Mordhau

The truth about Mordhau and Triternion

58 127
  • 15 Aug
 Quadsword

Let's face it - the developers don't care what any of us want, and they never have to again. Mordhau's surprise success made them all millionaires overnight. Why on earth would they want to spend any of that money on a game that's already the overwhelming majority of money's it's ever going to make? If I were in their position, I'd say fuck Mordhau and enjoy early retirement.

If you're a US player, you've already seen how uncaring Triternion is. 4 months out from launch and US servers are still just as bad now as they were on day one. The fact that the US region is nearly dead and devoid of active servers speaks volumes. That tends to happen when people are forced to put up with packet loss, ghost parries and phantom hits if they want to play the game. You can only get killed by a spear that was clearly out of range so many times before you just want to play something else. 4 months and not even an acknowledgement that this is an issue. Hell, it would literally take a day to switch server providers, they just haven't done it. Sadly, any time I bring this issue up, I just get gaslighted by the poor sods on the Steam forums that have deluded themselves into believing everything is okay.

They released that absolute travesty of a map known as crossroads. They then 'reworked' it and actually made it worse. Since then, there's been no further updates. Crossroads is still unbalanced trash that causes the server to empty out any time it gets voted for, and the devs have known about this for months and done NOTHING.

When you guys set out to make a better Chivalry clone, did you also have to inherit Torn Banner's IDGAF attitude towards the game and its players? Why does every game in this genre end up this way?

Maybe one day some actual good developers will come along and make a FPSlasher. I refuse to use the Epic store for a multitude of reasons so Chivalry 2 basically doesn't exist in my mind. Maybe my grand kids will get the chance to play Bannerlord and experience an actual good FPSlasher.

717 587

i'm pretty new to this genre but anything with a high skill cap i see as a challenge to overcome — but if mordhau is the best this genre can do then that's insanely sad, cause i too can see the potential of these mechanics weighted with actual good game design. i still have hope for the mod support though, it'll be this games second wind when it comes to exploring the actual mechanics to see what game design best suits it

the mechanics are WAY too good for somethin like fuckin....frontline or just vanilla 3v3

58 127
  • 15 Aug
 Quadsword

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
i'm pretty new to this genre but anything with a high skill cap i see as a challenge to overcome — but if mordhau is the best this genre can do then that's insanely sad, cause i too can see the potential of these mechanics weighted with actual good game design. i still have hope for the mod support though, it'll be this games second wind when it comes to exploring the actual mechanics to see what game design best suits it

Mod tools aren't coming. The game will be abandoned long before we ever get an SDK.

604 474
  • 15 Aug
 esturias

We already had all that in the other thread...

717 587

@Quadsword said:

Mod tools aren't coming. The game will be abandoned long before we ever get an SDK.

maybe. i hope not though, i don't actually think the devs lost all their passion for this game once their massive paychecks rolled in. theres still a lot of their personal time sunk into this game project and you never really lose passion for that

58 127
  • 15 Aug
 Quadsword

@Quadsword said:

maybe. i hope not though, i don't actually think the devs lost all their passion for this game once their massive paychecks rolled in. theres still a lot of their personal time sunk into this game project and you never really lose passion for that

Money changes people. Anyone in their position would just sell the company off to the first buyer and enjoy their early retirement.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 15 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

good lord you're a pessimistic fuck, just leave lmao

Knight 2228 4003
  • 15 Aug
 Runagate

Hmmmm... this post seems to be based.....

58 127
  • 15 Aug
 Quadsword

@ToLazy4Name said:

Damn right I'm a pessimistic fuck because Triternion has thoroughly worn out my patience. If you were in the US and had to put up with these potato servers while everyone else was having a fine experience, you'd be frustrated too.

When there are reasons to be optimistic, when real positive change starts happening, then the pessimism will go away.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 15 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@Quadsword said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Damn right I'm a pessimistic fuck because Triternion has thoroughly worn out my patience. If you were in the US and had to put up with these potato servers while everyone else was having a fine experience, you'd be frustrated too.

yeah man haha if only I was in the US man sure is great not being in the US lol xD

• 15 Aug
 freygeist
This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
45 25
  • 16 Aug
 Digganob

@Quadsword said:
If you're a US player, you've already seen how uncaring Triternion is. 4 months out from launch and US servers are still just as bad now as they were on day one. The fact that the US region is nearly dead and devoid of active servers speaks volumes. That tends to happen when people are forced to put up with packet loss, ghost parries and phantom hits if they want to play the game. You can only get killed by a spear that was clearly out of range so many times before you just want to play something else. 4 months and not even an acknowledgement that this is an issue. Hell, it would literally take a day to switch server providers, they just haven't done it. Sadly, any time I bring this issue up, I just get gaslighted by the poor sods on the Steam forums that have deluded themselves into believing everything is okay.

The fuck is wrong with your wifi? I've been getting pretty great connection excepting a few hiccups now and then. Only problems I've had is when my wifi is bad.

83 51
  • 16 Aug
 Budd

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Quadsword said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

yeah man haha if only I was in the US man sure is great not being in the US lol xD

Jesus Christ you're just one of the most toxic edge lords on this forum, just a complete insult to anyone. Further making people who want to see this game succeed just get turned away by people like you, further killing whats left of the community with your online cool edgy guy asshole persona.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 16 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@Budd said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Quadsword said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Jesus Christ you're just one of the most toxic edge lords on this forum, just a complete insult to anyone. Further making people who want to see this game succeed just get turned away by people like you, further killing whats left of the community with your online cool edgy guy asshole persona.

yeah man i'm the asshole, not the angry creature assuming i'm some europoor monkey lmao

58 127
  • 16 Aug
 Quadsword

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Budd said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Quadsword said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

yeah man i'm the asshole, not the angry creature assuming i'm some europoor monkey lmao

The hell are you talking about? US servers in this game are notoriously awful and have been for months. I'm not assuming a goddamn thing about you. I don't care where you live. I'm saying you'd have a very different opinion of the game if you were one of the unlucky ones that has had to put up with fried potato servers for the past 4 months.

193 385

im EU and my experience on US servers is somewhat better than youre describing. maybe you need a better understanding of how different pings affect the timings of the game

1 1
  • 16 Aug
 doghis

Have you ever played on EU servers? I'm currently in Brussels with a great connection, and I can barely connect to Amsterdam servers, and Amsterdam is, what, 100 miles away? I live in Austin and play with no connection issues on Dallas servers, which is almost twice the distance. I sometimes play on LA servers, barely ever get ping issues, and LA is over 1000 miles away from where I live. I have half-decent internet, and have barely any problems on US servers.

190 93

modding and mapping scene is alive and booming.

You guys are silly to think a small team of like 15 ppl is going to cater to your every nerf and whim or even has time to read the bs you ppl post here.

you want something to happen in the game make it happen by modding it or creating a map.

this medium wont accomplish anything for the game whatsoever!

learn ue4 and mod the game.

quit fkn whining and do sumthing about it.

Knight 460 888
  • 16 Aug
 wierHL

@doghis said:
Have you ever played on EU servers? I'm currently in Brussels with a great connection, and I can barely connect to Amsterdam servers, and Amsterdam is, what, 100 miles away?

I live in Belgium and I can connect to Amsterdam or Frankfurt servers just fine.