Mordhau

Lets face it, Mordhau is dying and we all know why

23 6

The game is dying because the devs flat out refuse to ban people ruining the game.
Griefing, TK'ing, racism is rampant and people know they wont get banned for it, so they don't stop.
So all the players that don't do that, quit the game while all we are left with is 5% of the player base remaining and a good portion of those being toxic, teamkillers.

I have sent in numerous videos, and screenshots of people blatantly ruining games and admitting in chat that they cheat, or ruin all day without ban and all the response back I get is "we will look at banning people after update hits"

Knight 7759 14277
  • 23 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

@c08188447bf245df said:
The game is dying because the devs flat out refuse to ban people ruining the game.
Griefing, TK'ing, racism is rampant and people know they wont get banned for it, so they don't stop.
So all the players that don't do that, quit the game while all we are left with is 5% of the player base remaining and a good portion of those being toxic, teamkillers.

I have sent in numerous videos, and screenshots of people blatantly ruining games and admitting in chat that they cheat, or ruin all day without ban and all the response back I get is "we will look at banning people after update hits"

Hello again pot, i see you're still complaining about the kettle lmao

23 6

Considering half of those videos are of you griefing and team killing

@ToLazy4Name said:

@c08188447bf245df said:

Hello again pot, i see you're still complaining about the kettle lmao

Knight 7759 14277
  • 23 Aug
 ToLazy4Name

C'mon now pot, take your lithium and the voices will stop lying to you.

103 33
  • 23 Aug
 CazzyVR

Hasn't there been like 50 other threads about this shit?

975 702
  • 24 Aug
 esturias

@CazzyVR said:

Not that many, but a lot. And the last ones got started by the same guy, I think.

Would have been better to use the search function instead, right? ;P

103 33
  • 24 Aug
 CazzyVR

@esturias said:

@CazzyVR said:

Not that many, but a lot. And the last ones got started by the same guy, I think.

Would have been better to use the search function instead, right? ;P

Usually that's how it goes on other forums. Even Behesda.Net will lock a thread if it's a repeat

8 3

What did you people expect? This is pretty much normal.
You could say the very same to chivalry.
It was also great until people started to know how the system works and use only strong weapons/attacks
This is absolutely normal. It will never ever get back the amount of people it had. But it only can try maintain what it is now.

17 18

@Guts said:
Chivalry had a ton of bugs on release. Team Objective made it fun. It's a core part of the game that they lacked on their later games. Mordhau has a lot of great features that took Chivalry years and years to implement. We need solid TO maps. In TO you can play it a lot of different ways. Go for KD, go for the objective, camp, backstab people. Fight with your team, go off solo, rambo in, lead the other team away from the objective. You can set out to play different ways with every stage of the map. You can have certain loadouts you prefer at different points. You can become a tank with a shield and absorb arrows. So it changes, even minute to minute with players pushing in different areas. With team objective you feel something when you win. It gives the game a purpose. It's the most popular mode in Chivalry for a reason. It's fun!

I feel you man but don't get it wrong, even if they copy-paste chivalry TO it would still be something lacking and that is mordhau is a glorified medieval duel simulator, meaning that feeling of out skilling 2 or even more players don't exist in this game due to the implementation of the mechanic chambering. So you will always have that foul taste in your mouth knowing that you can outsmart two or more retards but they can still beat you due to chambering and also the mechanic of being glued on to your target.

Even in high-level play 5v5 its really just duels and the side that lose players first 90% of the time just lose the round.

717 604

if u've ever played CSGO in it's early stages you'd know it was a total fuckin disaster and a lot of pros wrote it off as a failure before they patched and reworked it to hell. it's now one of the best FPS's ever made IMO. i think mordhau has the potential to go thru a similar transformation, it's just a matter on how hard the devs are willing to work and how much resources they're willing to spend. but the potentials there!

Duke 150 206
  • 25 Aug
 .Wolf-

I love the game but it's not one of those play for hours kind of game as it gets a bit old. I mean Chiv was the same.. You need to make your own fun but only having a handful of maps really doesn't help. Especially when the devs can't balance them properly but I'd be happy with more diversity in maps.

403 601
  • 25 Aug
 smug

Optimism is cool, but lets not compare Counterstrike to Mordhau, or even entertain the suggestion that the circumstances are similar.

Counterstrike has always had a big legacy fanbase, and so Global Offensive succeeding was only a question of "when", and not "if". Chiv/Mordhau has always been a small game, hell even 1.6 atm is probably more active than Mordhau. (https://steamcharts.com/app/10)

717 604

@smug said:
Optimism is cool, but lets not compare Counterstrike to Mordhau, or even entertain the suggestion that the circumstances are similar.

Counterstrike has always had a big legacy fanbase, and so Global Offensive succeeding was only a question of "when", and not "if". Chiv/Mordhau has always been a small game, hell even 1.6 atm is probably more active than Mordhau. (https://steamcharts.com/app/10)

well, reminder CS:S was a total clunky buggy joke and the real pros just stayed in 1.6... cs:go was thought to have the same fate for sure (it was even buggier than CS:S initially and even i gave up on it) but they've totally reworked the game from the ground up and basically completely abandoned any semblance of it's original design in favor for actual good game design. so i think it's a matter of how flexible the devs are willing to be to make a very good game (making games is a lot easier these days thankfully, which is why such a tiny team like this is able to pull a game like this off)

now cs:cz...yeah.....[shudders]

83 56
  • 25 Aug
 Budd

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
if u've ever played CSGO in it's early stages you'd know it was a total fuckin disaster and a lot of pros wrote it off as a failure before they patched and reworked it to hell. it's now one of the best FPS's ever made IMO. i think mordhau has the potential to go thru a similar transformation, it's just a matter on how hard the devs are willing to work and how much resources they're willing to spend. but the potentials there!

See thats the thing, thats a actually full and constant dev team.

Were talkin 11 devs and 5 of em are artists...

312 244
  • 26 Aug
 LoPan

Games like this really die out eventually because ppl can’t handle the skill curve and want to blame other things for their own shortcomings.

Sure we’d all like some more maps/game types and modding. Modding would also extend the lifespan of this game indefinitely imo.

But let’s not pretend those are the reasons half of you whiney backseat devs are rage quitting.

367 341
  • 26 Aug
 Peacerer

What a bullcrap.

Mordhau was released to early. It's no secret. Even devs acknowledged that.

1570 1626

@LoPan said:
Games like this really die out eventually because ppl can’t handle the skill curve and want to blame other things for their own shortcomings.

Sure we’d all like some more maps/game types and modding. Modding would also extend the lifespan of this game indefinitely imo.

But let’s not pretend those are the reasons half of you whiney backseat devs are rage quitting.

"You fucking noobs can't handle the skill curve of Desert Bus. You blame boredom, but your shortcomings are the real reason. I'm so great nothing was ever able to bore me."

312 244
  • 27 Aug
 LoPan

@SWSeriousMike said:

@LoPan said:

"You fucking noobs can't handle the skill curve of Desert Bus. You blame boredom, but your shortcomings are the real reason. I'm so great nothing was ever able to bore me."

Even w 700 hours, I still get beat by people. I just adapt and don’t make excuses.

Small Kickstarter dev team. 30$ game that offers more than most. All you do is whine. Who’s entitled again?

1570 1626

@LoPan said:
Small Kickstarter dev team. 30$ game that offers more than most.

Sounds like excuses to me.

27 12
  • 27 Aug
 jebajlo

Maybe give more health, maybe + 20%? The maps are really big, which is annoying, especially for new players when it comes to dying so quickly in battle.