "what ever happened to... ?" youtube retrospectives on Mordhau yet?

6 3
  • 19 Aug
 CliffRacer

@Runagate said:
Get scammed noob

No gimme my Party Hat back Scammer. I report u to Jagex

1 0

@Quadsword said:

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

@Quadsword said:

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
i'm pretty new to this genre but anything with a high skill cap i see as a challenge to overcome — but if mordhau is the best this genre can do then that's insanely sad, cause i too can see the potential of these mechanics weighted with actual good game design. i still have hope for the mod support though, it'll be this games second wind when it comes to exploring the actual mechanics to see what game design best suits it

Mod tools aren't coming. The game will be abandoned long before we ever get an SDK.

maybe. i hope not though, i don't actually think the devs lost all their passion for this game once their massive paychecks rolled in. theres still a lot of their personal time sunk into this game project and you never really lose passion for that

Money changes people. Anyone in their position would just sell the company off to the first buyer and enjoy their early retirement.
The fact that you are a selfish c*nt doesn't mean you have reason to believe every other person is. If you have this little faith in anyone or anything why bother, if you had a passion project that suddenly made you money would that sole fact stop you from doing what you love? It's not like this game was some shit that was pushed out of the uterus of some sad dev company belonging to EA that don't give a fuck.

367 340
  • 19 Aug
 Peacerer

@DerFurst said:
Is it time for the "what ever happened to... ?" youtube retrospectives on Mordhau yet?

At least game has fights that look like real fights.

Count 3976 8323

@Peacerer said:

@DerFurst said:

But then again it may soon has fights that look like nothing because no one plays it

i barely play the game anymore,i have trouble understanding why chivalry and all of his flaws kept me interested this long while mordhau doesnt

83 51
  • 20 Aug
 Budd

Yo off topic for a little bit have you guys been seeing whats going on at the steam forums, Mods are locking up any discussion talking negatively about the game.

Its pretty dumb

Sellsword 680 2145
  • 20 Aug
 Goof

Imagine being upset about a poor update for 4 months, when there are those who sat through kickstarter and alpha development for over 2 years lmao

717 588

@Goof said:
Imagine being upset about a poor update for 4 months, when there are those who sat through kickstarter and alpha development for over 2 years lmao

owned lmao

190 93

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Peacerer said:

@DerFurst said:

But then again it may soon has fights that look like nothing because no one plays it

i barely play the game anymore,i have trouble understanding why chivalry and all of his flaws kept me interested this long while mordhau doesnt

lore,backstory and maps that tied that all together, characters you could connect with not a just a jumbled mess of red vs blue that's just red team but blue...

shit even the classes in mordhau don't have defined roles other than the premade characters that u cant even fkn edit, which leads to such shit show of gameplay on servers, just a bunch of random ass characters running around aimlessly cause their class has no fkn purpose in the battle cause it wasn't ever given a role, shit you don't even get points for repairing walls or spikes.

hate on cmw all u want but their art, maps and structure was way better than the hodge podge of zweicopter bs that's goin on now.

both games are unplayable in their stock form to me and need extensive modding to be fun for more than a cpl weeks.

83 51
  • 20 Aug
 Budd

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@Peacerer said:

@DerFurst said:

lore,backstory and maps that tied that all together, characters you could connect with not a just a jumbled mess of red vs blue that's just red team but blue...

shit even the classes in mordhau don't have defined roles other than the premade characters that u cant even fkn edit, which leads to such shit show of gameplay on servers, just a bunch of random ass characters running around aimlessly cause their class has no fkn purpose in the battle cause it wasn't ever given a role, shit you don't even get points for repairing walls or spikes.

hate on cmw all u want but their art, maps and structure was way better than the hodge podge of zweicopter bs that's goin on now.

both games are unplayable in their stock form to me and need extensive modding to be fun for more than a cpl weeks.

Adding on to this, what if there was a classed based system? Not like Chiv tho but actually one system to turn this game into a more team based game that its very so lacking, personally I dont believe team based is double teaming.

Now this is all just "what if" Highly doubt anything like this would ever get close to seeing the light of day.

But basically theres this class system where you can select a perk that gives you a set of weapons and armor will be limited but only to what class you're playing but it wont be just a set number like 2 / 2 / 2 but more like if its a lighter build you could have anything but 3 or if its a tanky class, they'd have to me limited to 3 or 2 armor, level 1 armor would make them too fast.

Theres alot that can go into this and honestly I could very well make a topic to discuss this because I would really like to see what you all come up with! :)