Mordhau

Lets face it, Mordhau is dying and we all know why

970 698
  • 27 Aug
 esturias

@LoPan said:
Even w 700 hours, I still get beat by people. I just adapt and don’t make excuses.

What excuses are you talking about?

Small Kickstarter dev team.

That's an excuse.

30$ game that offers more than most.

What does "more than most" mean?

All you do is whine. Who’s entitled again?

What whining are you talking about and how is your excuse relevant regarding that?

312 244
  • 27 Aug
 LoPan

@esturias said:

@LoPan said:
Even w 700 hours, I still get beat by people. I just adapt and don’t make excuses.

What excuses are you talking about?

Small Kickstarter dev team.

That's an excuse.

30$ game that offers more than most.

What does "more than most" mean?

All you do is whine. Who’s entitled again?

What whining are you talking about and how is your excuse relevant regarding that?

What am I making an excuse about? I have no qualms w the game.

I stated two facts?

Game has a 30$ price tag.

Game has a small kickstarter dev team.

You’re really reaching hard for something.

1154 1807

The plot thickens

403 601
  • 27 Aug
 smug

Please dont act like this game is rocket science.

46 17
  • 27 Aug
 norshin

Y'all need a patchie

957 306

we need new patchie

83 56
  • 1 Sep
 Budd

@Antoniokontos said:
we need new patchie

Thankfully were getting another one maybe this week or 3 so lets just hope for the best :)

161 62
  • 1 Sep
 CarnifeX

@Budd said:

@Antoniokontos said:
we need new patchie

Thankfully were getting another one maybe this week or 3 so lets just hope for the best :)

muhahaha

124 44
  • 3 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

Mordhau is a de-facto early access game, if you look at the content.

It suffers from the same issue ALL early access games have: people play it in its crappy state with little content, move on to something else, and by the time the game is more fleshed out and officially released it has already lost its playerbase.

They released the game too early, simple as that. They can improve the game all they want but it has lost its momentum.

104 86
  • 6 Sep
 Cracksmith

The game is like tf2. New update will pull in new players, just the way it works. The mechanical foundation was enough to draw people in, but it won't ever keep people in. New content is how a game stays alive-no matter how long it takes to make new content, the community can and WILL subsist. The only way a game can fail is if the developer doesn't care, but triternion has shown us time and time again that they LISTEN to us. Which can't be said for other devs like Torn Banner or even VALVe. (as a sidenote, the state of valve is absolutely depressing)

124 44
  • 7 Sep
 Tr0gledyte

@Cracksmith said:
The game is like tf2. New update will pull in new players, just the way it works. The mechanical foundation was enough to draw people in, but it won't ever keep people in. New content is how a game stays alive-no matter how long it takes to make new content, the community can and WILL subsist. The only way a game can fail is if the developer doesn't care, but triternion has shown us time and time again that they LISTEN to us. Which can't be said for other devs like Torn Banner or even VALVe. (as a sidenote, the state of valve is absolutely depressing)

TF2 is free. That's where the analogy fails. If Mordhau were free it'd have tons of players too.

I hope the devs release new maps and other content soon, along with a 50% off Steam sale.

Knight 54 54
  • 7 Sep
 Kobilic

Fifth month average active daily users of Chivalry after release: 1,523.4

Fifth month average active daily users of Mordhau after release: 4,200.0

We know that Mordhau shipped one million copies shortly after release as appose to torn banner who took a few months... so we can conclude that Mordhau is showing a higher percentage of retention so far based on those numbers 5 months in. I can safely say that Mordhau has superior active numbers and superior peak numbers so far.

I don't remember anyone saying that chivalry died 5 months after release. So I'm a bit disappointed people are exaggerating these numbers for Mordhau. The community has a right to be worried, but I'm personally pretty confident that steam sales, future content/updates and free weekends will keep it going. Add modding support to the equation and we could very well see another dayz pattern follow. It's certainly has a core system capable of supporting first class mod projects. So I'm feeling very optimistic about it's future and plan to sacrifice much of my time to create more content. Unless the devs abandon this project I can't see why most people who own a copy won't support the next big mod or triternion title that follows.

957 306

@Tr0gledyte said:

@Cracksmith said:

TF2 is free. That's where the analogy fails. If Mordhau were free it'd have tons of players too.

I hope the devs release new maps and other content soon, along with a 50% off Steam sale.

i had to buy tf2 back in 07 it wasn't free till 2010 or 2011

104 86
  • 9 Sep
 Cracksmith

@Tr0gledyte said:

@Cracksmith said:

The same thing was happening in the game's early days as well. Player numbers were plummeting before VALVe introduced the scout update. This was in 09, I think, when it was still pay to play.

312 244
  • 9 Sep
 LoPan

@Cracksmith said:

@Tr0gledyte said:

@Cracksmith said:

The same thing was happening in the game's early days as well. Player numbers were plummeting before VALVe introduced the scout update. This was in 09, I think, when it was still pay to play.

Let’s keep necroing this.

957 306

Let’s keep necroing this.

not Necrotic if it never hot that 60 days mark

18 21
  • 10 Sep
 Breidr

Mordhau is dying because the devs promised to remove chiv bullshit and instead created new bullshit. Archery OP: let's nerf it and add horses. Chambering is crap.

This is what happens when you listen to the top 10%, everyone else leaves. But it has a "high skill ceiling" so that's okay. You want to know what also has a high skill ceiling? Chess. You want to know what the most popular board game is? Also chess. The skill ceiling argument falls flat on it's face.

They catered to sweats, so this game deserves to die. You either broaden your appeal or be happy with 1000 players at years end.

957 306

chivs 500 is more fun to play with than 60k casuals

24 13
  • 10 Sep
 Spree237

I understand the views of both sides here but personally, I think some people had a different idea of what Mordhau was going to be. Myself included, I have been hooked on the game's development and I had been hyped for 4 years straight, if not more. When I got the game, I enjoyed it. I was always great at the game from the get-go, never really trained myself to get better either and I only got better when I played it more. However, if I check my library now, Mordhau is uninstalled right now. Like me and thousands of others, we were not expecting the game to turn out like this. Is it a bad game? It is not tbh, It does a lot of things right and for certain people, it is perfectly fine and just needs tweaking on certain areas, and I respectfully agree with them in their pov but It was not the game I expected when I was hooked on it for so long. A lot of things just turned me off about the game and many aspects of it were different than I had seen from videos and from what I had read. This is entirely my fault for having such expectations and not the game's fault whatsoever.

For that reason, I believe the reason why so many people have left from the course of months, is not only because its a new game and in most new games the player count is obviously going to be high in the release and then gradually dwindle and get less and so on, but also because a lot of the new player base enjoyed it too but were just not attached to it or were disappointed by what they were given. I also know too many people who left just because the Community was not for them, saying how they had been in bad gaming communities before but Mordhau's topped all of them off by how severely terrible it was. And others wanted to play the game seriously and the mechanics did not rub to them as well as they had hoped. Personally I did not like the gameplay and the meta and it is more of an opinion than a criticism. I hope this gives another perspective of why the player base might be 'dying'. :D

1550 1617

Yep, wrong expectations. I didn't expect they would sit their asses sore on the release money just to release patches that make the game worse whenever they feel like it.

I did not expect that the game would be balanced around ten people playing duels. I did not expect a map blunder like Crossroads. I did not expect that horses would stay broken forever. I did not expect hidden stats in a competitive game (and no comment about it). I did not expect incorrect server labels. I did not expect that they would add increased stamina damage for certain weapons against shields - rock-paper-scissors in a competitive game. I did not expect that they wouldn't hire anyone with all the money because they don't think they will ever sell a copy again. I did not expect the devs would abandon the game before I do. I did not expect a ranking-based dueling mode with maps that don't support it. ...